Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 419 posts
  • Team:Dark Mayhem
  • World:US2
  • Character:Fausta

Posted 14 September 2017 - 05:58 AM

I saw here all kinds of complains. Everytime when is a change ppl start to complain. When honor tournament was closed ppl that I never see on tournaments start to cry "I miss it" For real?
Now with new league (is the same like old league with bronze gold and so on..) first ppl cry cos they lose all fights..ofc they lose fights if they are in the wrong area. When they were in bronz league and by mystake they go up, it was the same but short memory not help. Those days was some changes so now no more higher opponents but almost equal or lower..in this way ratio of wins increased dramatically but ..ppl cry again "i get 0-1-2 points, omg why?!?". If they lose is not ok, if they win..again is not ok. Wtf? Is simple: if you win to much points you will advance to upper area and you will lose again. Stay where you are until your stats allow you to move in higher area. For sure complains help programmers to fix bugs and improve some features but think twice before post every day same problems without check them. Another species of players are the one who threaten "I will leave the game if you are not doing like I said!" Childish attitude when something is changed or become harder. Open your mind and try to adapt yourself. I think is the only way to success.
Hmmm...

• leapinglizard and chumak like this

#2 goofoff1

goofoff1

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 59 posts
  • Team:Swarm
  • World:US3
  • Character:whoever

Posted 14 September 2017 - 06:50 AM

Your post would make since if it were due to people advancing leagues...however most of the people who are complaining are in the same league as they were before they added the superhero league... before they added it I was winning 10-12 league fights a day IN THE CHAMPION LEAGUE i am still IN THE CHAMPION LEAGUE however they changed it to make people have to constantly spend donuts to refresh a ton of times every day to get someone they can even come close to beating. There was nothing wrong with the way the league was.. you couldnt win every time.. You watched spots to get new choices.. now a vast majority of people just quit doing league all together.. also if you look at the honor numbers a large number of those dont change much as people have quit doing those as well. The complaints are 100% valid because they changed the game for the worse (not to mention they didnt tell us they changed the formula in the update notes so clearly they were trying to slip it in and be underhanded about the change) We all love the game and the friends we have made here we complain to keep the game alive and improve it and stop our friends and others from leaving.

• centella likes this

#3 leapinglizard

leapinglizard

Bested the bandit

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 309 posts
  • Team:Dark mayhem
  • Character:leapinglizard

Posted 14 September 2017 - 01:33 PM

No change in formula, none other than everyone gets grouped back together making it tougher to stay in a league you are barely qualified for. Of course you used to win and stay easy because the points never reset so there were champions with 6000 points if you had 3000 you never saw them you only saw those with 2500 to 3500 including lots who shouldn't have been there. League is tough like it should be, they didn't make it worse they fixed it
  • chumak likes this

#4 centella

centella

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 717 posts
  • LocationCalifornia
  • Team:Universal Savers
  • World:US1
  • Character:Centella

Posted 14 September 2017 - 03:01 PM

leapinglizard

lots of people are talking not from champ 1  2 and 3

many are speaking from gold, silver, bronze where there should not be any changes AT ALL but there is pretty much the same issues

and in superheroes

basically the top 40 or so in US3 and lesser numbers in US2 and US1 ( in US2 2 weeks ago there were 41 but now is ONLY 30 and bottom 2 are in danger of going down to champ, and in US1 where 2 weeks ago was only 23, now is ONLY 16 ) would always get the bonuses and keep their distance from the rest UNLESS some of them retire from the game or they get the disadvantage of not being in a top team with extra energy and TUs thanks to trophies and some of the ones not far behind eventually get stronger than they are; and everyone else will never have a chance to catch up

a member used to be 3k-4k-4k-4k behind an usual number 30 in US3 who is in a top team?  2 months later thanks to bonuses and such, those 2 members even if member behind did all 4 extensions each day and number 30 did only 2 extensions per day but got those nice bonuses for being number 30?  we will be talking about being 3.5-5k-5k-5k behind

IT HAS INCREASED!!

--------------------------------------------------------

A noble man aspires to be better today than yesterday, a mean man is never happy unless he is better than anyone else.

Bring back Honor Tournament with these changes http://forum.us.hero...nor-tournament/

#5 goofoff1

goofoff1

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 59 posts

Posted 14 September 2017 - 04:23 PM

No change in formula, none other than everyone gets grouped back together making it tougher to stay in a league you are barely qualified for. Of course you used to win and stay easy because the points never reset so there were champions with 6000 points if you had 3000 you never saw them you only saw those with 2500 to 3500 including lots who shouldn't have been there. League is tough like it should be, they didn't make it worse they fixed it

If you are a regular forum reader you would know that they did in fact change the formula... here is a copy of the post 

We got an answer about the choice of opponents in league from Playata:

At the moment, several criterions are taken into account when choosing opponents:

first in which league you are,
after this, which player gives you points,
then how many times the opponent has already been attacked,
then a league is looked down,
and if there are no opponents, team members are suggested.

There are discussions about adaptations so the opponent selection also works better on smaller servers. 

As soon as we get more details, we will inform you.

So yes they did change the formula and yes it is bad for all players which is why there are so many complaints!

• LevelHunter likes this

#6 leapinglizard

leapinglizard

Bested the bandit

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 309 posts

Posted 14 September 2017 - 05:10 PM

If you are a regular forum reader you would know that they did in fact change the formula... here is a copy of the post

We got an answer about the choice of opponents in league from Playata:

At the moment, several criterions are taken into account when choosing opponents:

first in which league you are,
after this, which player gives you points,
then how many times the opponent has already been attacked,
then a league is looked down,
and if there are no opponents, team members are suggested.

There are discussions about adaptations so the opponent selection also works better on smaller servers.

As soon as we get more details, we will inform you.

So yes they did change the formula and yes it is bad for all players which is why there are so many complaints!

I got this same response months ago when I asked about how selected about 10 or so months ago.nothing changed.

The underdog factor is still there.

If you want to complain about winning sp, fine although lower levels still have more opportunities.

The leagues are still same as gold, silver etc it's just that you can't stockpile points any longer so losing hurts more

Edited by leapinglizard, 14 September 2017 - 05:11 PM.

• chumak likes this

#7 LittleOne

LittleOne

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 481 posts
  • Character:Priscilla

Posted 14 September 2017 - 08:09 PM

Did it change?  What leagues am I in?   :P 

#8 goofoff1

goofoff1

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 59 posts

Posted 14 September 2017 - 08:54 PM

No what it did is called a bait and switch.. which is illegal and can open them up to a lawsuit in many states. They baited people into buying into the game then switched the game so that it no longer complies with that they sold. Therefore anyone could take them to small claims court and sue for the maximum allowed (which varies by state). Even though they are based in another country they are selling in the US which opens them to US law. While most people would not be willing to go to this step over a game it has been done and won in several cases based on the same bait and switch or as the game developers called it in the court filings "enhancements and upgrades" which the judge found did not improve it for the customer "the players" only the developers "by sucking more money from the customer with little return"  

#9 leapinglizard

leapinglizard

Bested the bandit

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 309 posts

Posted 14 September 2017 - 11:19 PM

HahahahaHahahahahahahahahahahahaha

I don't even know where to start first this is a free game you didn't buy the game. The league has added zero reason to use donuts. I do fine without using any. I don't even know what else to point out, thanks for that though

Hahahahahahaha
  • chumak likes this

#10 goofoff1

goofoff1

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 59 posts

Posted 15 September 2017 - 12:21 AM

I am not going to argue the point of if its a free game or not.. but just know if you google search the topic you will find many micropayment games who have been sued and lost due to trying to rip off customers "or players" 

#11 FaithfulAizen

FaithfulAizen

Advanced Member

• Moderators
  • 1,453 posts
  • LocationMissouri
  • Team:Geek Force
  • Character:FaithfulAizen

Posted 15 September 2017 - 12:23 AM

Lets not complain no more its going to drive many of us nuts. You guys should remember the mods dont care to listen to us right now since all we've been doing has been complaining. Its why we barely see one on half the time. Also I'm pretty sure that the only teams not having issues are the top teams with strong people and the ones with the training trophies so lets no discuss anymore.

• centella and chumak like this

Aizen is the best

(inlove) (inlove) (inlove) (inlove) (inlove) (inlove) (inlove)

(smug) brb gotta do dishes (smug)

#12 Jagan

Jagan

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 277 posts
  • LocationOn the other side of imagination
  • Team:Dark Mayhem
  • Character:Jagan

Posted 15 September 2017 - 03:20 AM

No what it did is called a bait and switch.. which is illegal and can open them up to a lawsuit in many states. They baited people into buying into the game then switched the game so that it no longer complies with that they sold. Therefore anyone could take them to small claims court and sue for the maximum allowed (which varies by state). Even though they are based in another country they are selling in the US which opens them to US law. While most people would not be willing to go to this step over a game it has been done and won in several cases based on the same bait and switch or as the game developers called it in the court filings "enhancements and upgrades" which the judge found did not improve it for the customer "the players" only the developers "by sucking more money from the customer with little return"  

That is not the definition of bait and switch. 

Here is a classic example of "Bait and Switch" 

The bait and switch is a advertising technique which can be considered illegal, but in most cases is merely looked upon as dishonest. In a typical bait and switch, a business will advertise prices or rates which are exceptionally low in order to garner attention and motivate customers to inquire. Once the unsuspecting customers arrive at the business, the salesman or business owner will inform customers that the advertised price is no longer available, or that the customers do not meet the requirements to qualify for the advertised price. The salesman or owner will then attempt to sell the customers a product or service which is more expensive as a substitute for the advertised product or service.

Games change and evolve all the time. There is nothing shady about that. Personally, without the sales, I find the game too expensive. I do not have all day to hang around playing the game so I take short cuts which cost donuts and save me time. If you have all day to do your missions and trainings great. I don't. I don't begrudge the developers charging donuts for the conveniences. After all do they have to make money. I do however feel like the usual prices are far too steep. Hence, I wait for the sales. 

Edited by Jagan, 15 September 2017 - 03:21 AM.

“What would your good be doing if there were no evil, and what would the earth look like if shadows disappeared from it? After all, shadows are cast by objects and people. There is the shadow of my sword. But there are also shadows of trees and living creatures. Would you like to denude the earth of all the trees and all the living beings in order to satisfy your fantasy of rejoicing in the naked light?”

― Mikhail Bulgakov, The Master and Margarita

#13 FaithfulAizen

FaithfulAizen

Advanced Member

• Moderators
  • 1,453 posts
  • LocationMissouri
  • Team:Geek Force
  • Character:FaithfulAizen

Posted 15 September 2017 - 07:21 PM

Also Lacatus shouldnt this be tilted complaints not complains

Aizen is the best

(inlove) (inlove) (inlove) (inlove) (inlove) (inlove) (inlove)

(smug) brb gotta do dishes (smug)

#14 centella

centella

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 717 posts
  • LocationCalifornia
  • Team:Universal Savers
  • Character:Centella

Posted 15 September 2017 - 09:43 PM

complaints about complains? 

Complain

verb (used without object)
to express dissatisfaction, pain, uneasiness, censure, resentment, or grief; find fault:
He complained constantly about the noise in the corridor.
to tell of one's pains, ailments, etc.:
to complain of a backache.
to make a formal accusation:
If you think you've been swindled, complain to the police.

complaint

noun
an expression of discontent, regret, pain, censure, resentment, or grief; lament; faultfinding:
his complaint about poor schools.
a cause of discontent, pain, grief, lamentation, etc.
a cause of bodily pain or ailment; malady:
The doctor says I suffer from a rare complaint.
Law. the first pleading of the plaintiff in a civil action, stating the cause of action.

so all depends on how it is used, as a verb or as a noun

• FaithfulAizen likes this

A noble man aspires to be better today than yesterday, a mean man is never happy unless he is better than anyone else.

Bring back Honor Tournament with these changes http://forum.us.hero...nor-tournament/

#15 Silverwing

Silverwing

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 295 posts
  • Character:Icey

Posted 15 September 2017 - 11:25 PM

Of course the person that doesn't like the complaining is one of the people that benefit more from all the changes on the server.  She plays on 1 server, they get all the advantages of the 3 hour time different between server change and herocon/tourney changes, they get the benefits from the villains being in the wee hours of the night.  They have multiple teams of players with people who have left the game, but they gave them their logins and passwords so they can keep the characters on their teams and control them.  

I will tell you what.  Fix all the issues, align the server change with the tourney/herocon change, start making the villains proper times and proper proportions, not 5M hit points one in the middle of the night for North America and 100M ones during the day, if you are lucky to get them then.  Even out the playing field and see who starts complaining. 

All the changes affect the newer players more than the older ones.  You are established they are not.  They don't get skill points for being top in their league, they don't get all the perks that you get.   They took away the team honour tourney which gave the younger players team donuts to build a team.  They can't do that now.  They took away the regular honour tourney so the little players can build their stats from coins and have the top boosters.  This basically does not affect the strong, they are just getting stronger because all the changes are in their favour.

As for being a free game, yes it can be played for free.  But you have the right to buy donuts and as a buyer of them, you also have the right to complain if you don't like something you bought.

Edited by Silverwing, 15 September 2017 - 11:49 PM.

Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience

~~Mark Twain~~

I was only born blonde in looks, not in intelligence level, so don't treat me like I am stupid....  don't be a moron!

#16 chumak

chumak

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 258 posts
  • Team:Donut Muchies
  • Character:Oleg1

Posted 21 September 2017 - 04:14 AM

Complaints can be constructive, while they are not negative, otherwise they can become complains or worse, pure, childish whining.

PS: If you keep crying, remember-member, they can create platinum, uranian, super-duper and whatever else. Possibilities are unlimited. If you want to go absolutely nuts, they can raise room levels to 40's.

In the end, the stronger will always stay stronger and the new ones will have a hard time to get to the top.

So the cycle/loop will continue on, making the game worse, than it was, when it started.

there is a FINE LINE. Please, be considerate.

Edited by chumak, 21 September 2017 - 04:15 AM.

#17 chumak

chumak

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 258 posts
  • Team:Donut Muchies
  • Character:Oleg1

Posted 21 September 2017 - 04:20 AM

It just hit me, we are complaining about complaining

:D :P ;)