Advanced Member

• Moderators
  • 1,444 posts
  • LocationMissouri
  • Team:Geek Force
  • World:US2
  • Character:FaithfulAizen

Posted 26 October 2015 - 01:59 AM

I got stuck with a body suit I no longer want to get rid of :D sorry double posted by mistake cant delete my own comment

Edited by FaithfulAizen, 26 October 2015 - 02:03 AM.

Aizen is the best

(inlove) (inlove) (inlove) (inlove) (inlove) (inlove) (inlove)

(smug) brb gotta do dishes (smug)

#42 Jagan

Jagan

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 277 posts
  • LocationOn the other side of imagination
  • Team:Dark Mayhem
  • Character:Jagan

Posted 26 October 2015 - 02:44 AM

Some of us neither honour the light nor follow the dark, despite the cookie thing. Chaos Rulez would probably be considered overall Chaotic Neutral. We follow our own agenda. Being Chaotic Neutral we value our freedom but will not strive to protect others. 

You might find some of Chaos's followers tend to Chaotic Good but mostly the Chaotic Neutral alignment defines us. 

Find out more here:

External link hidden for obvious reasons.

Edited by Evolution, 26 October 2015 - 04:10 AM.

• King of Thieves likes this
“What would your good be doing if there were no evil, and what would the earth look like if shadows disappeared from it? After all, shadows are cast by objects and people. There is the shadow of my sword. But there are also shadows of trees and living creatures. Would you like to denude the earth of all the trees and all the living beings in order to satisfy your fantasy of rejoicing in the naked light?”

― Mikhail Bulgakov, The Master and Margarita

#43 grub

grub

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 74 posts
  • LocationNew England
  • Team:Double Zero
  • World:US3
  • Character:grub

Posted 26 October 2015 - 02:44 AM

eToX7jj.png

Er9ZbKE.pngJust so we all know the real definition of what we are talking about....

Edited by grub, 26 October 2015 - 02:48 AM.

• LittleOne likes this

#44 Jagan

Jagan

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 277 posts

Posted 26 October 2015 - 05:07 AM

Actually the reasons are not obvious to me. So I will just quote the first part of the article, and see if it is it's subversive nature of it's content or if it's because it mentions the most well known table top game ever invented whose inventor is revered by gamers everywhere, Gary Gygax - may he R.I.P. or if its because any old link is forbidden. 

Chaotic Neutral

A chaotic neutral character follows his whims. He is an individualist first and last. He values his own liberty but doesn't strive to protect others' freedom. He avoids authority, resents restrictions, and challenges traditions. A chaotic neutral character does not intentionally disrupt organizations as part of a campaign of anarchy. To do so, he would have to be motivated either by good (and a desire to liberate others) or evil (and a desire to make those different from himself suffer). A chaotic neutral character may be unpredictable, but his behaviour is not totally random. He is not as likely to jump off a bridge as to cross it.

Chaotic neutral is the best alignment you can be because it represents true freedom from both society's restrictions and a do-gooder's zeal.

Chaotic neutral can be a dangerous alignment when it seeks to eliminate all authority, harmony, and order in society.

Edited by Jagan, 26 October 2015 - 05:11 AM.

“What would your good be doing if there were no evil, and what would the earth look like if shadows disappeared from it? After all, shadows are cast by objects and people. There is the shadow of my sword. But there are also shadows of trees and living creatures. Would you like to denude the earth of all the trees and all the living beings in order to satisfy your fantasy of rejoicing in the naked light?”

#45 LittleOne

LittleOne

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 481 posts
  • Character:Priscilla

Posted 26 October 2015 - 05:32 AM

Well that sounds like something  to be proud of and to aspire to.........(insert sarcasm here)

I do understand that many do wish to be villains or just to be whatever they want to be.  But the desire to be a Hero is a good desire.  Some of you may think evil is good, but it isn't. 

I have never found self centeredness to be a lofty pursuit.  To me it seems to be quite unfulfilling.  But to each their own. 

May there always be Heroes to subdue evil and self centeredness in this world.  Let's battle! (ninja) 

#46 Jagan

Jagan

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 277 posts

Posted 26 October 2015 - 08:27 AM

Well, we are not talking about real life here. We are talking about game play. Playing a do-gooder can be boring.   (sleeping) A Chaotic Neutral character is not necessarily a self-centered  character either,  but he has a good sense of self preservation which is a fairly wise way to be in the gaming world....

You don't have to be a do-gooder to be a hero.  A prime example of a a fictional Chaotic Neutral Hero would be Han Solo. 

#47 LittleOne

LittleOne

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 481 posts

Posted 26 October 2015 - 05:04 PM

Oh I do understand game play.  But I watch people in their game play.  Character follows people where ever they go---even into game play.  I've seen it over and over again.   But still, doing good isn't boring at all. I just helped a teammate get to number two in the Honor Race.  They would have had number one if he wasn't getting tipsy on homemade wine at a wedding yesterday.  But it feels fantastic to help someone else succeed or protect them from some evil cohort out there.  If being a Hero was boring---no one would want to be a Hero!  But look----people want to be a Hero so much---lots of games are made about it.  More games about being a Hero than a Villain.

If people want to be a villain or a person who is all about themselves---you have the right to do that.  Just remember that it is the Hero's job to stand up for Justice and what is good.  So don't be surprised when we do just that.  Just like I'm not surprised when a villain does evil stuff.  Just don't take role play so far where you do wrong things to people and are treating them poorly.  Then the game just became an excuse to release that side of your personality that likes to harm people.  Hopefully no one here enjoys harming people.

#48 Jagan

Jagan

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 277 posts

Posted 26 October 2015 - 11:19 PM

Even villains help their own team. Nothing particularly heroic about that. But it has been my experience that those on too high of a horse will find themselves knocked down a notch or two. It has also been my experience that some villains are very good members of a gaming community and spend a lot of time explaining the game to newbies and helping them learn. While some Good guy type players spend their time judging other players gaming style and projecting it onto their personality and real life. So there you go.  

Edited by Jagan, 26 October 2015 - 11:19 PM.

#49 LadyKamasutra

LadyKamasutra

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 120 posts
  • Team:Team Rocket
  • Character:Team Leader of Team Rocket

Posted 27 October 2015 - 12:28 AM

IN THE END,IT WILL BE POSSIBLE YES OR NOT? LOL

#50 LittleOne

LittleOne

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 481 posts

Posted 27 October 2015 - 12:46 AM

Jagan you make me laugh.  Can't judge a villains gaming style-----I think it was grub who posted the definition earlier.  It just is what it is. A villain is suppose to do evil stuff. Since when is doing good and treating people well sitting on your high horse.  I'm not the one calling myself a villain.  So if you are going to be a villain but do the job of a hero, then why call yourself a villain? 

Stop judging Heroes.  Just because we want to see people treated well and want to see good prevail over evil---it doesn't mean we are judgmental or are sitting on a high horse.  Get a better attitude towards good stuff and people who like doing good things.  If people want to be a villain or a chaos neutral that is their choice.  But don't use it as an excuse to treat people poorly.  I think that is fair.  Goes for both Villains and Heroes.  Wait---that judging heroes thing......that's a villain thing right?  Ahhhh I get it now......

#51 AngelicaSynn

AngelicaSynn

"Femme Fatale"-in training

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 354 posts
  • Team:Heroes Anonymous
  • World:US4
  • Character:QuTiPy

Posted 27 October 2015 - 05:41 AM

Good and Evil are concepts...

An 'Evil' character does what is necessary to achieve his/her goals and does the least damage to him/her-self and those he/she values... It does not matter what is necessary because the ends justify the necessary means.

A 'Good' character does what He/she feels will bring the greatest benefit to the greatest number of persons,... It doesn't matter the personal cost, because the cost to others of not doing the necessary actions would outweigh the benefit that he/she personally receives...

So, a 'Villain' by the definition of society over-all may be a 'Hero' to those he/she feels should benefit most from his/her actions...

My new character....
 IROLnBu.png

#52 LittleOne

LittleOne

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 481 posts

Posted 27 October 2015 - 06:58 PM

Ok my brain did not wrap around that at all.  Villains are villains because they choose to do evil things and harm people is of no consequence to them.  So a Hero does not want to see that kind of mindset prevail or harm people.   What is sad---is when people think that a Hero mindset is judgemental.  Well maybe it is----it is judging evil --saying "Don't hurt people just because you are calling yourself a villain"  

I think having a healthy mindset about self caring is good.  But if you are self centered----that actually makes me want to barf a little.  It's a horrible way to live-----"""stepping off her high horse"""""

#53 FaithfulAizen

FaithfulAizen

Advanced Member

• Moderators
  • 1,444 posts
  • LocationMissouri

Posted 27 October 2015 - 07:03 PM

OK Lets stop the annoying fight over Villians and Heroes please.....*Coughs coughs* sorry for being loud

Edited by FaithfulAizen, 27 October 2015 - 07:08 PM.

Aizen is the best

#54 LittleOne

LittleOne

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 481 posts

Posted 27 October 2015 - 10:30 PM

I agree with faith.  I think we got off topic when KoT did his Lucifer dig and people tried to defend it.  Better to stay on topic.  Maybe the mods could help with that.

Topic stuff-----I still think there are some items in the store that could be used for a villain.

Maybe there could be another server contest where teams could win team suits. 

The big Villains vs Hero battle---I'm always game for that.

#55 FaithfulAizen

FaithfulAizen

Advanced Member

• Moderators
  • 1,444 posts
  • LocationMissouri

Posted 27 October 2015 - 10:42 PM

Lets just get back on topic no more talking about Lucifer I honestly have no idea why it got brought up...Sheesh

Aizen is the best

#56 King of Thieves

King of Thieves

Bested the bandit

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 492 posts
  • LocationThe Space Galleon S.S. Nemesis
  • Team:Villains Inc.
  • Character:I may be a villain, but at least I'm honest.

Posted 28 October 2015 - 12:57 AM

I dropped it 2 days ago. It's others that keep on keeping on with it. But for the record, it was stated because of the whole "light" issue to show that just because someone thinks they are of the "light" doesn't necessarily make them a hero. Just because someone calls their self a hero doesn't mean they are. Some of the most vile villains put on the public face of a hero when in truth they were a villain. The death of Superman is a perfect example, when several new Supermen appeared and 2 were actually villains, despite the public image they created was that of a hero. At the same time, plenty of villains have been heroes at times. Magneto, one of my favorites, is one that comes to mind.

Sorry you thought that was such an offensive "dig". It's not like I said any of you were the mentioned. I simply meant that he was a being of light, yet we all know he is evil personified.

But for the record, LO, you make plenty of "digs" on others and have even done so in this thread.

Furthermore, thinking that a game somehow reflects real life is flawed. Most players in this game call themselves heroes and many call themselves villains. It doesn't mean they are this in the real world in either case. To believe so would be the same as thinking Hollywood actors are actually like the characters they play. They are simply playing a role. It's called role playing. Now, anyone who doesn't understand the difference between role playing and real life really should take a step back and learn the difference.

A prime example of what I'm saying is I've played both hero and villain in these types of games. These days, I like to play a villain, thanks to my past experiences playing such games. Part of my reasoning is hero games need villains and since we attack all the other players, if they are heroes, I must be the villain.

Yet, despite playing a villain in a game, I donate to St. Jude's Children's Hospital whenever I can. This is my favorite charity because I love helping those who can't help themselves and love children.

I also donate to the local Firefighter's Association and help pay for team uniforms for some of the local high school athletics programs in my area.

I have donated my time and equipment to help those who have come under financial hardship, so they could move to their new homes without having to pay movers. Granted, this is fairly easy for me, thanks to my business. But all of them were single mothers who were struggling to make ends meet. Some still call me on occasion to let me know how their lives are doing.

I put my body on the line to chase a group of drug dealers out of my neighborhood after I found out they were giving drugs to underage girls and taking advantage of them and the law wasn't doing enough to stop it. Those girls weren't even related to me. They were just the daughters of some of my neighbors. I even suffered permanent nerve damage from having a shotgun broken across my back. I did succeed though.

When the last two hurricanes came through and everyone was hoarding water, I was passing water out to those who needed it. I even walked down the highway passing water out to those who were broke down from their cars over heating as they tried to leave the city. The cops finally made me go home, or else I would have been out there all night. But since there were riots happening, they made me go home for my own safety. I also helped clear trees out of the road so cars could get by, and no, I didn't get compensated in any way except the random thank yous I received.

But I know. I know. I'm such a villain in real life because I play one in a game. I mean, those are such villainous acts. 

Playing a hero in a game doesn't make you one in real life. Neither does playing a villain in a game make you one in real life. What does is what you actually do in real life. This is a fantasy world. The real world is the real world.

Edited by King of Thieves, 28 October 2015 - 02:15 AM.

• Jagan likes this

I'm bringing sexy back!

#57 Jagan

Jagan

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 277 posts

Posted 28 October 2015 - 04:00 AM

#58 Jagan

Jagan

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 277 posts

Posted 28 October 2015 - 04:09 AM

I do not know if they could do this in this game but they already have a fight option so:

When the contest begins you can choose to join "Heroes vs Villains." You will automatically be assigned to either the Red side aka "Villains " or the Blue side aka "Heroes".  Each duel you have with someone of your opposite faction racks up points for your side. Here is where the "role play" comes in. Since you are arbitrarily assigned a colour you will have to go with it even if you are a good guy playing a villain.  The side with the most points at the end of the period is declared the winner.  Perhaps a token prize could be awarded as well. 

So who will be the Champions? Heroes? or Villains?

P.S. Double posted because of change of subject even though in same thread. 

Edited by Jagan, 28 October 2015 - 04:10 AM.

#59 LittleOne

LittleOne

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 481 posts

Posted 28 October 2015 - 06:50 PM

Well the whole villains vs heroes thing, you have to expect there to be some back and forth about it.  Just when people take it too far, that is when either they need to check themselves or a mod needs to get involved.  I have not taken any digs on people.  Show me where I did and I will make amends. 

I think this is a heroes game and should stay as such.  But having a new game that does what Jagan or Faith said, would be a good idea.

#60 AngelicaSynn

AngelicaSynn

"Femme Fatale"-in training

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 354 posts
  • Team:Heroes Anonymous
  • World:US4
  • Character:QuTiPy

Posted 28 October 2015 - 07:43 PM

As a mod myself, I try to monitor the forum and when I feel things have gone too far, I do step in...

It isn't always necessary to stop a 'lively' debate, and I and the other mods try to allow good judgement to be our watchword.

it's only truly necessary to step in when a debate turns to a fight...

Since we mods are also players and community members, we do hold opinions on most subjects, and should be allowed to express them...

That's the reason we keep each other informed when we believe one of us has taken things too far, and also the reason we have a supervisor who can arbitrate any disputes between us.

As to the possibility of a 'war' between the 'heros' and the 'villains', I support this... I would also be interested in a new villain-based game, though it's hard to think how to describe missions for such a game...

My new character....
 IROLnBu.png

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users