• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 44 posts
  • Team:Paragon
  • World:US1
  • Character:Dcasso

Posted 12 April 2013 - 01:24 PM

Hi Ricardo

Could you please explain in a little more details, what has been changed. Since we will be allowed one reset and we don't know the consequences of the change, we have a high probability of making a poor change in our skills.

Therefore please either explain what the changes are or do thinkg about giving out two skill reajustments.

Regards,

Dcasso

#2 mogiks

mogiks

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 99 posts

Posted 12 April 2013 - 11:50 PM

I have spoken to my team members and we are also concerned about this. If the changes are not properly explained, we will not know how to make the best change to our skills. And even so, I think any explanation of the changes will seem very abstract for most players and they will not understand the changes even after observing lots of duels with the new system.

How exactly will the skill readjustment work? What stat points will we be able to reallocate? Those we have bought, those we have got through training, etc.? I am a little concerned that players with high stats will have to do a lot of clicking. (I have an arm injury so that may cause me some pain.) Can we also do the skill readjustment whenever we want, or will we be forced to do it straight away? If we are made to do the skill readjustment right after the update, nobody will understand how to allocate their skill points properly after the changes, and there will be lots of angry players. I hope you will at least send a mail to everyone on the server to tell them of the changes because very few people check the forum.

All in all, I think this is a lot of hassle to resolve complaints about a "problem" almost nobody on this server cared about or even noticed. I understand that some German players had complaints about it which is why you're making the changes, but I felt that the way brain and intuition work was already as expected and any weaknesses they have was a part of tactics you must take into account when making your build.

#3 lulz

lulz

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 16 April 2013 - 07:23 AM

I have redistributed the skills in a manner I thought would suit me.

If previously my tactic was investing everything in brains and nothing in intuition, then,after the patch it looked like the right way to go would be balanced or max intuition build.

Guess what I did - yes - went for max intuition build and everything went for the worst and I now do not stand a chance of advancing.

Therefore would it be possible to have a sencond skillpoint redistribution, so I can stay in the game? Because at this point it seems quite logical to just leave it.

#4 UDareUTake

UDareUTake

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 60 posts
  • Team:Dark Wing
  • Character:UDareUTake

Posted 16 April 2013 - 08:00 AM

I have redistributed the skills in a manner I thought would suit me.

If previously my tactic was investing everything in brains and nothing in intuition, then,after the patch it looked like the right way to go would be balanced or max intuition build.

Guess what I did - yes - went for max intuition build and everything went for the worst and I now do not stand a chance of advancing.

Therefore would it be possible to have a sencond skillpoint redistribution, so I can stay in the game? Because at this point it seems quite logical to just leave it.

Why would you have the impression that the way to go would be max intuition?

Cap for critical is at 99.99% while dodge is cap at 60%,

I just took a look at your character, if they dont give a 2nd chance =/ u will pretty much be screwed

#5 dcasso

dcasso

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 44 posts

Posted 16 April 2013 - 08:22 AM

I still don't get why they needed to make this change. Really was yet another poor decision made by Playata :(

#6 lulz

lulz

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 16 April 2013 - 08:37 AM

Why would you have the impression that the way to go would be max intuition?

Cap for critical is at 99.99% while dodge is cap at 60%,

I just took a look at your character, if they dont give a 2nd chance =/ u will pretty much be screwed

Well exactly my point.

At that time I did not knew that crit cap is 99.99%, so I respeced.

Part of the bad decision is that there was absolutley no explanation about the changes which has lead me to screwing up my spec big time and there is no turning back now other than another respec which would be honest because of no previous information about the new system.

Lets hope devs do one thing right and give us at least some chances to test out various specs before making the final decision.

I think it would be only honest.

#7 dcasso

dcasso

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 44 posts

Posted 16 April 2013 - 08:41 AM

Or the should start adding features instead of screwing existing features up. We have played for months and knows excatly how the fundamentals works, and then you change them without ANY information.

When will you start to LISTEN and INFORM players of the changes to come. And actually ADD elements that have been requested for months, and use some of the intelligent ideas and designs which are given to you by the fanbase.

#8 hinnajoseph

hinnajoseph

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
  • LocationU.S.
  • Team:Tortuga
  • Character:jovious

Posted 16 April 2013 - 12:12 PM

Please help. I need to redistribute my skills a second time.

#9 mogiks

mogiks

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 99 posts

Posted 16 April 2013 - 01:24 PM

As expected, the skill changes haven't gone very smoothly. Due to lack of communication from Playata (being very vague about what the changes were), players were not able to make informed choices about changing their stats. Furthermore you have not sent out a mail to everyone on the server to notify them of the change as I suggested. Many players do not check or even know about this forum so they will not know things have changed. They may log on and think the redistribute button means they can now redistribute their skills whenever they want, so use their free skill redistribution on an experimental build, only to find that is the only redistribution they get. And then they are stuck with a bad experimental build which they never intended to keep.

One free skill redistribution is not very forgiving for those who misunderstand or make mistakes, or more seriously, were not fully informed because Playata/the devs/the mods couldn't be bothered to explain the changes properly.

Hinna and lulz, I suggest you contact support via a support ticket and someone there may be able to let you change your skills one more time.

• dcasso likes this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users