14 replies to this topic

#1 your Zombie Ex-Girlfriend

your Zombie Ex-Girlfriend

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
  • World:US2

Posted 25 November 2015 - 03:55 AM

I'm going to make this quick and simple.
I know the ultimate purpose of HERO ZERO is to generate cash, coinage, and profits for PLAYATA.
We all totally understand that.

BUT....
Do you think it would be possible to roll out some NEW CONTENT that at every turn, every move we make, didn't encourage us to buy and spend donuts in order to complete it?
Seriously.

It's OK to make a game that has fun things to do... "just because."
Because it's a GAME.
An escape from reality.
A chance for social interaction with friends.
My God, there's already PLENTY of things to spend donuts on to make the game feel more playable.

Make a great game that we want to play BECAUSE IT'S FUN and you'll keep your paying player base for years to come. 

• ErmaEmpath, xMOx and FaithfulAizen like this

m9cdjp.png

Villains INC.

#2 TheDarkLight

TheDarkLight

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 90 posts
  • LocationUnited States, EST
  • Team:Team Rocket
  • World:US3
  • Character:TheDarkLight

Posted 25 November 2015 - 05:12 AM

Amen

(Is that wrong to say?)

Edited by TheDarkLight, 25 November 2015 - 05:12 AM.

• your Zombie Ex-Girlfriend and xMOx like this

#3 LadyKamasutra

LadyKamasutra

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 120 posts
  • Character:Team Leader of Team Rocket

Posted 25 November 2015 - 06:45 AM

This is called Buisness my dear......

BeXV0EFIgAAP_Bh.jpg

#4 Silverwing

Silverwing

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 295 posts
  • World:US1
  • Character:Icey

Posted 26 November 2015 - 04:59 PM

This is called Buisness my dear......

You are right it is.  And if you don't improve the goods and services of that so called "business", business goes elsewhere and you are no longer making profits. 

I buy donuts, yes.  But am getting tired of having to spend more of them on everything coming out and/or changing with nothing in return.  Soon I may be one of those to take my "business" elsewhere, where I will get a better return on my money.

Edited by Silverwing, 26 November 2015 - 05:00 PM.

• ErmaEmpath likes this

Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience

~~Mark Twain~~

I was only born blonde in looks, not in intelligence level, so don't treat me like I am stupid....  don't be a moron!

#5 npe

npe

Staff member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 105 posts

Posted 26 November 2015 - 05:15 PM

My personal opinion, there are an increasing number of uses for donuts ,however none of these uses are required to enjoy or to be good at the game ,  they are 100% optional, but also might I add while the number of uses for them are increasing the number of opportunity to gain them are also , Just yesterday we finished a weeks contest giving away 50 donuts per day to 1 winner ,so please check the forums regularly. I am a level 376 on uk1 and 354 on uk2 and have only ever bought donuts via the starter pack and my team mates will tell you that I also have a 50% skills booster and 50% missions booster, never am I with out, if you put the time and effort in its easily achievable.

• AngelicaSynn likes this

#6 your Zombie Ex-Girlfriend

your Zombie Ex-Girlfriend

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
  • World:US2

Posted 27 November 2015 - 11:37 PM

So my POSITIVE MINDED/FOCUSED SUGGESTION above was to make HZ even MORE FUN by adding more things to do that did not necessarily have the donut purchase "acceleration" tied to it. Doesn't seem like a difficult thing to do. I never said don't buy donuts.

I got a moderator warning for my suggestion above.  I play the game daily and simply gave my opinion on what a positive change could be that would be enjoyed by my fellow players.  Sure seems pretty harsh to give a warning for that in a forum that's trying to increase it's users. Man, it's rough around here.

m9cdjp.png

Villains INC.

#7 AngelicaSynn

AngelicaSynn

"Femme Fatale"-in training

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 354 posts
  • Team:Heroes Anonymous
  • World:US4
  • Character:QuTiPy

Posted 28 November 2015 - 05:51 AM

Tell it straight, Zom...

you got a verbal (zero points) warning, mostly for your sig pic being outside of allowed size parameters...

the 'complaining' about donut charges was mentioned, but was not the main focus of the warning.

Remember, it's more fun for everyone if we mods don't have to 'crack the whip' on small stuff, or deal with unnecessary 'drama'...

• Evolution likes this

My new character....
 IROLnBu.png

#8 LittleOne

LittleOne

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 481 posts
  • Character:Priscilla

Posted 28 November 2015 - 10:34 PM

Ok----I have a lot of non donut buyers on my team.  And for those who do well and are high level without using donuts---you have to look at the time factor.  In order to do that you have to spend a lot of time playing the game.  Not only daily.  But just to be a level 300 that does not happen overnight.  It happens because you have been playing the game for a long period of time.

The whole donuts thing---cuts down on the amount of time you have to play.  For example, you can save up donuts to buy a skill booster, but it will take a lot of time to do it. 

There have been recent changes.  1--Yokio and the heroic deeds available there.  2--The changes recently made to heroic deeds.

The game for winning donuts on the forum are great---but not everyone joins the forum.  And only a few can win. 

This game does require a lot of donuts to be on top.

• Silverwing and npe like this

#9 npe

npe

Staff member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 105 posts

Posted 29 November 2015 - 09:54 AM

i get what your saying but if you dont have the time it requires to earn donuts for boosters then you even if you had 1000 donuts given to you free every month your not going to be on top , because those people who have time to earn the boosters ,will also have the time to use all energy and all training, its just how the game works  :)

#10 LittleOne

LittleOne

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 481 posts
  • Character:Priscilla

Posted 29 November 2015 - 10:13 AM

Well donuts help you speed up using the energy and doing your trainings too.

The truth is if you have the money to buy donuts---you will definitely have an advantage over people who don't.

But I think the question is that it would be nice to get some donut relief.  Maybe not have to buy donuts at every turn.

Edited by LittleOne, 29 November 2015 - 10:15 AM.

• your Zombie Ex-Girlfriend likes this

#11 npe

npe

Staff member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 105 posts

Posted 29 November 2015 - 10:33 AM

have you tried the surveys and or free app downloads that give free donuts ? I find if you manage to get up a decent pile then it takes off a load of effort trying to get top ranks for the tournament for a while ,but if you manage to get say 50+ donuts and continue to get top 100 in xp and top 100 in honor then it should be a while until you run out of donuts, as long as you use them sparingly.

#12 Pippyspot

Pippyspot

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 155 posts
  • Team:Chaos
  • Character:Pippyspot

Posted 29 November 2015 - 11:51 AM

I agree you don't always need to use donuts to be successful, but they sure help. It's a shame they are not easier to earn in game, while I understand they're a company and it's a method of good income, it would be nice if they were rewarded more often. Some of the surveys and stuff are fine to do, some seem less secure especially downloading programs. I don't really take part in them since they removed watching a video to receive a donut, so I don't know the full extent of it. As for making the game more fun, perhaps the introduction of small minigames you could do for xp or coins would be interesting, I'm not entirely sure what this would entail but it would be an extra you could do if you choose :)

• your Zombie Ex-Girlfriend likes this

#13 LadyKamasutra

LadyKamasutra

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 120 posts
  • Character:Team Leader of Team Rocket

Posted 29 November 2015 - 02:11 PM

This is the HZ System,if you don't like it,don't buy donuts,but if someone complain about this (POOR) service,actually he is rights,HZ need to do something a little bit different,expecially for who don't buy donuts :D

team_rocket_by_dashinghero-d8ri0p2.png

#14 Bobmeister

Bobmeister

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 88 posts
  • LocationThe Land of Oooo
  • Team:Universal Supersavers
  • Character:Bobmeister

Posted 30 November 2015 - 01:28 AM

Donuts are fairly easy to come by, but only if you put hours of effort into your daily routine, and some people don't exactly have "hours of time to spend on hero zero. Unfortunately I am not one of those people, I spend more time on hz than anyone else in my team and it can be a struggle when the "skip for a donut" option is always there looming around. I get that it's a company and the need to make a profit somehow.

I'm thankful for the recent message that took me straight to an easy survey for 10 donuts (I'm sure everyone got that message?) which is incredibly generous. But on that note, I've tried out the survey page and I'm sad to say that I've spent an hour or two trying out "surveys" all over and they all lead to dead ends and/or making me sign up to other websites that I have no knowledge of and I'm PRETTY SURE it's those other websites that's repeatedly sending me non-stop junk mail etc. The only times when I did get donuts from that area was when I watched 2-5 minute videos for 1 or 2 donuts, and even then barely half of them worked. So these days I'd much rather try and get donuts by weekly tourneys etc.

On the original note, I agree with Pippy about the minigame option. Maybe create a retro-looking small burst-type minigame that connects players throughout hero zero even more? This can help players make even more friends if you make it an online game so you can play other hero zero players. like say someone's doing an 18 minute time mission and need to do something to kill the time, they can go to the mini game section and spend it there instead of playing on another program outside of HZ.

Posted Image

#15 AngelicaSynn

AngelicaSynn

"Femme Fatale"-in training

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 354 posts
  • Team:Heroes Anonymous
  • World:US4
  • Character:QuTiPy

Posted 30 November 2015 - 07:28 AM

Thank you for the suggestion, it will be forwarded to those qualified to evaluate and possibly implement it...

My new character....
 IROLnBu.png

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users