Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 155 posts
  • Team:Chaos
  • World:US1
  • Character:Pippyspot

Posted 27 December 2015 - 05:41 PM

Well it's nearly that time again, just a few days away from 2016 (grin) Will you be setting any new year's resolutions? Have you followed any you set last year? Is it not your thing?  :)

I'm not usually one for participating in this, but I think I will for 2016, how about you?

• unnie likes this

#2 TheDarkLight

TheDarkLight

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 90 posts
  • LocationUnited States, EST
  • Team:Team Rocket
  • World:US3
  • Character:TheDarkLight

Posted 27 December 2015 - 06:12 PM

I don't believe I have one. Maybe to eat less or something...

• unnie likes this

#3 AngelicaSynn

AngelicaSynn

"Femme Fatale"-in training

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 354 posts
  • Team:Heroes Anonymous
  • World:US4
  • Character:QuTiPy

Posted 28 December 2015 - 05:13 AM

I hereby resolve not to keep any of the stupid resolutions I let myself be talked into making... (lol)

• unnie and Ely like this

My new character....
 IROLnBu.png

#4 TheDarkLight

TheDarkLight

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 90 posts
  • LocationUnited States, EST
  • Team:Team Rocket
  • Character:TheDarkLight

Posted 28 December 2015 - 09:40 AM

I hereby resolve not to keep any of the stupid resolutions I let myself be talked into making... (lol)

LOL I want to say agreed, but I do probably need to eat less.

#5 Ely

Ely

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 11 posts

Posted 29 December 2015 - 01:21 PM

I think my aim this year is to take a photo a day - not neccesarily of me, just in general.  It could be fun.  Definitely more fun than last years dumb idea to not eat maccas all year (I mean I've been successful thus far, with the exception of 3 of my boyfriends fries that one time... but still).

Let's shake things up and get my creative side ticking!!

• Pippyspot, AngelicaSynn and unnie like this

US1 | Universal Supersavers | LC22

#6 LittleOne

LittleOne

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 481 posts
  • Character:Priscilla

Posted 29 December 2015 - 06:24 PM

I resolve to only eat half a million donuts a day instead of the 1 million I ususally eat.......

• unnie, npe and TheDarkLight like this

#7 npe

npe

Staff member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 105 posts

Posted 29 December 2015 - 06:40 PM

I resolve to only eat half a million donuts a day instead of the 1 million I ususally eat.......

haha love it :) mine is to stick to a diet and go to the gym (I'm signed up) but this one is so much better

• unnie likes this

#8 Pippyspot

Pippyspot

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 155 posts
  • Team:Chaos
  • Character:Pippyspot

Posted 30 December 2015 - 01:35 AM

I'll help with you with the other half ;) Nom nom, yummy!

#9 Bobmeister

Bobmeister

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 88 posts
  • LocationThe Land of Oooo
  • Team:Universal Supersavers
  • Character:Bobmeister

Posted 30 December 2015 - 05:37 AM

Last year I wanted to get fit (like proper fit with abs and stuff) but it didn't seem to work obviously xD. We have a treadmill in the house now so I might test my endurance again and go on that at least once a day and see my results (smug) .

Also Ely insisted that I hold back on eating fatty snacks and junk food xD so no donuts for me this year!

:((donut) | :O  

(crying2)

• unnie likes this
Posted Image

#10 unnie

unnie

Team member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 206 posts
  • LocationThe Polar Circle
  • World:US2
  • Character:unnie (retired)

Posted 30 December 2015 - 02:06 PM

I think my aim this year is to take a photo a day - not neccesarily of me, just in general.  It could be fun.  Definitely more fun than last years dumb idea to not eat maccas all year (I mean I've been successful thus far, with the exception of 3 of my boyfriends fries that one time... but still).

Let's shake things up and get my creative side ticking!!

I think I'm not gonna do anything but keep being non-smoking.. maybe at some point try to get off this wet tobacco (swedish snus) that I keep using from when I wake up until I go to sleep...  But it's harmless basically..

Team Supervisor - Hero Zero U.S.

Having trouble with your Flash player - or plagued by the Sweating sickness?

Contact Game Support here!

#11 Ely

Ely

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 11 posts

Posted 30 December 2015 - 03:07 PM

So I changed my resolution and started!! Who cares that it's a little early?? I'd show ya'll but no external links I believe. anywho; new idea is below, in a handy little quote bubble to make life easy for ya'll. :)

2015 has been a wonderful year.  I’ve learnt so much, met many new faces who have proven to have great impacts upon my life, and much more.  I love the new year, as it makes way for a new time ahead, even if it hardly changes, day to day.  With the close of 2015 however, it marks the end of my Graphic Design subjects at university.

Studying for a Bachelor of Creative Arts; majoring in Graphic Design, I could graduate this year, however I have chosen not to, and that in itself is a daunting decision.  I may not have realised how unusual it is to continue with other subjects after finishing the entirety of required subjects given to me, however after explaining it a million times over the Christmas period to friends, family, and everyone in between, it is obvious that I have taken a path which is not considered normal; and I’m ok with that.  Bring on my 4th year of undergraduate study!

I have never been much of one for New Years Resolutions.  When people asked me what mine was, I was often the person to throw out the joke that my resolution was to not make one.  However with the close of my design subjects as a core part of my university life during 2016, I wanted to ensure that I kept that creative side of me alight.  While I’m still not much of a fan of New Years Resolutions, I recognise that my biggest issue with them is the accountability which comes with saying them out loud; never the less; I am hoping to move past that this year with my plan to do something creative every day.  I did start on the 29th of December (punctuality with the New Year seems like such a silly idea when you are ready to start straight away!), and each day I plan to create something. It could be a poem, a graphic, a sculpture, a video, a song.  So long as it is created during that day.

Here’s to a New Year. May creativity follow my path as I run towards a new adventure.

*note: no revealing information about me is given - no University is mentioned, nor country; and no external source is linked.  (See rule 7; and 20 respectively); Nor is it a commercial advertisement for my work, (see rule 4)  Just a well written summary with thoughts and feelings; written in an autoethnographic fashion~ I read the rules again. xoxoxo Apologies~

Edited by Ely, 30 December 2015 - 03:10 PM.

US1 | Universal Supersavers | LC22

#12 npe

npe

Staff member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 105 posts

Posted 30 December 2015 - 03:30 PM

Best of luck with your endeavours Ely ,and as long as they are within the forum rules feel free to share some of your artistic ideas with us :)   

• AngelicaSynn and Ely like this

#13 npe

npe

Staff member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 105 posts

Posted 30 December 2015 - 03:52 PM

create a new topic with your creations if you wish, saves this thread getting flooded and going off topic :), I have hidden your post with the display picture for now, if you choose to make a separate thread I will move it to there :)

• AngelicaSynn likes this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users