• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 90 posts
  • LocationUnited States, EST
  • Team:Team Rocket
  • World:US3
  • Character:TheDarkLight

Posted 07 February 2016 - 03:57 AM

Today we are interviewing Ouch, a player who has been on for awhile on the US3 server. 

nmhkqw.png

• Hi, how are you? Can you give us your username and the servers where you are playing? 

I am doing great, thanks for asking.  I am Ouch and I play on US3.  

• When did you start to play Hero Zero?  

About a year ago-  I found this game after being bitterly disappointed in the discontinuation of SHC and was looking for my Super Hero fix!!!  

• Do you still remember the first days as a “noob” in Hero Zero?  

Yes -  I started leveling as fast as I could and looking for a top 20 team to join.  Super Neighbors offered me a spot and I learned a great deal about the game from The Infamous Riddle and Super MAB.  We took that team up to #4 at one point from #14 where we started at when I joined them. There was a team- always something happening, always someone online to chat with.  I have always maintained that good chat=good team and I stand by that.  Not everyone utilizes the chat, but for those who do, it makes them feel like they are a part of something.

• What do you like the most in the game? 

I like helping people out, getting to know new people, and going to weaker teams and helping them get stronger.  I have made my way to various teams since I started.  And along the way, I have always had success doing just that.

• In your opinion, what was your greatest achievement in HZ so far? 

I have done a lot of things I am proud of but I am not big on personal achievements, more so on what I have helped my teams achieve.  Right now, I am very proud of my current team, Riff Raff.  We have put together a great group there who are remaining daily actives and getting stronger all the time.  Of all the FUN I have had, this is the most fun I would have to say, and in the end, isn't that what playing a game is all about?

• Which are your tips for beginners? 

Stay active, do your training, study the game- get to know the teams  that  do not get the publicity and for the love of all that is sacred, stay away from the forums!   (see what I did there?)

• Describe HZ in 3 words.

My other job? 
No... wait. I can do better
AH!   I got it...  RIFF RAFF's HOUSE!!!! (Who's house?  Riff Raff's House!)

• You are one of the top players of Hero Zero. What is the secret of your success?  

I am?  Are you sure?
Ok, well the secret of my success is activity. Plain and simple. Woody Allen once said that 80% of success is just showing up. That describes my "success" to a tee.  There are better heroes out there, better stats with better gear.  But you will be hard pressed to find a player online more and more willing to do the work their team needs to have done in order to succeed. 

• What is your nickname in the game? Why choose this for your hero?

My nick is Ouch.  I started the game thinking I would be able to change my name some time down the road.  Here I am, one year later and STILL that update hasn't found its way into the game.  Some call me Big Daddy, Big Daddy Ouch or BDO.  That started on Super Neighbors when, 15minutes before a fight, I would do a pre-game under that pseudonym, along with my partner Chet Simmons who never showed up for various reasons related to his hedonistic ways.  It kind of stuck when I would go to help someone, it was always "let Big Daddy a show you" (referring to myself in the third person).

• In Hero Zero, friendships are very important. Probably you have a lot of friends in the game.
Who are your close friends and how did you meet them?  

Met them all in various ways. Not all of them are friends but they are definitely influences.  Some by playing with them, others by trying to recruit them.  Still others by chance:
Azuretrue from LCG (my heart), SuperMAB and TheInfamousRiddle (my earliest influences), SuperSamSam and Gar (who I learned more from than anyone) from Sugar Rush,   Superblahhh, Danilo, & Jerkcircus (who put their faith and trust in me to follow me from team to team), clickmania (the angel on my shoulder), Siphon(my right hand and good friend), JerryBerry (nicest guy ever), LadyKamasutra (Team Rocket's leader  who took me in and put her team in my hands), Fuma Hanzo(another who put his faith in me on Team Rocket),  HerpDerpDerpy from Wolf Gang, NewDay who blessed me with the opportunity to start Riff Raff, Whitewolf and  the entire roster of Riff Raff who make me want to stay logged in each and every day, and the biggest, badest  player I have had the privilege of playing with, KubaStank.   
And there are many more out there, I am sorry for leaving you off the list.

What is your advice to newbies?

Stay active.  Do your training.  Play with friends, you will never regret that decision.  Your first team doesn't have to be your only team. And once in a while, spring for donuts, you deserve them!

-By TheDarkLight 

• Jagan, AngelicaSynn, unnie and 6 others like this

#2 LadyKamasutra

LadyKamasutra

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 120 posts
  • Team:Team Rocket
  • World:US3
  • Character:Team Leader of Team Rocket

Posted 07 February 2016 - 09:00 PM

Always positive Ouch :DDDD