• PipPipPip
  • 717 posts
  • LocationCalifornia
  • Team:Universal Savers
  • World:US1
  • Character:Centella

Posted 13 October 2017 - 06:51 PM

the forum should

* only people ( and if it can be done with permits, web crawlers bing and google, as I think that is main reason they allow guests to be able to go around, if they can't do that than we are forced to live with not signed in able to go around or sacrifice ability of web crawlers to go around  whole forum except the mods section as they must have one, every Forum I had been administrator or mod have special sections for them only ) who sign in can see all the forums ( or most of them, except mod section )

* Not signed in can read the Official hero zero news portion including a new "intro section" only

* encourage new signees to post at intro section to do the first post ( I dislike when new signees have to wait for a mod to approve their first post ant forum contests )

about game contests

they need to make sure to be more specific about rules, and a day or 2 before contest, allow members to ask questions and make sure they understand how each particular game is going to be, and as I said, if they encourage new signees to go to a "new intro thread" to make first post ( maybe even make it so that members with 1 posts are only ones able to read all forums, ones with no posts can read only "official hero zero news" and "hero zero"  sections ..................  that means they can't read forum contest and daily grind sections )

• Dwerp likes this

--------------------------------------------------------

A noble man aspires to be better today than yesterday, a mean man is never happy unless he is better than anyone else.

Bring back Honor Tournament with these changes http://forum.us.hero...nor-tournament/

#2 Dwerp

Dwerp

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 127 posts
  • LocationAlabama
  • Team:Suicidal Tendencies
  • World:US3
  • Character:Dwerp

Posted 13 October 2017 - 07:02 PM

I agree with a lot of what centella said, I would like to add:

How about specific server contests? Yes I know a lot of people have multi-server accounts, but what if each contest had a 1st 2nd 3rd place for each server? This might encourage those that only play on one or the other to get involved. I am sure someone would abuse this and try to win on all 3 servers, but we would need a way to ferret this out. I love to believe in the honor system, but yeah.. that will never happen. 

Also, time zone considerations. Do something that effectively brings different time zones into consideration. Seems that most of the responses I reply too are posted extremely late or extremely early (sleeping hours). I am honestly logged in most of the day in the office and rarely see new posts occur or responses during those hours (I am in office 10 hours a day so tells you how dead it is). While I don't play at night, there are people somewhere playing at the time I am on. Yet their participation in the forums is non-existent.  

Just more thoughts to add :)

oldaup9f23a.png

#3 centella

centella

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 717 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 13 October 2017 - 08:06 PM

hopefully with ezrealstorm as mod ( he is in Canada ) the hours to post issue gets a little better, on forum contests, as for a while all mods were from Europe

and about "advantage of Euro players on US servers" 

I am guessing US players would have an advantage on UK servers ;)  

it is what it is

only way to maybe solve it so that ones with advantage are ones from the area of the server would be if.......................... instead of making it midnight pacific for US server, it becomes 2 PM pacific, and for UK server, instead of midnight UK time, it is 2 PM UK time

would make set up of team fights more interesting ;)

• Astral likes this

A noble man aspires to be better today than yesterday, a mean man is never happy unless he is better than anyone else.

Bring back Honor Tournament with these changes http://forum.us.hero...nor-tournament/

#4 Silverwing

Silverwing

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 295 posts
  • Character:Icey

Posted 14 October 2017 - 04:44 AM

I think just by making everything start/end at the same time as the server change.  I bet it would change the look of a lot of things.  This 3 hour gap between server change and league or server change and tourney takes away advantages from players.  

• Astral likes this

Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience

~~Mark Twain~~

I was only born blonde in looks, not in intelligence level, so don't treat me like I am stupid....  don't be a moron!

#5 Jagan

Jagan

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 277 posts
  • LocationOn the other side of imagination
  • Team:Dark Mayhem
  • World:US2
  • Character:Jagan

Posted 15 October 2017 - 05:44 PM

hopefully with ezrealstorm as mod ( he is in Canada ) the hours to post issue gets a little better, on forum contests, as for a while all mods were from Europe

You do realize that Canada covers 5 time zones, right?

• Astral likes this
“What would your good be doing if there were no evil, and what would the earth look like if shadows disappeared from it? After all, shadows are cast by objects and people. There is the shadow of my sword. But there are also shadows of trees and living creatures. Would you like to denude the earth of all the trees and all the living beings in order to satisfy your fantasy of rejoicing in the naked light?”

― Mikhail Bulgakov, The Master and Margarita

#6 centella

centella

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 717 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 15 October 2017 - 06:17 PM

you do realize that 4 hrs difference from pacific time if you live in Atlantic time zone is better than being in London with 8 hours difference

and actually Canada has 6 time zones if you add Newfoundland which is 4.5 hrs differential from Pacific

• Astral likes this

#7 Astral

Astral

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 567 posts
  • LocationCanada
  • World:US4
  • Character:Astral

Posted 15 October 2017 - 11:14 PM

Hello,

My timezone is the exact timezone of the US servers.  (grin)

Yours,

Ez

• centella and Dwerp like this

(lol)~Astral is amazing~ (lol)

(inlove) (heart) (inlove)

(smug) ~ Taylor's Biggest Fan ~ (smug)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users