Bested the bandit

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 309 posts
  • Team:Dark mayhem
  • World:US2
  • Character:leapinglizard

Posted 19 August 2015 - 11:38 PM

I just completed the summer event had two negative 6 items and a negative 4 item to pick from, why can we not win good items?

#2 FaithfulAizen

FaithfulAizen

Advanced Member

• Moderators
  • 1,453 posts
  • LocationMissouri
  • Team:Geek Force
  • Character:FaithfulAizen

Posted 20 August 2015 - 12:47 AM

I had one bad item and two sorta good ones that didnt really help me

Aizen is the best

(inlove) (inlove) (inlove) (inlove) (inlove) (inlove) (inlove)

(smug) brb gotta do dishes (smug)

#3 King of Thieves

King of Thieves

Bested the bandit

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 492 posts
  • LocationThe Space Galleon S.S. Nemesis
  • Team:Villains Inc.
  • Character:I may be a villain, but at least I'm honest.

Posted 20 August 2015 - 02:30 AM

Odds are, your current items are just that far above the curve. I have all Ironic gear, which also adds +7% from my stats, and all special missions gear for weapons and gadgets, which is rated for above my level. So all event prizes were much weaker than what I already had. So I picked the most valuable for coin to resell. Remember that set items will increase your power by a stat% as well, and this plays on whether a new piece of epic gear will be better or worse. Without the stat% bonus, the event gear might actually be better than your current gear. But the more points you have in base stats, the more likely your stat% bonus will outstrip the event gear. Also remember that special mission gear, where I get my gadgets and weapons, will be rated for a higher level than you are. So it will automatically have a higher rating than event gear, which is tuned to your current level. So if the event gear is a negative to your current gear, just realize you're doing that much better than you should be on a normal, nonevent, basis. And remember, you still get other prizes too, like free skill points. The higher level you are, the less these skill points make a difference. But for a lower level, they could be huge. For example, if you have 10,000 base skill points, 10 skill points is but a small fraction. But if you are a new toon that has only 80 base skill points, 10 skill points is huge.

I'm bringing sexy back!

#4 leapinglizard

leapinglizard

Bested the bandit

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 309 posts

Posted 20 August 2015 - 03:14 AM

My prizes were gadgets and weapons.

It's one of the reason herozero is dieing, they don't seem to care about players after they reach a certain level. I have heard this from so many veterans that have left the game or are planning to.

If the special missions offer great rewards (which is one plus 3 weapon every 10 special I complete) (that's 100 missions to find one positive piece) since special are the only place to pick up any the shop has had negative items since level 250 as have the regular missions and the villians. I can not find decent pieces anywhere beside specials. why couldn't the events (which require more work) offer a good reward.

I appreciate the skill points and donuts it just seems like the reward would be great also.

Edited by leapinglizard, 20 August 2015 - 03:17 AM.

#5 King of Thieves

King of Thieves

Bested the bandit

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 492 posts

Posted 20 August 2015 - 06:12 AM

Well, the game is designed for new players who are willing to work hard to be able to have a chance to catch up to long time players. Otherwise it would be hard to get new players in and then the game would surely die. All games live or die on how many new players they gain vs. how many old ones they lose. But even with the advantages to newer players, which we all got when we were newer players, older players will still always be ahead of those who started later, provided they work as hard as the newer players. The gap may decrease, but the advantage will still be in favor of the long time player who uses the mechanics of the game well. 

As far as your gadget and weapons prizes go, they are rated for your current level when you win them. Special mission rewards are rated for the level of the boss on the mission, which is usually higher. 

The other rewards, like coins, exp., donuts and skill points are well worth doing the event no matter what level you are.

Personally, I like that the gap between older players and newer ones can be gained upon. It keeps newer players moving forward and older ones on their toes. If newer players had no chance to compete, it would become a very boring game, very quickly. 

Besides, any gear won would eventually be outdated anyway as you leveled up. You just managed to out date it before you got it by doing exceptionally well in special missions, is all. The option could be to put the worse prizes in the special missions and the better ones in the events, but the better ones wouldn't be available to you as often then.

I'm bringing sexy back!

#6 leapinglizard

leapinglizard

Bested the bandit

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 309 posts

Posted 20 August 2015 - 12:14 PM

Ok so I am seeing that you are saying herozero doesn't care if they lose longterm hero's as long as they get new ones. I have played enough games that I know and understand that's insane. There's ways to make it fun for new players without hurting the older players, how about rewards based on say 50 levels ahead with lower players before softcap getting a bigger gap, how about added newbie trophies to the game teams can hold them without penalty in 5 additional slots but it's only use able for level 100 and below. Change the way the shops work base it on levels with odds of a good pet etc being better for lower levels but still there higher. I have played games where there was no way to catch the long term players and you know what it was still great because the goal it's to catch up its to have fun with your guy.

Anyway thanks for the information, it's very depressing to hear but nice to have the feedback.

#7 King of Thieves

King of Thieves

Bested the bandit

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 492 posts

Posted 20 August 2015 - 01:34 PM

That's not what I'm saying at all. We all know players retire. So attracting new players is important. If new players feel they have no chance to compete, the game will lose both players who retire and those players who would replace them. Long term players also got the same advantages new players get, back when they were new players. They also get the added advantage of being ahead of the curve on newer players. I'm sorry you feel that's insane, but look at it like this. If you started on a new game and knew that even with hard work, you had no chance to compete with players who had been there longer, how long would you stay playing? Would you stay long enough to become a long term player, yourself, or would you look for another game where the odds of you being able to compete is greater? 

Remember, you get advantages newer players don't get as well, like champion league bonuses.

Your suggestions can always be added to the suggestions forum on a suggestion thread. It's possible they may one day be implemented.

I'm bringing sexy back!

#8 leapinglizard

leapinglizard

Bested the bandit

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 309 posts

Posted 20 August 2015 - 01:50 PM

If you started on a new game and knew that even with hard work, you had no chance to compete with players who had been there longer, how long would you stay playing? Would you stay long enough to become a long term player

I stayed here.

Anyway I just didn't realize that the goal on here was to compete with the top players. I never have measured myself that way, I set personal goals and achieved them

There's a huge problem when you used to have 10k players now have less than 3k. The model is no working. This is all my opinions that's why I posted under opinions and suggestions.

#9 King of Thieves

King of Thieves

Bested the bandit

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 492 posts

Posted 20 August 2015 - 02:04 PM

A lot of those players moved over to the new server to start fresh on even ground. This is something that happens when a server is no longer the newest server. Also, a lot of players left or were removed when the ban sweeps went through to ban multi-accounts. Many of those players you speak of were actually the same players. Others, who used multi-accounts quit after having several of their accounts banned. So the 10k players is kind of a misnomer.

And a lot of player's set goals like being on the top team. Or leading one. Both of which you accomplished, in large part by your ability to catch up with the top players who came before you.

Edited by King of Thieves, 20 August 2015 - 02:10 PM.

• Relentless likes this

I'm bringing sexy back!

#10 unnie

unnie

Team member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 206 posts
  • LocationThe Polar Circle
  • Character:unnie (retired)

Posted 20 August 2015 - 06:21 PM

Be this however it may be - I've reported this issue which has been known for years now. One of the reason is indeed the "soft cap", which is ca. level 250, while max level is 499 (in theory). Let's hope there'll be more of the same stuff for high-leveled players in the future, and that the devs know what they're doing :)

Tomas

• grub and leapinglizard like this

Team Supervisor - Hero Zero U.S.

Having trouble with your Flash player - or plagued by the Sweating sickness?

Contact Game Support here!

#11 LittleOne

LittleOne

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 481 posts
  • World:US3
  • Character:Priscilla

Posted 20 August 2015 - 09:48 PM

Leaping Lizard, I have to agree with you on some points.  Only thing I can win anymore is something to sell. 

Even the forums have lost their appeal to me. 

But the powers that be do help out the older players in some ways.  They still allow trophy monopolies---and this is usually held by the players who have been here the longest.

• leapinglizard likes this

#12 King of Thieves

King of Thieves

Bested the bandit

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 492 posts

Posted 20 August 2015 - 10:44 PM

As well as higher league bonuses. I've played games where gear isn't even rated to one's level. So the lowest level player could have gear that was equal to the highest level player's gear. Here, at least, the ability to get better and better gear goes up as you level.

I'm bringing sexy back!

#13 leapinglizard

leapinglizard

Bested the bandit

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 309 posts

Posted 21 August 2015 - 12:03 AM

Be this however it may be - I've reported this issue which has been known for years now. One of the reason is indeed the "soft cap", which is ca. level 250, while max level is 499 (in theory). Let's hope there'll be more of the same stuff for high-leveled players in the future, and that the devs know what they're doing :)

Tomas

Yes it seems to me the special missions give -4 to +4 items for selecting, clicking fight, skip and ok. Special events which require hours should give +4 to +12 items. Based on your current gear.

Kot now you are contradicting yourself. I don't understand why your so passionate about my opinion. It's how I feel. Post your own if you think so highly of the perect herozero system. I happend to think it could usee some tweaking.

Edited by leapinglizard, 21 August 2015 - 12:05 AM.

#14 King of Thieves

King of Thieves

Bested the bandit

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 492 posts

Posted 21 August 2015 - 02:30 AM

I don't see how I'm contradicting myself. The gear you had at level 300 is better than the gear you had at level 250.  So it goes up. It may not go up as frequently in any given time period, but as you level, it goes up. There is no contradiction in that.

Also, FaithfulAizen is one of the highest level players in US2, yet she got 2 gear options that were + stats. I also have two players on my team who are much higher level than me and got + stat gear from the event. Like you, I only got - stat options. However, I also do tons of special missions and have an Ironic complete set.

My gadgets and weapons are rated for a higher level than my toon, thanks to getting them from special mission bosses. Since the gear I have is rated for a higher level than my toon is and the event gear is rated for my level, it will naturally have - stats. If however, I stopped doing special missions and leveled past the level rating for my weapons and gadgets before a new event, when the next new event came up, my event weapons and gadgets would have a + stat increase.

As far as other gear goes, I have all Ironic gear. At our levels, the 7% stat increase makes a huge difference in over all skill points of the gear. Because of this, any suit gear will invariably have - stats when you factor in the 7% stat increase. If you were to factor the 7% stats increase out of the total skill points, your newer gear would likely have higher stats. This is easy to factor by simply adding up all the base stats and comparing for your current gear and the event gear. For example, if I were to strip down completely and put on just the belt I got, it would have been +5 over my Ironic belt. But once I add the other Ironic pieces into the mix, the event belt was -200+ points thanks to the 7% stat bonus. 

My main thing here is that the gear your getting isn't bad gear. What is happening to make it seem so is that the gear you have is so far ahead of it due to the 7% stat bonus or due to it being rated for a higher level based on a special mission boss. That by comparison makes it seem like it's bad gear. But the truth is your current gear is just that much better than regular epic gear at your level due to the stat bonus or due to the fact it is rated for a higher level than your toon is actually at.

Edited by King of Thieves, 21 August 2015 - 08:59 AM.

I'm bringing sexy back!

#15 LittleOne

LittleOne

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 481 posts
  • Character:Priscilla

Posted 26 August 2015 - 03:17 PM

Nothing wrong in saying that it would be nice to get a good positive item during an event.  Nothing wrong in saying that it would be nice to get a good positive item in the store more often.  Nothing wrong in saying that if I get first when fighting a villain it would be nice to get a usable prize.  The game gets boring when every item you get you have to sell.

• leapinglizard likes this

#16 King of Thieves

King of Thieves

Bested the bandit

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 492 posts

Posted 26 August 2015 - 05:49 PM

So when you get 1st in a villain, your prize isn't usable? That's odd if you are running an Ironic suit. If you are running a secret shop suit or another up to date stat % boost suit, that would make sense though, since the stat % bonus comes into play. But I'm sure if you take off all your gear except the one that corresponds to the one you won, and compare it to the one you won, the Ironic gear would actually be better. The stat% bonus just throws off one's perception, since multiple gear pieces from the same set gives a stat % bonus, while a single item doesn't.

As far as store items and event gear go, they are standardized for your level. If you are getting gear from special missions, then your current gear is actually rated for higher than your level. So you're actually already doing better for your level than others for whom the gear is an improvement.

If you want to check this out, simply stop doing special missions until after such time as you have leveled past the level your current gear is rated for. Your store gear and event gear will start to give you + stats again then. But again, if you are doing special missions, you are already getting gear that is better than what events and the 2nd hand shop can give you.

During the last event, I didn't get any + items either, although a team mate of mine who doesn't get to play as much and therefore doesn't do as many special missions as me, got a +15 weapon even though he is 4 levels above me. Another team mate of mine who is 28 levels above me got a + 8 weapon from the event. He hasn't been able to do special missions as prolifically as I have either. However, I have since gotten a +9 gadget followed shortly by another that added +1 to that, from special missions. Personally, I'd rather get my + gear from special missions, since they are rated for above my level, rather than for my level, and they come at a much quicker rate since I can do a full set of special missions every four days.

See, what is happening is, by getting gear from special missions, it's like getting Windows 12 before everyone else is still getting Windows 10. Then Windows 10 comes out and is given away to everyone. Your Windows 12 is still better than the Windows 10 everyone else is getting, including the Windows 10 that you're getting.

No one said there was anything wrong with wishing for more. That's a common human trait. It's also a common human trait to not realize when you already have more. I'm just pointing out the factors one may not see or be taking into account, in which they actually already have more. And there's nothing wrong with that either.

I'm bringing sexy back!

#17 grub

grub

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 74 posts
  • LocationNew England
  • Team:Double Zero
  • Character:grub

Posted 26 August 2015 - 09:25 PM

If you want to check this out, simply stop doing special missions until after such time as you have leveled past the level your current gear is rated for. Your store gear and event gear will start to give you + stats again then. But again, if you are doing special missions, you are already getting gear that is better than what events and the 2nd hand shop can give you.

Hate to tell you, this is not true at all. I have done no special missions... ever. I have same problem, constant "-" gear. Even before power suit. Up till level 150, not the soft cap of 250, I was getting "+" consistently. Then it just stopped.

On top of that, I have never saved coins for the deed rewards over my level. I save coins till I just about level up, then spend on stats. Do this each level.

#18 King of Thieves

King of Thieves

Bested the bandit

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 492 posts

Posted 26 August 2015 - 09:52 PM

Hate to tell you, this is not true at all. I have done no special missions... ever. I have same problem, constant "-" gear. Even before power suit. Up till level 150, not the soft cap of 250, I was getting "+" consistently. Then it just stopped.

On top of that, I have never saved coins for the deed rewards over my level. I save coins till I just about level up, then spend on stats. Do this each level.

Funny, because it's true for my players who don't get to do special missions due to time constraints. As I said, there's plenty of players who are high level who got + gear from the event. A few are in my team. Now, I understand you want to discredit me, but the truth is still as I stated and was confirmed to me by others above our pay grade.

Now, for the record, up to level 150, you were leveling at a much faster rate than you were afterwards. I leveled almost 20 times a day in the very beginning. So any gear I got was outdated the next day by almost 20 levels. Now, I level every 3-4 days. Big difference between leveling every 3-4 days and leveling almost 20 times a day.

Somehow I doubt you have done no special missions, or that you have received no plus gear since level 150. If that's true, then you are likely the only player above level 100 that could claim that. That sounds about as dishonest as some of the things someone (I won't mention the name) said in-game about my team having 2 devs on it and this is why another team can't make any moves against us, even though that team has and they won each time, taking a training trophy from us on all but one occasion, since we took 1st place in honor; or when this same player told snakeman1 that I said a bunch of stuff about him that I didn't say. I am not the one who makes things up in this game and spreads disinformation. 

And what saving your coins has to do with any of this, I have no idea.

I'm bringing sexy back!

#19 Relentless

Relentless

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 36 posts
  • Team:Villian's Inc.
  • Character:Strykz

Posted 26 August 2015 - 10:37 PM

Grub, if equipment items do not increase per lvl after lvl 250, why is there such a huge difference in total stat points between the gear you are wearing verses say Nater or Pitcura? As far as Special missions or Heroic coin deeds, that would explain the strength of your toon for your lvl. You are just refusing better gear, exp, and coin rewards for apparently no reason...

• King of Thieves likes this

Strykz

Relentless SHC

#20 grub

grub

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 74 posts
  • LocationNew England
  • Team:Double Zero
  • Character:grub

Posted 26 August 2015 - 10:51 PM

As I am not allowed to discuss my game strategy, this is hard to explain and stay with in guidelines. 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users