• Please log in to reply
25 replies to this topic

#1 Mystik

Mystik

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 14 posts

Posted 24 January 2017 - 08:38 AM

I really hate to say this because I know how hard you all have worked on this new stuff, but I hate the new design and dislike the hideout feature.  The interface for the hideout is awful.  It's difficult to even make out the rooms.  I like that there's another way to get gold, but that's about it.  The rest seems like different packaging for what we already have.  Again, I hate to say all this, but I have to voice my opinion. 

• Lacatus and lulean like this

#2 FaithfulAizen

FaithfulAizen

Advanced Member

• Moderators
  • 1,453 posts
  • LocationMissouri
  • Team:Geek Force
  • World:US2
  • Character:FaithfulAizen

Posted 24 January 2017 - 09:20 AM

I agree with you! What am I suppose to do when I'm away for a long time now?

Edited by FaithfulAizen, 24 January 2017 - 09:21 AM.

Aizen is the best

(inlove) (inlove) (inlove) (inlove) (inlove) (inlove) (inlove)

(smug) brb gotta do dishes (smug)

#3 Viv

Viv

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts
  • Team:Double Zero
  • World:US3
  • Character:Viv

Posted 24 January 2017 - 11:16 AM

It's not working on the phone as yet, even though it tells me to install the new app... there isn't one. I uninstalled and installed again, still no Hideout and work is greyed out

#4 Olgiouzzz

Olgiouzzz

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 28 posts
  • LocationGreece
  • Team:Hellenes
  • Character:Olgiouzzz

Posted 24 January 2017 - 01:14 PM

I have to agree. Sorry guys, I know you have worked hard to make this happen, but.... just nope. I really don't like the design... :X 

Edited by Olgiouzzz, 24 January 2017 - 01:14 PM.

#5 Lucci

Lucci

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 43 posts
  • Team:Sugar Rush
  • Character:Lucci

Posted 24 January 2017 - 03:15 PM

Yea, unfortunately i have to agree, the old desing was better

#6 Mystik

Mystik

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 14 posts

Posted 24 January 2017 - 04:15 PM

Yes, I didn't mention that.  The Android (and iPhone, I hear) app detects that it needs to update, but there is no update available in the Play Store.

Edited by Mystik, 24 January 2017 - 04:15 PM.

#7 LevelHunter

LevelHunter

The answer to life, the universe and everything

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 339 posts
  • LocationGermany
  • World:US1

Posted 24 January 2017 - 04:29 PM

The new mobile version is available now.

Yours,

LH

Posted Image

#8 Mystik

Mystik

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 14 posts

Posted 24 January 2017 - 05:34 PM

Well, I got the app update, but it's really not going well.  it is forced into landscape mode, which is very uncomfortable to use.  The interface is so much worse for mobile than the old one.  

Also, when you bring up dialogs in the app, such as Hero Air (and probably all others), there's no way to get out of them other than actually executing something.  That is, there's no close button and the back button does not work.  EDIT:  Scratch this one.  It looks like you made an update which fixed it, at least for Hero Air.  There's now the close button.  

When you get the "Sorry, something went wrong.  Please refresh the page", there is no way to refresh the page.  All you can do is completely close the app and reopen, which takes a lot of time.  This is happening regularly. 

What does the notepad icon mean in locations of Hero Air?  I thought it was a Deed like on the web version, but if it is, the numbers don't make sense.  It shows 205/56.  Maybe the numbers are backwards?  If it is a Deed, is there any way to see what the Deed yields?  This was possible in the old version.  

I'm sorry to say, but this release is a real mess.  You need better testers. :/  

Edited by Mystik, 24 January 2017 - 05:42 PM.

• lulean likes this

#9 npe

npe

Staff member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 105 posts

Posted 24 January 2017 - 05:45 PM

I agree with you! What am I suppose to do when I'm away for a long time now?

It seems the devs where thinking more of how to make us more active by making us stick around to keep our hideout upgrading and collecting resources , rather than how to still be able to earn when your away.

#10 Mystik

Mystik

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 14 posts

Posted 24 January 2017 - 05:48 PM

In all fairness, I will say this.  Whatever was done shortly after I made the above reply did seem to help.  It's running better now, and seems to work better.  Everything seems to be in place as intended, as far as I have seen now.  It's still very awkward to use in landscape mode, though.  

• LevelHunter likes this

#11 npe

npe

Staff member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 105 posts

Posted 24 January 2017 - 05:53 PM

Chatting in landscape mode will be very difficult , usually in team and chatting you would get an onscreen keyboard and still seen the chat as you type , however in landscape mode android does a separate screen over-lay which blocks the whole app and just lets you type inside, meaning it covers the chat, so you can exactly keep up with chat live.

• lulean likes this

#12 Angel612

Angel612

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 24 January 2017 - 05:54 PM

I loved the old version. I play on Samsung phone and the update forced the game into landscape which makes it harder to read anything! I understand you may want the computer graphics and the phone graphics to be the same but it's not working. Also I can't put missiles into the overflow spots that I paid to open, either I use the the original missile spot or I have to get on the computer which is not always convenient. That is why I play on the phone. There are some issues that still need to be addressed. As far as I'm concerned you fixed a problem that wasn't broken and made it unfair to those who cannot afford to purchase donuts more so now then ever before!

#13 npe

npe

Staff member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 105 posts

Posted 24 January 2017 - 05:58 PM

I have played this game for 3 years + , most of which has been played through my phone, and I am all for making sure the phone app has all the exact same features as the browser version, but turning the mobile app into the full version is not the way to do it .

#14 RoderickG

RoderickG

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 75 posts
  • Team:Deities of Divine Destiny
  • Character:RoderickG

Posted 24 January 2017 - 06:00 PM

Love the new design and the Hideout feature!  However, I seem to be earning A LOT of vouchers now (Super Glue especially), so it would be nice if you were to create a separate tab for Vouchers in the message area so they didn't get mixed in with regular messages from other players

• King of Thieves, npe and LevelHunter like this

#15 RebelOConner

RebelOConner

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts
  • Team:The Donut Bakers
  • Character:RebelOConner

Posted 24 January 2017 - 06:59 PM

i don't dislike the new ddesign, but i don't know if it's only me, but i can't see the whole page, becaue the game is zoomed.

0357670cb13a414cb163c36c8cf7f97c.png

it makes playing very unconfortable. (note: i'm on kongregate )

• FaithfulAizen likes this

#16 npe

npe

Staff member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 105 posts

Posted 24 January 2017 - 07:03 PM

i don't dislike the new ddesign, but i don't know if it's only me, but i can't see the whole page, becaue the game is zoomed.

From a post on another thread "Depending on which browser you are using, lower the "View" setting by a few percent and you'll get the whole image.  The fonts and everything will be smaller but you'll have access to all functions"

#17 RoderickG

RoderickG

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 75 posts
  • Team:Deities of Divine Destiny
  • Character:RoderickG

Posted 24 January 2017 - 07:42 PM

Unless you are, for some reason, determined to play through Kongregate, I'd suggest unbinding your account from them and playing directly through Hero Zero. Go to the little gear symbol on the bottom right of the HZ screen, then go to Account, then find the button that says 'Unbind'. Once you successfully unbind you'll be playing the game without sharing the screen with the Kong interface

#18 Vigilance

Vigilance

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 18 posts
  • Character:Vigilance

Posted 24 January 2017 - 08:55 PM

Please implement a cancel button if you accidentally hit store room, my browser was freezing up when it happened. One has to wait for it to finish storing, and then build it back. 

• Doof and RoderickG like this

#19 LevelHunter

LevelHunter

The answer to life, the universe and everything

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 339 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 24 January 2017 - 09:21 PM

We know that there are some problems with Kongregate.

Please be patient!

Yours,

LH

Posted Image

#20 iMocZ

iMocZ

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 24 January 2017 - 09:34 PM

Hello,

Please PRESS '' CTRL - '' To less zoom on your screen or '' CTRL +'' To more zoom

Greetings

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users