LevelHunter

The answer to life, the universe and everything

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 339 posts
  • LocationGermany
  • World:US1

Posted 03 August 2017 - 03:39 PM

People would probably come to the forum if the moderators were more friendly and less accusatory. BTW,  most Americans have no idea what CEST is. Is that the same as Zulu time? I have no idea what CEST is. 

Hello Jagan,

there's a website called ''Google'' where you only have to type in ''CEST'' to get a lot of information about it.

Greetings!
  • FaithfulAizen and Astral like this
Posted Image

#22 FaithfulAizen

FaithfulAizen

Advanced Member

• Moderators
  • 1,450 posts
  • LocationMissouri
  • Team:Geek Force
  • World:US2
  • Character:FaithfulAizen

Posted 03 August 2017 - 10:16 PM

zulu time sounded made up and so I looked it up lol

Aizen is the best

(inlove) (inlove) (inlove) (inlove) (inlove) (inlove) (inlove)

(smug) brb gotta do dishes (smug)

#23 Astral

Astral

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 567 posts
  • LocationCanada
  • World:US4
  • Character:Astral

Posted 03 August 2017 - 10:34 PM

We are still arguing about this ? Awesome.. People in here need to understand that when you are being mean to the moderators you will not get a nice reply either. It is the way life works, people will usually treat you how you treat them :) If you would like further notices you should really check the forums like the post that SabiLilli made about how to get more people to look at the forums, it is really not hard to open up an extra tab for 1 minute in your browser. 

(lol)~Astral is amazing~ (lol)

(inlove) (heart) (inlove)

(smug) ~ Taylor's Biggest Fan ~ (smug)

#24 Astral

Astral

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 567 posts
  • LocationCanada
  • Character:Astral

Posted 03 August 2017 - 10:39 PM

I havent seen mods being unfriendly ONCE in forums. The only time I've seen mods being harsh and unfriendly maybe is when the other person is being harsh and unfriendly to them too. Like we just got an example of up there ^ 

(lol)~Astral is amazing~ (lol)

(inlove) (heart) (inlove)

(smug) ~ Taylor's Biggest Fan ~ (smug)

#25 Silverwing

Silverwing

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 295 posts
  • Character:Icey

Posted 04 August 2017 - 01:01 AM

I havent seen mods being unfriendly ONCE in forums. The only time I've seen mods being harsh and unfriendly maybe is when the other person is being harsh and unfriendly to them too. Like we just got an example of up there ^ 

Unfortunately Ezreal you have not been on this game as long as I have been and it is because of past rude mods that I stopped coming to the forum.  Centellita said it to perfection.  

We all lead different lives.  I am gone 14 hours per day for work.  I store my vouchers for my days off and use them.  I also store them for Tuesdays when I know that I don't have to take 1-3 hours out for a villain.  My point when I started this was simple, it was again to make a suggestion saying "if you can post on the forum, why not put the post on the game earlier".  If it was an emergency unfortunately those can't be helped.  Making suggestions here, players just rip your head off and get rude if they don't like you in game or they don't like your suggestions.  Why am I the bad person here for making a suggestion and asking to have it posted in game for people earlier, if it is known.  In this case, it was known a lot earlier than 3 hours that the game notice came up.  

This is the reason I never read the forums, one I don't have time, secondly it changes constantly which means I have to live on the forums and finally, it is people like getting rude because I made a suggestion.   My case is closed. 

Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience

~~Mark Twain~~

I was only born blonde in looks, not in intelligence level, so don't treat me like I am stupid....  don't be a moron!

#26 SabiLilli

SabiLilli

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 225 posts
  • LocationGermany
  • Team:uk1 Fliplife Avengers
  • Character:SabiLilli (uk1) RememberMe (us1)

Posted 04 August 2017 - 06:22 AM

Silverwing, you seem to overestimate the power of forum-mods. This is a non-payed job only for the forum. Constructive feedback will be given to the developers. That's why i wanted you to write it to suggestions, even if you already made a post there last time. In your old post the suggestion was not easy to extract, 

Thank you centella for writing concrete suggestions!

Digging in far past and accusing all mods for beeing undfriendly won't help anyone of us. 

(devil) Hang loose (devil)

#27 JeffS

JeffS

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 28 August 2017 - 05:27 AM

We informed here, because it is an unusual day for the update. You got the normal heads-up in game today for an update. 

If you want to suggest another way of announcement, please write into topic Opinions + Suggestions: http://forum.us.herozerogame.com/index.php?/forum/10-opinions-suggestions/

That's cool. I don't mind this delay much

#28 cbsarge

cbsarge

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 49 posts
  • Team:Donut Munchies
  • Character:FinalJudgement

Posted 28 August 2017 - 04:31 PM

How about adding a latest posts forum feed to the actual game like the one I add with my Chrome Extension? People would be better informed of what's going on in the forum and it would probably get a lot more players looking at it.

latestposts.PNG

Edited by cbsarge, 28 August 2017 - 04:39 PM.

• AmericanMike likes this

smallsigs.png
:rolleyes:  Search for Hero Zero Sidekick on Facebook or the Chrome store! It's what all the cool kids are doing!  :rolleyes: 

#29 PhoenixGold

PhoenixGold

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 153 posts
  • Team:Gate 13
  • Character:PhoenixGold

Posted 29 August 2017 - 01:57 AM

I'll go on the record to say this. I don't come in here often. But when I do, I try to make my posts count and mean something. There are many who are young here. But I know there are many who are adults.

You all fall into one category or the other. Then there is the category after that. Moderators/staff I understand you are unpaid, but you are moderators for a reason. I have moderated several boards for many other games. I don't want to call anyone out. This is not my position, but your are here to help. Regardless of the state of mind of the other poster. And for those who are not directly involved why are you trolling? If you agree or disagree with a person's opinion that's fine but you don't have any right to tell someone how to run their game or how to play it. There are days that I can play my whole game in 3 or 4 hours. But then there are days that it takes me the whole day because I can't just dedicate 3 or 4 hours to play it and set my missions and trainings one right after the other. Some don't have multitask. Some can't afford the donut pricetag. Remember there are some children who play this game too and they don't have credit cards and you can't purchase it with ingame donuts until you have purchased some first by using real money. Before you start saying that people should come here and read the posts, you should consider this as a secondary option in my opinion. The forum is NOT a mandatory part of the game. Also this game is not just a PC game. Or Facebook game. It is also a mobile app. So for people like me...I have to use my phone to read and log into the forums. Very difficult to navigate and read on a tiny screen. I don't have time to check for irregular updates that may or may happen irregularly on an irregular basis.

Anyway that's part of 2 cents. Hard to put down my thoughts with a cell phone and only a small window of visibility on my screen.

Thanks for listening,
-PG

Edited by PhoenixGold, 29 August 2017 - 01:59 AM.

• Lacatus, leapinglizard and Silverwing like this

#30 PhoenixGold

PhoenixGold

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 153 posts

Posted 29 August 2017 - 02:48 AM

One of my lines should read: may or may not happen irregularly...

#31 SabiLilli

SabiLilli

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 225 posts
  • LocationGermany
  • Team:uk1 Fliplife Avengers
  • Character:SabiLilli (uk1) RememberMe (us1)

Posted 29 August 2017 - 12:11 PM

feel free to apply for moderator here or find someone you may trust 

(devil) Hang loose (devil)

#32 PhoenixGold

PhoenixGold

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 153 posts

Posted 01 September 2017 - 02:24 PM

Oh and one other thing to consider, is that if this is supposed to be the place to get all the information you need a out the game at all times, then there should be a bit more publicity in game for that. People might know that the forums exist, but do they know it exists to provide the latest information? And should be the place to go every day at all times in case of irregular inconsistent updates or issues? If so does the server have the capacity to handle the 400 or so users from us2? I don't know how many different active players are on the other servers, but also developers need to see that the forum is not the best place for communication right now because we don't have 1000 players logged into the forums daily at any given time. This should tell them this is not the spot to post important in the moment information first. Post it secondary...yes.

My other 1 cent.
-PG
  • Silverwing likes this

#33 centella

centella

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 717 posts
  • LocationCalifornia
  • Team:Universal Savers
  • Character:Centella

Posted 01 September 2017 - 03:03 PM

is hard to gouge how many ACTUALLY COME TO THE FORUM for one main reason

MOST PEOPLE only visit as guests!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

we could get a real view if we held guests from reading most sections except the off topic section and fan art section ;)

--------------------------------------------------------

A noble man aspires to be better today than yesterday, a mean man is never happy unless he is better than anyone else.

Bring back Honor Tournament with these changes http://forum.us.hero...nor-tournament/

#34 PhoenixGold

PhoenixGold

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 153 posts

Posted 02 September 2017 - 06:37 PM

Oh trust me I get that. But when things go belly up ingame the forum gets more activity. But there certainly isn't 300 guests or of that many people logged in. Just saying...I don't recall how many the other day when the servers were down for about 30 minutes or so, how many people were on watching the forums but it certainly wasn't in the hundreds let alone a thousand as it appears to have affected multiple servers. I mean there is a counter at the bottom showing members, guests, and anonymous logins. So we might not know 'WHO' logged in but we can tell about how many...

Edited by PhoenixGold, 02 September 2017 - 06:42 PM.

#35 centella

centella

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 717 posts
  • LocationCalifornia
  • Team:Universal Savers
  • Character:Centella

Posted 02 September 2017 - 06:54 PM

you have to remember that forum wise..

there is "only" about 18 to 25 of them

US for all 3 US servers

UK for both UK services

Asia pacific for just one AP server (despite all the flags they show for asia, and is in english )

one German forum for all 20 something servers of Germany

and so on ( specially in  Europe )

and that many people have a toon in many servers of their language, I myself have a toon in all 3 US servers ( keep them in separate tabs in my computer at same time  as all 3 are different web addresses )

A noble man aspires to be better today than yesterday, a mean man is never happy unless he is better than anyone else.

Bring back Honor Tournament with these changes http://forum.us.hero...nor-tournament/

#36 PhoenixGold

PhoenixGold

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 153 posts

Posted 04 September 2017 - 04:35 PM

Sure...again I understand that. But surely you understand my point? The mods and developers think the forum is a viable way of communication when they push out an emergency update etc. Which I can agree that it can be a form of communication. But if they have time to put it up on the forums in advanced they should be able to post ingame as well. Because there aren't hundreds of players coming to the forums. Right now the devs could be working on an irregular update or patch....I appear to be the only one logged in right now. No guests or anons logged in on this forum. So I could potentially be the only one who would know from this forum. But I would venture to guess the other forums don't have 100s either. I do get the multiple accounts per server. Take that into consideration you are still talking about hundreds of players just on one of the us servers alone...pick one...any one..use has at least 300-400 players active/semi active.

Edited by PhoenixGold, 04 September 2017 - 04:44 PM.

#37 PhoenixGold

PhoenixGold

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 153 posts

Posted 05 September 2017 - 04:28 AM

Use=us2 server

#38 Silverwing

Silverwing

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 295 posts
  • Character:Icey

Posted 05 September 2017 - 04:31 AM

I can login on PC, I tried to login on my phone by going to the forums off the game page.  Told me to login and after 15 attempts I gave up because it kept telling me the user name/password don't work.  But they work on PC.  

Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience

~~Mark Twain~~

I was only born blonde in looks, not in intelligence level, so don't treat me like I am stupid....  don't be a moron!

#39 Dragonsi

Dragonsi

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 17 posts
  • Team:Loophole Strategy
  • Character:Dragonsi

Posted 05 September 2017 - 06:14 AM

I really don't think it's fair they only post here when the game is going down. I am a Steam player, and they NEVER post a single thing on the Steam info page where you hit the PLAY button. And if I leave the game idle for 10 minutes, then I get the duplicate sign in error, so of course I go back and hit the PLAY button several times a day.  I was off work today for the holiday, and finished up my training, and all 300 minutes of energy. I am up all night since I usually come in from work close to 1am, and use up the last of my energy close to 3am daily reset. Now, tonight at 1:45, I figured I would have  1 hour 15 minutes until new day, and cashed in an achievement for 13 training sessions. I used one naturally, then used 8 batteries to instantly do 4 more of them, so now I have 9 training sessions left and the game told me it is out of date, maintenance?? Now I'm going to either WASTE them because I didn't expect maintenance SINCE IT'S NOT POSTED ON THE STEAM PAGE, and some will go into my reserve storage THAT I AM FORCED TO PAY DONUTS FOR OVER SOMETHING THAT IS NOT FAULT, FOR THE 4TH TIME now in 7 months since I started Mid Feb.

#40 chumak

chumak

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 258 posts
  • Team:Donut Muchies
  • World:US3
  • Character:Oleg1

Posted 05 September 2017 - 09:37 AM

Now, tonight at 1:45, I figured I would have  1 hour 15 minutes until new day, and cashed in an achievement for 13 training sessions. I used one naturally, then used 8 batteries to instantly do 4 more of them, so now I have 9 training sessions left and the game told me it is out of date, maintenance??

I play on Steam too for over a year and never had your issues, Rarely ever bothered to read steam game pages :)

Plus, what is the point of cashing in on achievement when the timing is so tight? I am sorry, but this is your own issue, not the devs.

Live and learn. Next time electricity will shut off in your place, you will be writing angry letters to God and your electrical company? :)

• LevelHunter likes this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users