• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 44 posts
  • LocationRight Behind You!
  • Team:Valorous Vagrants
  • World:US3
  • Character:Howl

Posted 04 March 2017 - 05:22 PM

I know I'm not the ONLY one who has done this;  you click to enter your hideout and start collecting things and next thing you know its storing a room... half the time I'm like WTH?  

And to make matters worse you cant stop it from doing it AND you lose what you wanted to collect!  REALLY?!?  Talk about frustration!  Why is there no question asking me "if I really want to do that" or a button or something that allows me to cancel the action?

I've done this 3 times by accident and I'm tired of seeing all my hard work go POOF.  Please fix this ASAP!!!!!

• PhoenixGold, Windwalker1971, Maniac and 2 others like this

HowlingWolf3.gif

My Horns are holding my Halo up!!

see-saw.gif

Think about it....:

How many women do you know,

would have the sense of humor to choose "Howl" as their user ID

and wear it in public??

be.gif

#2 Windwalker1971

Windwalker1971

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 51 posts
  • LocationNH
  • Team:Rowdy Rebels
  • World:US8
  • Character:Windwalker

Posted 04 March 2017 - 05:25 PM

I agree this has happened to me a few times and it's REALLY annoying. You either have to waste time or donuts to fix a mistake that could have easily been avoided with a simple "cancel" button. 

#3 leapinglizard

leapinglizard

Bested the bandit

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 309 posts
  • Team:Dark mayhem
  • World:US2
  • Character:leapinglizard

Posted 05 March 2017 - 12:32 AM

Or how about click in the hideout lag, then you instantly finish a room for 45 donuts. Happened to me yesterday. It's awful I'm still considering quitting
  • Howl, PhoenixGold and Windwalker1971 like this

#4 centella

centella

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 717 posts
  • LocationCalifornia
  • Team:Universal Savers
  • World:US1
  • Character:Centella

Posted 05 March 2017 - 05:04 AM

1........................... they need to have one collect the material that was there at that time  ( coins, glue and zeromite ) and that go to storage ( or if storage full, go to the other similar room ) when moving or updating

2..................  they need a confirmation button

3................... I understand when the room take less than an hour, but if rooms takes MORE than 8 hours, when room is finished.......... IT SHOULD be 100% full when timer gets to zero, not start at zero, and you lose all that time where coins or material could have been made

4..................... I still think the weeks ( and even 1 month to open the last slot ) wait are too MUCH!!!!!  they should have a max of 5 days

• Howl and Neovespertina like this

--------------------------------------------------------

A noble man aspires to be better today than yesterday, a mean man is never happy unless he is better than anyone else.

Bring back Honor Tournament with these changes http://forum.us.hero...nor-tournament/

#5 RoderickG

RoderickG

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 75 posts
  • Team:Deities of Divine Destiny
  • Character:RoderickG

Posted 05 March 2017 - 07:13 AM

When the Hideout was first introduced there were certainly problems with the controls for the rooms, but I don't see this as being a big problem anymore. Are you complaining about something that happened a while ago? 'Cause they implemented a confirmation step on the packing, upgrade, and instant finish quite a while ago. If you've actually managed to 'accidentally' pack a room 3 times recently then I think the problem is your lack of attention rather than a fault in the game design.

i would actually be more interested in a separate button to 'Collect All', so that I could harvest all the rooms with one click.

#6 centella

centella

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 717 posts
  • LocationCalifornia
  • Team:Universal Savers
  • Character:Centella

Posted 05 March 2017 - 07:35 AM

roderick, the issue for them is the "speed" as sometimes the computer lags

so they get impatient, click many times in the row, and when finally game server gets back, everything comes in a blur and those "extra clicks" get registered and they end up making you do an action not weanted

maybe a "remorse option"?

but one has only 10 seconds to do it after it begins ( after that, live with it ) and costs you 2 donuts to do it ( but maybe worth it, as it allows you to get back the material and coins used for the action by mistake)

• Windwalker1971 likes this

A noble man aspires to be better today than yesterday, a mean man is never happy unless he is better than anyone else.

Bring back Honor Tournament with these changes http://forum.us.hero...nor-tournament/

#7 Howl

Howl

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 44 posts

Posted 05 March 2017 - 09:48 AM

When the Hideout was first introduced there were certainly problems with the controls for the rooms, but I don't see this as being a big problem anymore. Are you complaining about something that happened a while ago? 'Cause they implemented a confirmation step on the packing, upgrade, and instant finish quite a while ago. If you've actually managed to 'accidentally' pack a room 3 times recently then I think the problem is your lack of attention rather than a fault in the game design.

i would actually be more interested in a separate button to 'Collect All', so that I could harvest all the rooms with one click.

I have never been asked for a confirmation for anything I've clicked in hideout while on the computer.

Or how about click in the hideout lag, then you instantly finish a room for 45 donuts. Happened to me yesterday. It's awful I'm still considering quitting

I also did this earlier on and almost had a heart attack when I realized what happened!

roderick, the issue for them is the "speed" as sometimes the computer lags

so they get impatient, click many times in the row, and when finally game server gets back, everything comes in a blur and those "extra clicks" get registered and they end up making you do an action not weanted

maybe a "remorse option"?

but one has only 10 seconds to do it after it begins ( after that, live with it ) and costs you 2 donuts to do it ( but maybe worth it, as it allows you to get back the material and coins used for the action by mistake)

Nor have I got impatient and clicked multiple times.   It just seems to select it randomly because I am VERY careful where I stick my mouse pointer and it still selects the storage room.

• leapinglizard likes this

HowlingWolf3.gif

see-saw.gif

Think about it....:

and wear it in public??

be.gif

#8 leapinglizard

leapinglizard

Bested the bandit

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 309 posts
  • Team:Dark mayhem
  • Character:leapinglizard

Posted 05 March 2017 - 01:56 PM

I don't own a computer, so I only play on the phone. The screen is really small so it's not impatience it's I don't know if I even clicked the button at all. The game is sitting there, and not doing anything. I wait a few seconds and boom it's clicking away. There should be a way to prevent donut spending by mistake. I play other games where the purchased resource (here donuts elsewhere gold, diamonds etc). Where you have to go under your profile and check a box to allow them to be spent. After each use the box automatically unchecks itself. That is awesome and shows that the company cares about its players where as I play another game with no confirmation easy to accidentally spend them. Every company that has this setup has confirmed that it's intentionally done to have players mistakenly spend so they have to buy more,they care more about the money than the players and those games are no longer thriving like they were.
  • Howl, PhoenixGold, Windwalker1971 and 2 others like this

#9 Howl

Howl

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 44 posts

Posted 05 March 2017 - 05:09 PM

I Just thought I'd add on to my original post.  I have certain disabilities but the major one I have are muscle spasms.  I get them everywhere all the time.  They are uncontrollable and I never know when one will hit.  The worst part of this is that I get them in my fingers constantly.  I often tell people that its a good thing the internet always asks are you sure you want to do/buy that b/c otherwise I would own a lot of weird stuff.

So I come on here to post an issue with the game and then someone comes on and says the problem is on my end.....   ummm no.  Yes I have a problem BUT all websites should be aware of these kinds of problems and they should work with the populace to make sure "accidents" don't happen. 

• PhoenixGold, Windwalker1971, leapinglizard and 2 others like this

HowlingWolf3.gif

see-saw.gif

Think about it....:

and wear it in public??

be.gif

#10 RoderickG

RoderickG

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 75 posts
  • Team:Deities of Divine Destiny
  • Character:RoderickG

Posted 05 March 2017 - 07:26 PM

Okay, now I'm playing directly on the HZ site using a PC, so I can see where playing on mobile may make it harder, but this is how it works for me:

I'm currently upgrading my hideout base room. If I accidentally click on the 'instant finish' arrows as seen here

then another window opens in another part of the screen like this

Notice that the confirmation button showing the donut cost is nowhere near the part of the screen I had to click on to open this window. There is really no way I can 'accidentally' spend donuts on the instant finish option. The packing function works the same way; opening a separate window with another button that I have to click to confirm.

So if screen size (or muscle spasms) are causing you difficulties, you might consider playing on PC direct instead

Edited by RoderickG, 05 March 2017 - 07:38 PM.

#11 Howl

Howl

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 44 posts

Posted 06 March 2017 - 03:36 AM

Okay, now I'm playing directly on the HZ site using a PC, so I can see where playing on mobile may make it harder, but this is how it works for me:

I'm currently upgrading my hideout base room. If I accidentally click on the 'instant finish' arrows as seen here

then another window opens in another part of the screen like this

Notice that the confirmation button showing the donut cost is nowhere near the part of the screen I had to click on to open this window. There is really no way I can 'accidentally' spend donuts on the instant finish option. The packing function works the same way; opening a separate window with another button that I have to click to confirm.

So if screen size (or muscle spasms) are causing you difficulties, you might consider playing on PC direct instead

When I clicked on the donuts i was on my cell as well.  IF it lags and the phone doesn't respond, its often b/c it doesn't recognize a tap.  Many games on cell have these issues but always if you do a double tap and it has recognized both then it ALWAYS asks if you really want to do that.  I no longer play HZ on my cell because of that.

HowlingWolf3.gif

see-saw.gif

Think about it....:

and wear it in public??

be.gif

#12 Howl

Howl

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 44 posts

Posted 06 March 2017 - 11:16 AM

Also I do play on PC and I think that if I click that there should still be a question asking if I really want to do it.  You seem to be missing the point of my problems.  You don't have these problems and I get the feeling that you are unsympathetic to my needs... as is the game admin.  However I posted this not just for myself, other players,  HEALTHY players are having these problems too!

​You seem to think that by separating me out we are discussing something that is ONLY a problem for me,  I assure you that while I am on here posting about it there are many upset players leaving the game over this.  Even LeapingLizard a dedicated player to this game only mentioned AFTER I made this thread how upset he was.

How many people aren't even posting here because they don't want to come under ridicule for being unable to play the game (properly)  without problems.

I made this thread because this issue needs to be addressed!! 

Don't get me wrong either I love the new hideout and the addition of it to the game it just has one very major Flaw!

• PhoenixGold, nebuna and Neovespertina like this

HowlingWolf3.gif

see-saw.gif

Think about it....:

and wear it in public??

be.gif

#13 Decimoo

Decimoo

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
  • Character:Decimoo

Posted 10 March 2017 - 04:52 PM

Please allow us to cancel construction in hideouts, its so frustrating. You know there are times when we accidentally push something, its normal, so please next update add a cancellation button. Really frustrating when you have to wait for another 17days because you accidentally hit something

• PhoenixGold, leapinglizard, centella and 1 other like this

#14 Silverwing

Silverwing

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 295 posts
  • Character:Icey

Posted 13 March 2017 - 02:05 AM

I have many times on both PC and phone clicked the PLUS sign in the middle and the store has come up.  I have also clicked on "extend booster" on the team booster ONCE and in the team chat it shows bought and extended.  Double purchase and I have only clicked ONCE.  This is not just an issue for one person, but for many.  So many times the app has now done stuff without me even touching the buttons on the phone.  I totally understand where Howl is coming from.  Why can't there be a CANCEL button besides the stupid instantly finish for a zillion donuts. 

• piturcajr and Neovespertina like this

Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience

~~Mark Twain~~

I was only born blonde in looks, not in intelligence level, so don't treat me like I am stupid....  don't be a moron!

#15 PhoenixGold

PhoenixGold

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 153 posts
  • Team:Gate 13
  • Character:PhoenixGold

Posted 28 October 2017 - 06:47 AM

I am not quite sure if anyone else noticed, but the cancellation button seems to have been implemented! Not sure when they implemented it, I can't seem to find it in any of the patch notes for the past two months. But Yayyyy. I had to use it today. Thank you!

-PG

#16 nebuna

nebuna

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 39 posts
  • Team:DARK MAYHEM

Posted 28 October 2017 - 11:18 AM

I can't find that button. For example i have a room under construction and i want to cancel that operation, i only have the option instantly finish with donuts.

• Neovespertina likes this

#17 PhoenixGold

PhoenixGold

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 153 posts
  • Team:Gate 13
  • Character:PhoenixGold

Posted 28 October 2017 - 01:47 PM

Ok, I think I figured out what it is. I cancelled the storeing of my building. Because I accidentally hit the store building button on my Android mobile version of the app.
That is when it gave me the.option to cancel the storing of the building. So sorry guys...I guess the cancellation button is only for cancelling the storeing of rooms right now. Sorry Nebuna.

At least it is a step in the right direction.

-PG

Edited by PhoenixGold, 28 October 2017 - 01:56 PM.

• nebuna likes this

#18 Dwerp

Dwerp

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 127 posts
  • LocationAlabama
  • Team:Suicidal Tendencies
  • Character:Dwerp

Posted 28 October 2017 - 02:38 PM

The instant spending of donuts happens more than just on hideouts though. I have accidently done it on league/duel screens on refresh or fights because the game lagged and I double clicked and just happened to be on the right spot for that second click to fight for 4 donuts or refresh for 2, or instantly finish a quest etc.

When the option to spend donuts (no matter what screen it is on) is requested, there should be a secondary screen that pops up. A simple "are you sure?" Yes/No 

This should be a very simple implementation that would quench a lot of unrest among players this has happened too.

• PhoenixGold, centella, chumak and 1 other like this

oldaup9f23a.png

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Hideout

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users