2 replies to this topic

#1 Furthington

Furthington

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 23 November 2012 - 08:24 PM

Powers that be, some hopefully constructive criticism:

I confess I have not read through everything here; the prospect of doing so is made more daunting by forum duplicity. However, I have a couple of responses to in-game phenomena that are probably common sentiment albeit maybe not oft articulated:

World villains –
Perhaps the stats could change to favor the players if it became readily apparent that the villain was impossible to beat because of one trait or another, if only to keep anyone fighting as players tend to just abandon a villain completely if they show signs of being such, however I think it is a gross error to assume that people can maintain enthusiasm when the villain is altered in the villain’s favor mid-stream. It seems like some sort of bizarre gaming crime to up the stats of an actively-engaged adversary rather than simply planning on beefing up the next otherwise similar villain. The game I played before I was encouraged by another player to come here had issues with world bosses that were not watched by the developers or the like, and merely being consistently too difficult (or easy) drove people away. The idea of “nerfing” the players or strengthening the villain was thought at one point to have occurred, and though it was actually a little understood pre-programmed occurrence, it infuriated so many players that there was a mass exodus. I don’t hear or pay attention to the dialogue here the way I did at this previous game, but as it is floating around that perhaps Hero Zero is experiencing an exodus…I can’t help but wonder if this wasn’t/isn’t a factor.

Special Mode—
Courtesy of my aforementioned lack of qualified personal observation, I only gather the nature of this one through the grape-vine: the special mode villains are now scaled to my stats? That seems to negate the strategy element of the challenge and make this all essentially an elaborate crapshoot. Some scaling is certainly logical, but great care must be taken to ascertain what exactly is being matched or it renders my attitude when entering a fight into one purely of “better get my hourly gamble in” and not that of sizing up an opponent and attempting to counter them with appropriate weighting of my own skillset (and hopefully some dev-friendly help from Donuts).
  • DevArmaya and Maddog like this

#2 DevArmaya

DevArmaya

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 64 posts
  • LocationOntario, Canada
  • World:US1
  • Character:DevArmaya

Posted 26 November 2012 - 12:51 AM

Agreed all the way around.

#3 Furthington

Furthington

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 27 November 2012 - 06:37 PM

Quickly, since I just got around to seeing the Patch Notes:

Hero Zone,

Thank you for the responsiveness (whether or not it was a reaction to this)! I don’t know how extensive the recently implemented changes are, but I’m genuinely surprised and impressed at how invested this developer team seems to be in building and adjusting based on player feedback. That’s a level of investment I haven’t encountered until now…may it take you far!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users