SabiLilli

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 225 posts
  • LocationGermany
  • Team:uk1 Fliplife Avengers
  • World:US1
  • Character:SabiLilli (uk1) RememberMe (us1)

Posted 01 August 2017 - 07:59 AM

To inform you: the game-update initially planned for this morning is delayed. It may come in hours or one or two days.
  • Astral likes this
(devil) Hang loose (devil)

#2 LevelHunter

LevelHunter

The answer to life, the universe and everything

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 339 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 01 August 2017 - 02:37 PM

About today's update: unfortunately Apple did not approve yet our changelog, that is the reason why the update is a bit delayed. Right now we do not have a date for the release - but it should be short period.
Posted Image

#3 LevelHunter

LevelHunter

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 339 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 01 August 2017 - 08:33 PM

The update will take place tomorrow morning (CEST).
Posted Image

#4 Silverwing

Silverwing

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 295 posts
  • Character:Icey

Posted 02 August 2017 - 02:49 AM

Seriously.....  again, short notice in game.  Please don't tell me that you posted it here and that should be enough.  Not all of us read the forums daily to see what is going on.  And again very little notice.  

If the administrators can send out a mass email to every player to tell us about buying donuts and earning donuts, why can not they not do it for an "UNSCHEDULED MAINTENANCE" instead of making us waste training and energy.  Or is it because you only send out emails to force players to spend money on this game...... 

Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience

~~Mark Twain~~

I was only born blonde in looks, not in intelligence level, so don't treat me like I am stupid....  don't be a moron!

#5 SabiLilli

SabiLilli

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 225 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 02 August 2017 - 05:53 AM

We informed here, because it is an unusual day for the update. You got the normal heads-up in game today for an update. 

If you want to suggest another way of announcement, please write into topic Opinions + Suggestions: http://forum.us.hero...ns-suggestions/

#6 Silverwing

Silverwing

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 295 posts

Posted 02 August 2017 - 06:01 AM

And then the server shuts down at 22:58 not at 23:00....  wow..... getting worse every day.

• centella likes this

Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience

~~Mark Twain~~

I was only born blonde in looks, not in intelligence level, so don't treat me like I am stupid....  don't be a moron!

#7 Silverwing

Silverwing

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 295 posts

Posted 02 August 2017 - 06:07 AM

We informed here, because it is an unusual day for the update. You got the normal heads-up in game today for an update. 

If you want to suggest another way of announcement, please write into topic Opinions + Suggestions: http://forum.us.hero...ns-suggestions/

I did that on July 12, 2017.   You will find it labelled "Maintenance".  It appears to me that opinions don't count.  We got the heads up 3 hours before the shutdown.  Yet it was posted here close to 24 hours earlier.  NOT EVERYONE READS THE FORUM.  Why couldn't the "normal head-up in-game come earlier since it was the "unusual day" to let people know. 

Players know that maintenance is on Monday night/Tuesday morning.  I plan my Monday playing accordingly.  Everyone knows there is "usually no maintenance nor a villain on Tuesdays".  I plan my Tuesdays accordingly as I am sure others do.

Edited by Silverwing, 02 August 2017 - 06:11 AM.

~~Mark Twain~~

#8 Astral

Astral

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 567 posts
  • LocationCanada
  • World:US4
  • Character:Astral

Posted 02 August 2017 - 06:34 AM

And then the server shuts down at 22:58 not at 23:00....  wow..... getting worse every day.

You want a refund of the 1 training unit you probably lost for that ? 2 minutes earlier... Why is that a big deal atm ? 

I dont think it was 2 minutes earlier btw. I dont remember it being at least. Servers closed at 23:00 exactly maybe your clock isnt working too well. I know my pc clock is always a bit behind from the HZ clock. 

Edited by EzrealStorm, 02 August 2017 - 06:43 AM.

• Lacatus and LevelHunter like this

(lol)~Astral is amazing~ (lol)

(inlove) (heart) (inlove)

(smug) ~ Taylor's Biggest Fan ~ (smug)

#9 Astral

Astral

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 567 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 02 August 2017 - 06:38 AM

I did that on July 12, 2017.   You will find it labelled "Maintenance".  It appears to me that opinions don't count.  We got the heads up 3 hours before the shutdown.  Yet it was posted here close to 24 hours earlier.  NOT EVERYONE READS THE FORUM.  Why couldn't the "normal head-up in-game come earlier since it was the "unusual day" to let people know. 

Players know that maintenance is on Monday night/Tuesday morning.  I plan my Monday playing accordingly.  Everyone knows there is "usually no maintenance nor a villain on Tuesdays".  I plan my Tuesdays accordingly as I am sure others do.

The notice was given out like usual but the update was delayed because of the reasons LH and Lilli wrote up there. Not everything can go on plan always. It happens always 1 hour before the reset so that you dont lose too much and so that it starts at 12 am aka after the reset is done again. I dont know why you are making this a big deal. Stuff happens lol 

#10 SabiLilli

SabiLilli

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 225 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 02 August 2017 - 07:05 AM

It's always a win, if you look at forum here  ;)

They tried to react to players complaints and suggestions as fast as possible. And Apple didn't approve the change of app in time, better to do update with one day delay than one week.

• Astral likes this

#11 Astral

Astral

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 567 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 02 August 2017 - 10:29 AM

I've also seen updates happening at 23:02, you wanna complain about those too ?  (lol)

#12 Silverwing

Silverwing

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 295 posts

Posted 02 August 2017 - 02:00 PM

You post in game 3 hours before the update, yet you know 12 hours before that you will be doing it.  Why can you not put that in-game post earlier to advise people of that then.   If you can send an mass email to all players about "earn free donuts" why can't you do that for an update.  The 2 minutes is not the issue, but the time was correct, I checked the HZ time, not my PC time, the issue is that twice now, July 12 and yesterday, you changed the maintenance dates, put them on an odd day and gave very short notice.  I lost 2 refills the last time and 1 refill this time along with 10 training.  Okay, that is me.  But there are other players besides me.   Is there any reason why you can't give more notice to players.  This is not something that "just came up" "emergency maintenance required immediately".    I don't think as a player I am asking for something that is impossible.  

~~Mark Twain~~

#13 Astral

Astral

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 567 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 02 August 2017 - 09:51 PM

3 hours is enough for me to finish ALL my energy and almost all my training units. Within that 3 hour notice is more than enough time to finish EVERYTHING especially if you did a little bit of training BEFORE 23:00. Which I dont think you wait till then to finish it. 

#14 FaithfulAizen

FaithfulAizen

Advanced Member

• Moderators
  • 1,444 posts
  • LocationMissouri
  • Team:Geek Force
  • World:US2
  • Character:FaithfulAizen

Posted 03 August 2017 - 01:49 AM

Chill silver let Level and Sabi do their job...the game wont always work the way you want it to....But watch as I get mad later and someone will tell me to chill....its how life works  (smug)

Edited by FaithfulAizen, 03 August 2017 - 01:52 AM.

Aizen is the best

(inlove) (inlove) (inlove) (inlove) (inlove) (inlove) (inlove)

(smug) brb gotta do dishes (smug)

#15 Silverwing

Silverwing

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 295 posts

Posted 03 August 2017 - 02:27 AM

3 hours is enough for me to finish ALL my energy and almost all my training units. Within that 3 hour notice is more than enough time to finish EVERYTHING especially if you did a little bit of training BEFORE 23:00. Which I dont think you wait till then to finish it. 

300 energy per day is 5 hours of energy.  Not every team has the 20% booster and if you have trophies it is longer.  So glad to hear you can complete that in 3 hours of time.  Looks good on you Ezrael.

~~Mark Twain~~

#16 Astral

Astral

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 567 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 03 August 2017 - 06:04 AM

Well It's enough notice for most of us. Maybe like Lilli said next time you should read the forums too. I always open up the game and the forums daily to check if there's been any announcments :) You should try it too. 

#17 centella

centella

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 717 posts
  • LocationCalifornia
  • Team:Universal Savers
  • Character:Centella

Posted 03 August 2017 - 06:39 AM

there are some issues for some people that contributed to this dilemma

1. because of apple situations, it was not done expected  Monday night.

2. the official notice was done with only 3 hours to prepare ( might had been better to have done it August 2nd with over 24 hours notice )

3. HZ did not take into consideration that people would not get back to computer until the last hours of the day and find at that time there was not that extra 1 hour that would have allowed them to do all the training ( short of forced to use donuts )

4. many people concentrate on just the flash portion as that fits EXACTLY the room of the monitor as they navigate around the web; they might be checking news, or youtube videos or other games in another tab and thus the pop in and out of the herozero game tab and forget to check above the flash and see if an update is scheduled, thus it would help to ALSO get a message saying update is coming, same way we get every month the messages to get free donuts

5. Most people do not come to the forum, only a minor percentage visit and even smaller percentage post regularly, maybe have those signing in daily to forum get each day 2 skill points, or 2 donuts or 10 energy or  free missiles ( varies day by day ) for  only one of their 3 accounts ( each email address account at US forum has potential to have 1 to 3 heroes depending if they use just 1 server or all 3  and can't be used by people with different emails of record ) and that encourages more people to be at forum daily

6. misstep of communication, as here in the forum they unintentionally might have misguided some people when they said that update will be done tomorrow morning when "officially" in US servers we use pacific time, and update was done same day on the night at 11 PM pacific, NOT early Wednesday morning, we need to be careful about time zones and how it changes perceptions

• Silverwing likes this

--------------------------------------------------------

A noble man aspires to be better today than yesterday, a mean man is never happy unless he is better than anyone else.

Bring back Honor Tournament with these changes http://forum.us.hero...nor-tournament/

#18 LevelHunter

LevelHunter

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 339 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 03 August 2017 - 11:46 AM

6. misstep of communication, as here in the forum they unintentionally might have misguided some people when they said that update will be done tomorrow morning when "officially" in US servers we use pacific time, and update was done same day on the night at 11 PM pacific, NOT early Wednesday morning, we need to be careful about time zones and how it changes perceptions

That's why we wrote CEST. So it was very clear that we were talking about Europe.
Posted Image

#19 Jagan

Jagan

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 277 posts
  • LocationOn the other side of imagination
  • Team:Dark Mayhem
  • Character:Jagan

Posted 03 August 2017 - 01:30 PM

People would probably come to the forum if the moderators were more friendly and less accusatory. BTW,  most Americans have no idea what CEST is. Is that the same as Zulu time? I have no idea what CEST is. 

• leapinglizard and Silverwing like this
“What would your good be doing if there were no evil, and what would the earth look like if shadows disappeared from it? After all, shadows are cast by objects and people. There is the shadow of my sword. But there are also shadows of trees and living creatures. Would you like to denude the earth of all the trees and all the living beings in order to satisfy your fantasy of rejoicing in the naked light?”

― Mikhail Bulgakov, The Master and Margarita

#20 leapinglizard

leapinglizard

Bested the bandit

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 309 posts
  • Team:Dark mayhem
  • Character:leapinglizard

Posted 03 August 2017 - 02:01 PM

Never heard of cest? There's absolutely no reason not to mass mail about the update.
  • PhoenixGold and Silverwing like this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users