21 replies to this topic

#1 piturcajr

piturcajr

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 48 posts

Posted 18 April 2017 - 03:46 PM

this is stupid! it suppose to attack someones hideout to steal resources so why to see it...why to see all how i am playing???..why to let my strategy seen by all? is like you would let all see advisors chat from other team..is a violation of privacy!!
  • PhoenixGold, Lacatus, leapinglizard and 1 other like this

#2 centella

centella

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 717 posts
  • LocationCalifornia
  • Team:Universal Savers
  • World:US1
  • Character:Centella

Posted 18 April 2017 - 03:52 PM

I do not like it either

BUT technically

it is the same as looking at your duel foe before dueling, and knowing what he is wearing and what pets he has

or able to see 5 minutes before team fight who is online on the other team, who is still undressed and who has 50% booster and who is not

but I thought computer already did enough by saying "you have a great chance of winning"  according to how many attackbots you sending

I prefer that to be taken out, and memory used for something else

--------------------------------------------------------

A noble man aspires to be better today than yesterday, a mean man is never happy unless he is better than anyone else.

Bring back Honor Tournament with these changes http://forum.us.hero...nor-tournament/

#3 piturcajr

piturcajr

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 48 posts

Posted 18 April 2017 - 04:00 PM

is not same..it shown what defence the opponent have..but its not fair all to see how i am playing and copy me
  • PhoenixGold and Lacatus like this

#4 nida

nida

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 65 posts
  • World:US3

Posted 18 April 2017 - 08:28 PM

i don't see any privacy here and talk about strategy it's nothing..there is no secret in hideout..everyone can know easily how to have a good hideout if they study or ask people..and you think computer will suggest you to every player?and if people know your hideout 'strat' do you think they can hit you?nope..lastly what makes you think people want to copy your hideout?there are a lot of good players with good hideout out there..:)

• centella likes this

#5 FaithfulAizen

FaithfulAizen

Advanced Member

• Moderators
  • 1,453 posts
  • LocationMissouri
  • Team:Geek Force
  • World:US2
  • Character:FaithfulAizen

Posted 18 April 2017 - 10:04 PM

I dont mind if anyone copies my hideout lol I have it set to how I want it

Aizen is the best

(inlove) (inlove) (inlove) (inlove) (inlove) (inlove) (inlove)

(smug) brb gotta do dishes (smug)

#6 YouWontRemember

YouWontRemember

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 22 posts
  • Character:Computer

Posted 18 April 2017 - 10:16 PM

I'm pretty indifferent. Most of the basic concepts are already talked about in threads about the hideout (e.g. what the generators work on, ways to maximize efficiency, etc.) So maybe you can get a random idea of what works better, but it's nothing they could figure out themselves.

I would probably see an issue if there was anything that could be done that you have to defend against (e.g. a future feature to sabotage a base.) But as of right now? It's kind of a case of "oh, ok, that's there... good I guess."

#7 centella

centella

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 717 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 18 April 2017 - 10:24 PM

for those who attack, they can know, AH!!  he took out the bot factories, so if I can do 1 or 2 attacks to take his built bots to zero, I will have an easy time getting material afterwards

A noble man aspires to be better today than yesterday, a mean man is never happy unless he is better than anyone else.

Bring back Honor Tournament with these changes http://forum.us.hero...nor-tournament/

#8 piturcajr

piturcajr

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 48 posts

Posted 18 April 2017 - 10:26 PM

if it wasnt about strategy all would have same lvl...is privacy cause is named HIDEOUT not FREEVIEW... is MY HIDEOUT...i dont want to share others how i play it..i share only with friends...

#9 piturcajr

piturcajr

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 48 posts

Posted 18 April 2017 - 10:28 PM

Also NIDA...why the others see if i have bots of defence placed on hideout???...again..is called HIDEOUT...

#10 piturcajr

piturcajr

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 48 posts

Posted 18 April 2017 - 10:35 PM

i see people replying..ok..tell me your hideout level...and if is not strategy how come you have lower lvl?..THIS IS A COMPETITION GAME where people fight to be best...yes FaithfulAzen you place how you want not how you see is better (like others found how is better)..and for YouWontRemember yes they will figure out..ok let them figure out not copy mine or others...

#11 YouWontRemember

YouWontRemember

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 22 posts

Posted 18 April 2017 - 10:59 PM

for those who attack, they can know, AH!!  he took out the bot factories, so if I can do 1 or 2 attacks to take his built bots to zero, I will have an easy time getting material afterwards

This is a non-issue unless you can target specific people with attacks or attack/sabotage the base directly (which to be fair, could easily be future upgrades we don't know about.) The random cycling of targets and the inability to just burn 1 bot without the 10 minute penalty ensure that. If anything, it'd be like "ah ha! I can use my bots to weaken so and so and then Centella gets all of the materials for lower cost."

#12 Maky

Maky

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 71 posts
  • Team:The Warriors
  • Character:Maky

Posted 24 April 2017 - 06:55 AM

I agree with piturcajr, if the game is called The hidden hideout of the hero, then it must be a private place where each player can prepare their strategy

But the difficulty of the game is not preparing strategies but in expanding the hideout, which is very difficult since to make new slots you have to wait until more than a month, and in the meanwhile new rooms are added that require more slots .. It is endless and it can take years to finish everything, unless you spend a lot of donuts...

#13 Maky

Maky

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 71 posts

Posted 24 April 2017 - 06:56 AM

I agree with piturcajr, if the game is called The hidden hideout of the hero, then it must be a private place where each player can prepare their strategy

But the difficulty of the game is not preparing strategies but in expanding the hideout, which is very difficult since to make new slots you have to wait until more than a month, and in the meanwhile new rooms are added that require more slots .. It is endless and it can take years to finish everything, unless you spend a lot of donuts...

#14 Maky

Maky

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 71 posts

Posted 24 April 2017 - 07:13 PM

Opss sorry for my duplicate message, I hope some moderator can delete one

#15 Mons

Mons

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 98 posts
  • LocationNorth of Nowhere
  • Team:Flaming Llama
  • Character:Mons

Posted 24 April 2017 - 10:35 PM

Ipersonally don't mind if other people look at my hideout but do understand the issue some players have.  Maybe HX could do something llike FB and have privacy settings for your hideout.  Able to be seen only by you, able to be seen only by your team, able to be seen by anyone ?

Just a suggestion :) 

Always do right.  This will gratify some
people and astonish the rest.
                                         Mark Twain

#16 Jagan

Jagan

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 277 posts
  • LocationOn the other side of imagination
  • Team:Dark Mayhem
  • Character:Jagan

Posted 28 April 2017 - 05:08 AM

Just put the door back on the biffy dammit!  :rolleyes:

“What would your good be doing if there were no evil, and what would the earth look like if shadows disappeared from it? After all, shadows are cast by objects and people. There is the shadow of my sword. But there are also shadows of trees and living creatures. Would you like to denude the earth of all the trees and all the living beings in order to satisfy your fantasy of rejoicing in the naked light?”

― Mikhail Bulgakov, The Master and Margarita

#17 Shinnam

Shinnam

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 19 posts
  • Team:Shakespeare's Revival
  • Character:Shinnam

Posted 08 May 2017 - 06:13 AM

I do not see any strategies regarding the hideout, how to place any rooms is really depending on you. You can copy other players if you want but there is not so much strategy. 

When you decide to attack someone's hideout, you already have the information about its defense level and number of robots and also how many resources you will get.

I guess this option to check someone's Hideout is just to make some other players to realize how poor they (we) are  :D

Or maybe they will create a Spy Room for us to be able to get more information on the other's Hideout?

#18 centella

centella

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 717 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 08 May 2017 - 02:57 PM

if one is an attacker.......................  the "specific" info you get ( instead of "you will easily win" or "you very likely to lose" stuff and how much material you likely to win) without having to fight first would be "level of defense" , "level of the attack bots"  how many def-bots you have, if you have bot storage or re builders of bots

lately some people have been attacking intentionally to lose bots so they can get bonuses for building x number of bots

#19 YouWontRemember

YouWontRemember

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 22 posts

Posted 09 May 2017 - 02:40 AM

It is kind of useful to confirm how certain high level rooms will benefit you - for example you can determine exactly how much a high level glue generator + sticky glue room/zeromite mine can produce. It'll let you then confirm/change what you want to focus on with your own improvements.

#20 PhoenixGold

PhoenixGold

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 153 posts
  • Team:Gate 13
  • Character:PhoenixGold

Posted 30 May 2017 - 09:06 PM

Ok....I think that there is a communication gap.  What Pit is talking about is not just about Attack on each others base.  I believe it is more how it is built that is what he is referring to.  Gaining materials and how fast/cheap you can acquire materials.  Since we can see where everyone ranks right now in the hideout race and who have been there for a while now, you can also see how fast these guys have climbed during the preliminary release of the hideout bases.  I ranked #1 for a while and then I couldn't figure it out. I lost my footing.  There CERTAINLY is a strategy to it with the buildings which ones you use, and where you located your generators. And which ones to upgrade first to help your build go along faster etc.

What you guys are failing to hear/read from Pit, that it what he is talking about.  He's not talking about the attacks themselves.  He is talking about the ability to see the strategy in building up your hideout.  Which I get.  I agree with Pit on this.

The hidden hideout is definitely better.  Even tho I have seen others hideouts I certainly want to copy mine after some of the others on my server now that I have seen their strategy.  Because I understand better how the buildings work now.  But it will be a pain.  I will have to wait till I have some room to maneuver the buildings around.

• leapinglizard likes this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users