Silverwing

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 295 posts
  • World:US1
  • Character:Icey

Posted 26 November 2017 - 03:29 PM

There is nothing fair about this gap except to people who do not live in North America.  That has been my issue for months now.  This is a NORTH AMERICAN Server, US1, US2, US3.  The tourney ends at 9 PM PST and the server changes at 12 AM PST.  For 75% of the North American players it ends at 11 PM and server changes at 2 AM.  75% of this server is sleeping during those hours.  Therefore the people that live in NON NORTH AMERICAN countries have an unfair advantage because they can use 8 days of their energy because they can keep all of Sundays energy and use it after the tourney ends for the new tourney.  These players win week after week the experience tourney because of this.  Please do not tell me that this is fair to 75% of the players.  

Edited by Silverwing, 26 November 2017 - 03:29 PM.

Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience

~~Mark Twain~~

I was only born blonde in looks, not in intelligence level, so don't treat me like I am stupid....  don't be a moron!

#22 centella

centella

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 717 posts
  • LocationCalifornia
  • Team:Universal Savers
  • Character:Centella

Posted 26 November 2017 - 03:49 PM

???  how would you know that 75% of players are in the Central time zone?  you asked all players in all 3 servers of US?

if we go by population

Eastern Standard Time Zone:  150.2 million (47.1%)

Central Standard Time Zone:  92.3 million (29.0%)

Mountain Standard Time Zone:  21.3 million (6.7%)

Pacific Standard Time Zone: 53.0 million (16.6%)

and US players would have advantage in Europe servers and in Asia server

plus those who used "all of their energy Sunday night and used next Sunday before deadline" thus have 8 days of energy to gain advantage one week would sacrifice that energy the week after and also week before

• Lacatus and LevelHunter like this

--------------------------------------------------------

A noble man aspires to be better today than yesterday, a mean man is never happy unless he is better than anyone else.

Bring back Honor Tournament with these changes http://forum.us.hero...nor-tournament/

#23 Silverwing

Silverwing

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 295 posts

Posted 26 November 2017 - 03:59 PM

???  how would you know that 75% of players are in the Central time zone?  you asked all players in all 3 servers of US?

if we go by population

Eastern Standard Time Zone:  150.2 million (47.1%)

Central Standard Time Zone:  92.3 million (29.0%)

Mountain Standard Time Zone:  21.3 million (6.7%)

Pacific Standard Time Zone: 53.0 million (16.6%)

and US players would have advantage in Europe servers and in Asia server

plus those who used "all of their energy Sunday night and used next Sunday before deadline" thus have 8 days of energy to gain advantage one week would sacrifice that energy the week after and also week before

I didn't say that 75% of the people live in the central time zone.  So one week 3 players win the tourney, the next the other 3.  Check out US2 or US3, what the tourney results every week.....  3 specific players win, the next week the other 3, then the first 3, and continuing. In order for me to be even in top 10 on any server and I play all 3 servers, I have to not use any energy on Sunday and then use it between 10PM and 1 AM (Mountain Standard Time).  I can then hit top 10.  Seriously THIS IS NOT FAIR.   No one should have that advantage on ANY SERVER, plain and simple.    If you play on a European server, North Americans should not have that advantage and vice versa.  Everything should be a FAIR playing field but it is not.  Server and Tourney Start should be identical.  Everything should be aligned to ENSURE FAIRNESS FOR EVERY PLAYER NO MATTER WHERE YOU LIVE.

Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience

~~Mark Twain~~

I was only born blonde in looks, not in intelligence level, so don't treat me like I am stupid....  don't be a moron!

#24 centella

centella

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 717 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 26 November 2017 - 04:04 PM

"For 75% of the North American players it ends at 11 PM and server changes at 2 AM.  75% of this server is sleeping during those hours". = Central time

A noble man aspires to be better today than yesterday, a mean man is never happy unless he is better than anyone else.

Bring back Honor Tournament with these changes http://forum.us.hero...nor-tournament/

#25 nida

nida

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 65 posts
  • World:US3

Posted 26 November 2017 - 04:20 PM

in US3 you can't win because your team didn't hold energy trophy and your opponents have 3-5 energy. try hold at least 2 energy i'm sure you will get top 10 exp every week. :)

#26 centella

centella

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 717 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 26 November 2017 - 04:23 PM

one December in Northern Alaska

is not fair that everyone else gets to see a lot of the daytime while I get nighttime almost 24 hours a day

same date in Patagonia Chile

it is not fair that everyone else gets to see a lot of nighttime while I get daytime almost 24 hours a day

and not all European players have phones to use or are at their PC  ( they have school or work )  during those 3 hours

for those in Rome, those 3 hours are between  6 AM and 9 AM, and for someone in Greece is 7 AM and 10 AM, and for someone in London it is 5 AM and 8 AM

they either just waking up or busy going to school or work ON A MONDAY MORNING

ones in USA and Canada have a bigger advantage in Europe servers as UK deadlines would be 1 PM to 4 PM Sunday ( usually no work or school ) for someone in the pacific and 4 PM to 7 PM Sunday for those in eastern time zone

Edited by centella, 26 November 2017 - 04:26 PM.

#27 Silverwing

Silverwing

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 295 posts

Posted 26 November 2017 - 05:05 PM

in US3 you can't win because your team didn't hold energy trophy and your opponents have 3-5 energy. try hold at least 2 energy i'm sure you will get top 10 exp every week. :)

Server changes at 1 AM my time.  I get up in the morning at 4 AM.  By the time I get up people have close to 600,000 experience.  Why because they have used their Sunday energy after the tourney ends and all their Monday energy.  Those trophies would allow you to get top 3, but not shut you out of top 10 constantly.  I have tried it.  2 weeks ago I was on vacation.  Saved all my Sunday energy and used it after the tourney closed and stayed up until 1 AM.  Oh wait, I ended the tourney 7th with no energy trophies because I had 8 days of energy to use for the week.  

And Centella, HZ should then allow portability of our toons that fits better the servers as you keep directing North American players to play on European Servers.   People in the Eastern Time frame the time changes at 12 PM eastern.  So using the 11 PM to 2 AM it encompasses a lot of North America but for technicality lets use all the North America window:  9 PM to 3:30 AM.  

Edited by Silverwing, 26 November 2017 - 05:13 PM.

~~Mark Twain~~

#28 Astral

Astral

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 567 posts
  • LocationCanada
  • World:US4
  • Character:Astral

Posted 26 November 2017 - 11:39 PM

Ladies and gentlemen

This topic was created to share your different opinions and problems.  

Please try to not insult others within your responses or harass people with them. 

~Ez

• LevelHunter likes this

(lol)~Astral is amazing~ (lol)

(inlove) (heart) (inlove)

(smug) ~ Taylor's Biggest Fan ~ (smug)

#29 chumak

chumak

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 258 posts
  • Team:Donut Muchies
  • Character:Oleg1

Posted 27 November 2017 - 06:16 AM

Sorry, ES, but

Next, you won't allow people from different time zones to play on the server ;) ? Oh, and no cheating, either, meaning, no one would be allowed to use donuts to get that extra time! Yey! North Korea, here we come :) :)

PS: There are people that waste huge amounts of money to be at the top. Why? I don't know. But they do exist. And there is, literally, nothing you can do about it. At least, not in this century ;)

Best of luck! ;)

Edited by LevelHunter, 27 November 2017 - 07:04 PM.
removed illegal content

#30 Silverwing

Silverwing

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 295 posts

Posted 27 November 2017 - 11:44 AM

No where do I ever say that people can not play.  I am saying that in order to make it fair to everyone NO MATTER WHERE THEY LIVE, make the playing field even.  Put the tourney end time to end right at server time change, not 3 hours before.

Hey lets set up a kilometer race between you and me.  But wait I get a 3 hour start before you are allowed to leave the gate.....  now that is a fair race.

Edited by Silverwing, 27 November 2017 - 11:54 AM.

~~Mark Twain~~

#31 centella

centella

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 717 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 27 November 2017 - 12:32 PM

actually the equivalent to the "3 hour difference" is that we have a marathon race where official start time is at 5 AM but people have until 6 AM to get on starting line and start the marathon, anyone else who gets to starting line at 6:01 AM or later can't participate

those who started later have a disadvantage but might be able to catch up to those ahead

#32 chumak

chumak

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 258 posts

Posted 27 November 2017 - 03:11 PM

Silverwing,

we live in a global century. I understand why you are upset.  But it has been going on since internet and multiplayer gaming started, so long before HZ was even in a project ;)

what I am trying to say is that live and learn...

Even though I know what you mean, but, the way it sounds, that if you want to be on top, you might as well jump Europe or Asia or whatever.

Don't work yourself over such simple things as these ;)

Edited by LevelHunter, 27 November 2017 - 07:08 PM.
removed illegal content

#33 Astral

Astral

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 567 posts
  • LocationCanada
  • World:US4
  • Character:Astral

Posted 27 November 2017 - 08:23 PM

Hello,

I am afraid this topic has caused people to still be harassed and insulted.
Please use constructive and polite feedback. Do not harass people or try to insult them.

Thanks
~Ez

(lol)~Astral is amazing~ (lol)

(inlove) (heart) (inlove)

(smug) ~ Taylor's Biggest Fan ~ (smug)

#34 Dwerp

Dwerp

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 127 posts
  • LocationAlabama
  • Team:Suicidal Tendencies
  • Character:Dwerp

Posted 27 November 2017 - 09:29 PM

I have something of a compromise... suggestion

How about we start the tourney (whatever time you choose) monday, run it 6 days.. not 7.. cut it on/off at instantly world wide... Have a day of rest, start the tourney again.

For example, using a EST zone in US. (example only, any time zone could be the start point):

If the tourney starts at 12:00 AM EST on Monday morning in US, it starts world wide at the same time whatever time zone you are in. It ends, 11:59 PM EST Saturday night at whatever time zone you may be in...

For some this would end early in the morning.. others it would start late at night.

yes I realize most people are not up at 12AM to play, but that also means that folks on the other side of the world may be at work when it starts.. so, maybe it would be a good way to do this. It would or could possibly create some mode of balance. 

The day of rest I throw in to allow a day of "lets just enjoy the game". why so serious?  :P

oldaup9f23a.png

#35 Silverwing

Silverwing

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 295 posts

Posted 28 November 2017 - 12:37 AM

I have something of a compromise... suggestion

How about we start the tourney (whatever time you choose) monday, run it 6 days.. not 7.. cut it on/off at instantly world wide... Have a day of rest, start the tourney again.

For example, using a EST zone in US. (example only, any time zone could be the start point):

If the tourney starts at 12:00 AM EST on Monday morning in US, it starts world wide at the same time whatever time zone you are in. It ends, 11:59 PM EST Saturday night at whatever time zone you may be in...

For some this would end early in the morning.. others it would start late at night.

yes I realize most people are not up at 12AM to play, but that also means that folks on the other side of the world may be at work when it starts.. so, maybe it would be a good way to do this. It would or could possibly create some mode of balance. 

The day of rest I throw in to allow a day of "lets just enjoy the game". why so serious?  :P

Start it at server time change and end it at server time change.  This way everyone has the same advantage, no extra day of energy to use, no nothing.  Even playing field no matter where you live.   

Let's invite the 10 fastest runners in the world to race at noon start 10 kilometres but wait  3 of them get a 3 hour head start and let's see if the other 7 can finish the race and beat them.  In 3 hours they will be close to the finish line before the rest get off the block.  Doesn't matter how fast they are, there would be no closing the gap.  

~~Mark Twain~~

#36 chumak

chumak

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 258 posts

Posted 28 November 2017 - 01:41 AM

Have you ran a marathon before, Silverwing?

Sweety, we understand you. But we disagree with your proposal.

Let's be more open, since we live in a global world, and let us try to work together... (I almost went too far with some movie citations ;) :)

#37 Silverwing

Silverwing

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 295 posts

Posted 29 November 2017 - 03:36 PM

Have you ran a marathon before, Silverwing?

Sweety, we understand you. But we disagree with your proposal.

Let's be more open, since we live in a global world, and let us try to work together... (I almost went too far with some movie citations ;) :)

And there is the answer from a total of 4 of thousands of players on 3 servers.....  

~~Mark Twain~~

#38 Lacatus

Lacatus

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 419 posts
  • Team:Dark Mayhem
  • World:US2
  • Character:Fausta

Posted 30 November 2017 - 05:32 AM

And there is the answer from a total of 4 of thousands of players on 3 servers.....

So if 4k players don't like your proposal why u still insist since few months? :D (is a proverb "when two people tell you that you're drunk you have to go to sleep."
Now seriously this gap is since HZ start, on all servers, but only from few months you don't like it anymore. I wonder why.
Here is math one more time specially for u:
Week 0 (zero): player A don't do energy on Sunday so he will use only 6 days of energy from that week so he can't be in top10 with only 6 days of energy and maybe without energy trophies.
Week 1: player A will use energy from Sunday and like u said he will have 8 days of energy so he can win 1st or top3 if it have others competitors (usually are) who did the same or have more energy trophies or deeds etc.
Week 2: player A, like u said, will stop using energy from sunday so he will be again out of top10 cos of 6 days of energy only.
You pretend that in week 0 and week 2 he use 8 days too but u have to go to math classes again.

Edited by Lacatus, 30 November 2017 - 05:37 AM.

#39 Silverwing

Silverwing

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 295 posts

Posted 01 December 2017 - 12:02 AM

So if 4k players don't like your proposal why u still insist since few months? :D (is a proverb "when two people tell you that you're drunk you have to go to sleep."
Now seriously this gap is since HZ start, on all servers, but only from few months you don't like it anymore. I wonder why.
Here is math one more time specially for u:
Week 0 (zero): player A don't do energy on Sunday so he will use only 6 days of energy from that week so he can't be in top10 with only 6 days of energy and maybe without energy trophies.
Week 1: player A will use energy from Sunday and like u said he will have 8 days of energy so he can win 1st or top3 if it have others competitors (usually are) who did the same or have more energy trophies or deeds etc.
Week 2: player A, like u said, will stop using energy from sunday so he will be again out of top10 cos of 6 days of energy only.
You pretend that in week 0 and week 2 he use 8 days too but u have to go to math classes again.

4 out of 1000 players.  That doesn't say 4000 players.  Might want to reread my statement.  Everyone keeps quitting over this....  2 more I know have in the past couple of days.....  oh well..... people can play in a ghost town and you can be proud.  

Edited by Silverwing, 01 December 2017 - 12:15 AM.

~~Mark Twain~~

#40 Silverwing

Silverwing

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 295 posts

Posted 27 December 2017 - 03:55 AM

I think we have the verdict.  Nothing will ever be changed...... only 5 days to go ......  legends never die, they just fade away....  

~~Mark Twain~~

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users