Photo

Tournaments

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
62 replies to this topic

Poll: Tournaments (53 member(s) have cast votes)

Feedback

1. Yes, I the rewards are correct! (35 votes [66.04%])

Percentage of vote: 66.04%

2. No, it is too much donuts! (2 votes [3.77%])

Percentage of vote: 3.77%

3. Some need to be changed, leave a comment. (16 votes [30.19%])

Percentage of vote: 30.19%

Vote

#1 Ricardo

Ricardo

Advanced Member

• Team Hero Zero
  • 34 posts
  • World:US1

Posted 05 April 2013 - 06:28 PM

Hello Heros!

As we have previously announced, we want to adjust the tournament system.

This time, before we introduce the changes we want to hear your opinion on the planned rewards.

547714_521263487915621_819833010_n.png

Please participate in our survey, and leave your feedback!

Thank you!

ENIGMA: "The tutorial is hidden in the bee house."

• eldryen, ANGELOSTHEHERO, incredible9 and 3 others like this

#2 dcasso

dcasso

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 44 posts
  • Team:Paragon
  • Character:Dcasso

Posted 05 April 2013 - 08:51 PM

So what you are saying is that you want 3 categories for newbies (heroic deeds, team honor and team expansion) and one for team DP  (Honor) since the one that control the top of the leaderboard controls honor distribution and last but not least one category for every player to fight in (Experience).

Im sorry to say, but with all those good ideas that were given in the other thread, is this really the best you could come up with :( By lowering the amount of donots on honor and heroic deeds, you are indirectly telling us, that you know they don't work, but you do not wish to change them.

Remove heroic deeds and add duels. Change team honor, if you really want two team  tournaments, have something with most players reporting in for fights all week or a combination of honor and the strength of the matches.

The Honor tournament is broken, since if you hold most of the top 10, you can dump honor on two-three players each week, which was done in the two weeks it existed. But if that is what you really want.........

Regards,

Dcasso

• A T R, AwesomeOH, Doof and 1 other like this

#3 A T R

A T R

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 100 posts
  • LocationOn my cloud.
  • Team:Dark Wing
  • Character:ATR

Posted 05 April 2013 - 09:30 PM

Hello, 

as it is the system you want to implement has ever so slightly ignored some wonderful wonderful suggestions and returned to rather similar model as to the older one ( which did not work) .

This ever so slightly leaves the entire system open to abuse from

the creation of secondary accounts allowing high ranking players to join their standard team and reap in the rewards or as stated above allowing players like myself to simply give honour to others ( through continued use of the counter attacks and deliberately losing).

It does... seem as though the only persons who would gain anything from this are established teams / players looking to work around the system. If that is the intention and is in fact not abusing it I would like to know :)

well wishes,

ATR

S.N. apologies if I seem overly critical.

#4 mogiks

mogiks

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 99 posts

Posted 05 April 2013 - 09:33 PM

After all the feedback you've had on all the forums, you've made these changes... and they barely reflect anyone's complaints :/ I like the changes for the donut rewards, it's more balanced, but there is only one other change - changing levels category to experience. That is an improvement, but ALL the categories were received poorly. Like dcasso says, 3 of the 5 categories are still fundamentally biased to new players; one is good for any teams with high honour reserves, and the experience category will be purely down to how high level you are and if you're willing to do mostly exp missions (soft cap players will still be at a disadvantage to someone in the 200-249 range because they can level up more and get better missions then). I accept that most of the categories will be easier to win for some players than for others. However, because there is a lack of categories, there will still be many players who will not have a fair chance to win any category. We need MORE categories that cater for everyone. There were so many category suggestions, are you not working on implementing any of them?

Edit: The donut rewards seem fine to me except maybe the rewards for the team honour and team expansion categories are too large.

#5 Baka

Baka

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 21 posts
  • LocationBucharest,Romania
  • Team:Dark Þrúðvangr
  • Character:Baka

Posted 05 April 2013 - 09:36 PM

meh...just meh  -_-

Dark Þrúðvangr

157.jpg

#6 A T R

A T R

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 100 posts
  • LocationOn my cloud.

Posted 05 April 2013 - 09:38 PM

I like your pussy

meh...just meh  -_-

#7 AwesomeOH

AwesomeOH

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts
  • LocationNot spying on you... what gave you that idea?
  • Character:AwesomeOH

Posted 06 April 2013 - 05:40 AM

I agree with dcasso. Its not the reward system thats being manipulated, its the tournament itself.

In my opinion, most of the concerns with the tournament can be addressed if;

1) players cannot compete in tournament until a higher level is reached (i.e lvl 25 or 50)... most games have this in place to prevent the creation of second accounts to tilt the scales

2) change the reward type of honor to a "only attianable thru tournament" equipment

...or something like that

• kyung likes this

#8 A T R

A T R

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 100 posts
  • LocationOn my cloud.

Posted 06 April 2013 - 12:27 PM

Newbie, I do not understand 2.  

please elaborate?

#9 UDareUTake

UDareUTake

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 60 posts
  • Character:UDareUTake

Posted 06 April 2013 - 12:50 PM

I dont see much difference in this updated tournament system, my comments will still be the same

http://forum.us.hero...emssuggestions/

#10 AwesomeOH

AwesomeOH

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 07 April 2013 - 03:21 AM

Newbie, I do not understand 2.  

please elaborate?

Instead of a donut reward, I sudgest changing it to equipmet. But instead of the regular equipment, something only attainable by placing in the tournament.

example:

1st place: Super Epic item (only attainable through 1st, 2nd or 3rd placement)*

2nd place: Super Epic item (only attainable through 1st, 2nd or 3rd placement)*

3rd place: Super Epic item (only attainable through 1st, 2nd or 3rd placement)*

4th-10th: Rare Item*

11th-100th: Missile*

*Special items you cannot obtain thru duel/sm/shop/or heroic deeds

I feel it will make it more competative and give insentive for higher level player to not dump honor on newer players. Especially since these items will be highly desireable being they're so rare.

#11 UDareUTake

UDareUTake

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 60 posts

Posted 07 April 2013 - 04:51 AM

Instead of a donut reward, I sudgest changing it to equipmet. But instead of the regular equipment, something only attainable by placing in the tournament.

example:

1st place: Super Epic item (only attainable through 1st, 2nd or 3rd placement)*

2nd place: Super Epic item (only attainable through 1st, 2nd or 3rd placement)*

3rd place: Super Epic item (only attainable through 1st, 2nd or 3rd placement)*

4th-10th: Rare Item*

11th-100th: Missile*

*Special items you cannot obtain thru duel/sm/shop/or heroic deeds

I feel it will make it more competative and give insentive for higher level player to not dump honor on newer players. Especially since these items will be highly desireable being they're so rare.

I believe you are mistaken, high level players are not dumping honor on newer players, high level players are dumping honor on teammates etc, so they could win, and when they are low in honor, they will gain so much honor next week, they are guaranteed to win.

Changing the rewards does not change the fundamental problems

#12 AwesomeOH

AwesomeOH

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 07 April 2013 - 05:34 AM

I believe you are mistaken, high level players are not dumping honor on newer players, high level players are dumping honor on teammates etc, so they could win, and when they are low in honor, they will gain so much honor next week, they are guaranteed to win.

Changing the rewards does not change the fundamental problems

It does because the reason teams work together is for the reward. If you change the reward to soely benefit the player, then the motives change.

#13 UDareUTake

UDareUTake

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 60 posts

Posted 07 April 2013 - 07:31 AM

It does because the reason teams work together is for the reward. If you change the reward to soely benefit the player, then the motives change.

Lets say they change the reward to items, it still doesnt change the fact that we will work together to let each other take turn in winning the reward, the motive is still the same, i'll drop honor for my teammates so that they win this week, next week I'll take back honor so I win next week. 

So how does changing the rewards to more exclusive items change our motives? 

#14 AwesomeOH

AwesomeOH

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 07 April 2013 - 01:53 PM

Lets say they change the reward to items, it still doesnt change the fact that we will work together to let each other take turn in winning the reward, the motive is still the same, i'll drop honor for my teammates so that they win this week, next week I'll take back honor so I win next week. 

So how does changing the rewards to more exclusive items change our motives? 

Teams would work together because the donuts could be donated to the team and so the whole team had motivation to help others on their team win. Its a shared glory.

But if the reward changes to an item that will give only you +250 stats, the whole team might not be as motivated to help out the lower level players. The incentive is really only there for the higher level players to win.

Of course teams might still help those who want to win. But with the item reward, it will take a much longer time to accomplish 'victory' if vicotry is defined by winning the tournament enough times to have a new unique costume.

I don't think it's a perfect system, but I feel its better than what was in place.

#15 UDareUTake

UDareUTake

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 60 posts

Posted 07 April 2013 - 05:16 PM

Teams would work together because the donuts could be donated to the team and so the whole team had motivation to help others on their team win. Its a shared glory.

But if the reward changes to an item that will give only you +250 stats, the whole team might not be as motivated to help out the lower level players. The incentive is really only there for the higher level players to win.

Of course teams might still help those who want to win. But with the item reward, it will take a much longer time to accomplish 'victory' if vicotry is defined by winning the tournament enough times to have a new unique costume.

I don't think it's a perfect system, but I feel its better than what was in place.

The teamwork is mutually beneficial, it is hard for one guy to win purely based on his own efforts. Its not about the glory. if those items are alot stronger and powerful, then teams will be even more motivated in winning every Single tournament. Allowing their selected members to take the top 3 every single week regardless its on rotation or whatever basis. (Better for your own teammate to win, then to slit each other throat and allow ppl from other team to gang up and snatch the prize isnt it?)

The item prize itself is a good variation as rewards given out, but it is in no way changing/improving the system, at least in my opinion.

#16 dcasso

dcasso

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 44 posts
  • Character:Dcasso

Posted 07 April 2013 - 06:00 PM

I agree with UDareUTake, it does not improve the system by itself, but the variation is a nice idea. But hopefully it wont be 250 stat points, but 10-20 at a max :)

The system is sadly very flawed which is caused by the use of poor tournaments. So improve the tournaments and maybe try out  variation in the rewards BUT do seriously not implement the honor, team expansion and deeds completed. 

For a player like myself, who are above soft cap and not in the "ruling honor team" I have no chance in H**l to ever score anything on the honor tournament. Deeds tournament are impossible for experienced players, and that lack of mission resets make the experience tournament impossible. Add to that the team expansion will always be won by a low expanded team and team xp is impossible to win when fighting in the top ten. You end up with a completely useless tournament system for many soft cap players. So just giving donuts and stat points to the ruling team and to low level players does nothing for the rest of the players.

Add to that, that villains have no positive impact on high lvl players (13k xp for 5 hours, and im needing 425k xp to lvl) and their strength are based on the players online, more villains will escape which is another bad part of the game as it currently is.

On top of that, we could add that special missions are depleated, that we don't get improved items very often since we are at soft cap.

To sum it all up, only thing that keep me playing currently are my team members (which im beginning to add to skype). So if you want players to stay, do not ALSO screw the tournament system up (again). :)

Regards 

Dcasso, a long time player, that sees a lot of unfulfilled potential in this game, and thinks it is sad to watch.

• UDareUTake likes this

#17 UDareUTake

UDareUTake

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 60 posts

Posted 07 April 2013 - 06:50 PM

I just hope they could look at one of my many suggestions and hopefully could consider one of those..

• dcasso likes this

#18 AwesomeOH

AwesomeOH

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 07 April 2013 - 07:57 PM

Ok ok... Here's another idea for consideration.

What if there was added a 'heroic quest' to the game. This would be a cross between villains and gang fights where there is a time limit and heroes can only participate if they use a 'golden donut' for entry. Placing in top 100 in the honor tournament will win you a golden donut.

'Heroic Quests' will be a scheduled event with a sign up list.

This way the reward for winning the tournament is to gain access to another part of the game. Helping teammates achieve this will be a good thing.

This is only a beta idea. Thoughts?

#19 UDareUTake

UDareUTake

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 60 posts

Posted 08 April 2013 - 04:52 AM

Ok ok... Here's another idea for consideration.

What if there was added a 'heroic quest' to the game. This would be a cross between villains and gang fights where there is a time limit and heroes can only participate if they use a 'golden donut' for entry. Placing in top 100 in the honor tournament will win you a golden donut.

'Heroic Quests' will be a scheduled event with a sign up list.

This way the reward for winning the tournament is to gain access to another part of the game. Helping teammates achieve this will be a good thing.

This is only a beta idea. Thoughts?

This is another good platform to extend further gameplay and variation, it is a good idea even on its own. but perhaps you kinda missed the problem, the problem lies with the categories of the tournament.

Maybe you could come up with a more elaborate suggestion purely based on your heroic quest idea, (and the golden donut is obtainable thru other means) and submit it in thread as a independent idea, I like this heroic quest concept as an independent addition to the game

#20 AwesomeOH

AwesomeOH

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 08 April 2013 - 03:26 PM

Maybe you could come up with a more elaborate suggestion purely based on your heroic quest idea, (and the golden donut is obtainable thru other means) and submit it in thread as a independent idea, I like this heroic quest concept as an independent addition to the game

http://forum.us.hero...7-heoric-quest/

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users