• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 277 posts
  • LocationOn the other side of imagination
  • Team:Dark Mayhem
  • World:US2
  • Character:Jagan

Posted 12 February 2016 - 04:26 AM

With the current exchange on Canadian to U.S. currency the price of Donuts has gotten out of hand.  Right now there is a 50% mark -up. So $10 worth of donuts is costing me $15. Current Donut prices are not a good deal for me and increasingly seem like a major deal breaker as to where I may want to spend my gaming dollar in the future.

Edited by Jagan, 12 February 2016 - 04:29 AM.

“What would your good be doing if there were no evil, and what would the earth look like if shadows disappeared from it? After all, shadows are cast by objects and people. There is the shadow of my sword. But there are also shadows of trees and living creatures. Would you like to denude the earth of all the trees and all the living beings in order to satisfy your fantasy of rejoicing in the naked light?”

― Mikhail Bulgakov, The Master and Margarita

#2 Toaster

Toaster

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 37 posts
  • LocationPortland
  • Team:Wolf Gang
  • World:US3
  • Character:Toaster

Posted 12 February 2016 - 04:50 AM

Hah, I find it interesting to observe game engines and mechanics and try to figure out the algorithms. I recently put out a email in team to see what people's prices looked like only to find that I'm getting a deal @ US prices.

I've seen a couple different countries where the donuts are disproportionately priced really high. Some from economies you wouldn't expect. But they can't skew too much to favor economic conditions or I could just send my $5 over to the Philippines where a contact there could buy me 3 packages and keep one for themselves.

Having said that, you wanna send me $20? loljk

But I'm wondering if there's outside fees that increase the price. Do you guys have taxes on internet purchases in CA?

#3 Jagan

Jagan

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 277 posts

Posted 12 February 2016 - 05:06 AM

I wasn't thinking so much about bonuses for particular countries but just better packages altogether. Better deals overall. 

Edited by Jagan, 12 February 2016 - 05:06 AM.

“What would your good be doing if there were no evil, and what would the earth look like if shadows disappeared from it? After all, shadows are cast by objects and people. There is the shadow of my sword. But there are also shadows of trees and living creatures. Would you like to denude the earth of all the trees and all the living beings in order to satisfy your fantasy of rejoicing in the naked light?”

#4 unnie

unnie

Team member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 206 posts
  • LocationThe Polar Circle
  • Character:unnie (retired)

Posted 13 February 2016 - 06:56 AM

I wasn't thinking so much about bonuses for particular countries but just better packages altogether. Better deals overall. 

Yeah - I hear you. Let me take this a little bit up the ladder and see if there's anything that we can do. All I know, is that many people usually choose the currency they want to pay in, which sometimes gets you "cheaper" donuts, if you know what I mean? Too bad it usually just requires testing as one fact is that it's our banks themselves that put those ridiculous exchange rates when you pay in another currency than the one in use in your own bank (your bank account).

Tomas

Team Supervisor - Hero Zero U.S.

Having trouble with your Flash player - or plagued by the Sweating sickness?

Contact Game Support here!

#5 AngelicaSynn

AngelicaSynn

"Femme Fatale"-in training

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 354 posts
  • Team:Heroes Anonymous
  • World:US4
  • Character:QuTiPy

Posted 14 February 2016 - 03:21 AM

just an addendum... if you enter the game through the direct link, rather than through Facebook or another provider, you get a better price for those same packages... to do so, you just de-link your account from those providers...

My new character....
 IROLnBu.png

#6 UmbralRaven

UmbralRaven

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
  • Character:UmbralRaven

Posted 06 June 2016 - 11:24 PM

How do you de-link yourself?

Also, I would like to make an observation in the same vein as what the topic is discussing.  I play another game made by Playata, which has diamonds instead of donuts, and the exchange rate of points to diamonds vs. points to donuts is 10 times greater.  Is there a particular reason behind this difference?

#7 Sekhmet

Sekhmet

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 19 posts
  • Team:Zombie Ninja Pirates
  • Character:Sekhmet

Posted 08 June 2016 - 05:49 PM

To de-link, I think it's in settings -> account that you find the option. 

On the other game, everything cost 10 times more.

boosters are 100 diamonds instead of 10 donuts, team building prices are multiplied by 10, shop refreshing is 10 diamonds instead of 1 donut,.... 

So there's no real difference, only a way to vary it. 

English isnt my first language so please tell me when I'm making mistakes or I'm not clear.

#8 UmbralRaven

UmbralRaven

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 09 June 2016 - 11:03 PM

Fair enough.  I hadn't really paid attention to those boosters because I never bought them.

As for the de-linking, the only option I have when I click on Account under settings is to delete my account.

#9 Sekhmet

Sekhmet

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 19 posts
  • Team:Zombie Ninja Pirates
  • Character:Sekhmet

Posted 10 June 2016 - 10:44 AM

Are you playing directly from the game, or are you using facebook or a similar provider?

Did you registered with your email, or with a social account?

If your browser is showing an address such as : http://us2.herozerogame.com/

then you're playing directly from the game and are already de-linked. 

• AngelicaSynn likes this

English isnt my first language so please tell me when I'm making mistakes or I'm not clear.

#10 UmbralRaven

UmbralRaven

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 18 June 2016 - 06:28 PM

I found Hero Zero through nutaku.com.

#11 AmericanMike

AmericanMike

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 160 posts
  • LocationSt. Petersburg Florida.
  • Team:AmericanMike'sKillerElite
  • Character:AmericanMike

Posted 19 June 2016 - 11:28 AM

i know that AngelicaSynn knows the game that you are speaking of, because her profile picture appears to come directly from said game.  ;)

#12 Jagan

Jagan

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 277 posts

Posted 20 June 2016 - 01:40 PM

Yay! A donut sale finally! Happy summer northern hemisphere peeps!

• FaithfulAizen likes this

#13 FaithfulAizen

FaithfulAizen

Advanced Member

• Moderators
  • 1,453 posts
  • LocationMissouri
  • Team:Geek Force
  • Character:FaithfulAizen

Posted 20 June 2016 - 04:49 PM

and I still cant buy donuts support doesnt know whats wrong neither does my bank and I even bought a pay as you go card and still nothing. Do you guys no longer take debit cards. This is very upsetting

Aizen is the best

(inlove) (inlove) (inlove) (inlove) (inlove) (inlove) (inlove)

(smug) brb gotta do dishes (smug)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users