• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 Vandrake30

Vandrake30

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 20 posts

Posted 24 July 2016 - 03:54 PM

Current expansion limit on teams is 30 players.  A number of players / teams have worked around this by establishing "academy" teams.  This has worked for many teams as it provides a place where lower level players grow their characters into strong ones able to support the main teams status in the ranks.

Could this development be made part of the game somehow?  As it is, only player agreements and the need to transfer players between teams to provide resources to the academy.

If a some sort of link was made available to the main team's leader and advisors once the main team reached a set development point (75 to 100).  Such a link should allow them the option to donate to the academy as well as invite new players to that team.  

#2 AngelicaSynn

AngelicaSynn

"Femme Fatale"-in training

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 354 posts
  • Team:Heroes Anonymous
  • World:US4
  • Character:QuTiPy

Posted 24 July 2016 - 08:00 PM

Donuts can be sent to another player via the voucher system, if they are purchased by a member of the primary team and the code is sent to a member on the academy team, they count as purchased donuts and may be donated to the team...

I'd suggest that the voucher code be sent to the leader of the academy team via in-game mail with the understanding that they be donated to the team. and spent for improvement of that team.

As far as recruitment goes, anyone can post a recruitment for any team here in the forums... the leaders of the main team can send 'recruits' the contact information of those who can accept for the academy team, or inform said leaders via in-game mail...

My new character....
 IROLnBu.png

#3 Vandrake30

Vandrake30

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 20 posts

Posted 24 July 2016 - 11:31 PM

Good to know that there is a method for the teams to interact.  No need to come up with somthing new.  My silly suggestion may have provided the framwork for teams to run internal events to promote or demote members within their ranks.  From Freshman team, Jounior team, Senior Team, and Graduate team levels.  Just a thought.

#4 FaithfulAizen

FaithfulAizen

Advanced Member

• Moderators
  • 1,455 posts
  • LocationMissouri
  • Team:Geek Force
  • World:US2
  • Character:FaithfulAizen

Posted 25 July 2016 - 01:02 AM

I'm sorry to say thats rather stupid I've seen this done on us2. It kinda failed mostly because they were merged teams. You dont know if the person you have as leader on the other team is trust worthy because they might steal that team or double cross you. If you dont believe me ask other us2 players who were on Star Alliance. I honestly dont see the point in having teams like this

Also I dont know if this really true but from what I understand their teams who had a bunch of sub teams with leaders ran by the same person. I cant really say its true because I wasnt on the good side of the leader but I found out later.

This also sounds like merging teams which never work

Wouldnt be better if we can expand the team and have more than 30 players on a team like 35 or 40?

Edited by FaithfulAizen, 25 July 2016 - 01:09 AM.

Aizen is the best

(inlove) (inlove) (inlove) (inlove) (inlove) (inlove) (inlove)

(smug) brb gotta do dishes (smug)

#5 Vandrake30

Vandrake30

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 20 posts

Posted 25 July 2016 - 08:14 PM

Good imput.  If the expansion beyond 30 players were set up as subroster under the same team, could it then avoid the pitfalls observed?

#6 Feelingood2

Feelingood2

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 76 posts
  • Team:GloriousV
  • World:US3
  • Character:feellingood2

Posted 07 August 2016 - 08:54 PM

why would you need more then 30 members? if you want to see the game git more competative  lets drop it to max 15  members each team and watch the scramble for all new top teams!

#7 Mahhafooznit

Mahhafooznit

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 195 posts
  • Team:Dysfunctional Family
  • World:US3
  • Character:Mahhafooznit

Posted 09 December 2016 - 10:46 AM

Expand the number of players allowed on each team to 50 but only the top 30 people that signed up for fights get to fight in the team fight. Everyone would get to fight in the gang fight though. That way you can mitigate around people on vacation or poor attendance without constantly having to kick people out and trying to find replacements.

The cost of donuts for the expansion would be high of course but the high level teams that want to keep everyone bunched up together would spend the donuts for the expansion.

You could go with Feelingood2 suggestion of only allowing 15 people to be used in team fights. Allow 50 on the roster but the team lead always has to choose who goes into battle. Have it so they can only pick from people that signed up for the fight unless a stunt double is used. 

Either way anyone that signs up for the fight gets the reward whether used or not used.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users