King of Thieves

Bested the bandit

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 492 posts
  • LocationThe Space Galleon S.S. Nemesis
  • Team:Villains Inc.
  • World:US2
  • Character:I may be a villain, but at least I'm honest.

Posted 09 June 2015 - 02:27 AM

It started out as a regular day. Paris was working as lifeguard at a local neighborhood pool. She and her fiance, Kyler, had been working there since the summer had started. He was her manager and the job allowed them to spend more time together. It was his day off, but he was still at the pool anyway to visit with Paris while she worked. 

While the two talked, Khan, another lifeguard working that day, got a sudden gut feeling to check the pool more closely. There was a blind spot that was out of view of both lifeguard stations and he wanted to go check it out. The team had complained since the start of the summer about the blind spot, but thus far, no one had done anything about it.  An uneasy feeling in his stomach got Khan to jump into the pool and walk the edge of the pool.

Suddenly, there it was, Khan's worst fear. A small child was thrashing for his life where the blind spot was. Khan rushed to save the child and pull him from the water. He used his whistle to blow the long call that signaled to the other lifeguards that a serious incident was happening. The child had swallowed water and his lungs shut down before Khan was able to pull him to the edge of the pool. Scared to his wit's end, Khan's training left him as he looked around desperately for help. 

A pool goer started pushing on the child's chest in an attempt to get his breathing going again, but he didn't have the proper training to know he was doing it wrong. Paris and Kyler rushed to the scene and pushed the man away. Kyler checked for a pulse and found it. After making a sweep of the child's mouth, there was still no breath. Kyler turned the child's head to the side and Paris screamed for someone to call 911. She began doing the count off as Kyler administered the proper CPR procedures. Water gushed out of the child's mouth and after several tries, he started breathing once more. They continued to monitor the child as the EMTs finally arrived and took the child to the ambulance. 

Some time later, one of the EMTs called the pool to inform them the child would be ok and because of their fast actions, they had saved the child's life. The EMT further expressed that if not for them, the child surely would have died. All Paris could think about was the relief that suddenly filled her mind at the knowledge the boy would make it and was doing fine.

A news reporter came by and interviewed several of the witnesses before leaving to write about it for the next day's paper. As Paris's shift ended, Kyler comforted her and the two left to go home for the night. 

When morning came, Paris opened up the paper to see if the story had made it in. She found it and as she read it, she noticed it was all very much sensationalized and inaccurate on several accounts. She phoned her fiance to tell him about it.

"Kyler," she said as he answered her call, "They didn't mention you at all in the story!" 

"That's ok, Baby." he said. "It doesn't matter."

"What do you mean it doesn't matter?" she exclaimed. "You did all the work saving him! They gave all the credit to the guy who didn't even know what he was doing! Don't you want everyone to know what you did?"

"God knows, Paris." he said back. "God knows............." 

11406918_383320638540630_715898386291640

This story is dedicated to my daughter and her fiance, a man I couldn't be happier to be the one marrying her, and to all the everyday heroes we never hear about..............

• Jagan likes this

I'm bringing sexy back!

#2 LittleOne

LittleOne

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 481 posts
  • World:US3
  • Character:Priscilla

Posted 11 June 2015 - 04:29 AM

Something like that is more important than any game.  Good to see a child's smiling face is still here in this world.  May many blessings come to your daughter and her fiancĂ© for saving his life.

• King of Thieves likes this

#3 King of Thieves

King of Thieves

Bested the bandit

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 492 posts

Posted 11 June 2015 - 09:00 AM

Feel free to add your own stories to the thread. 

I'm bringing sexy back!

#4 LittleOne

LittleOne

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 481 posts
  • Character:Priscilla

Posted 11 June 2015 - 08:07 PM

11:30 in the morning.  A young woman was driving home from the grocery store.  She approached her home.  There was an unfamiliar car in the driveway.  She watched as a man she did not know walked into her home through her front door. 

The first thing that came into her mind was, "Call 911 and get the license plate number".  So she threw the care in park, jumped out while calling 911, ran to the car and told the person on the phone the address, license plate number, and the make & model of the car.

While she was talking, a man came around the side of the house and spotted her.  He ran inside the house.  She turned for her car.  Just then THREE men can running out of her home.  They all jumped into the car.  The largest man, came back out of the car.  He was carrying a crow bar. 

The woman turned to see if they were leaving.  The man came up fast on her and smashed her in the head with the crow bar.  Shock took over her body and mind.  She was unable to move.  She stood right in the same spot.  The man backed up.  He squinted his eyes at her, then he approached her again.  He smashed her in the same spot again.  He backed up again, and squinted at her again.  Then he came rushing at her and slammed her in the same spot a third time.  He reared back, getting ready to hit a fourth time.

Little did he know, that a 5 foot 1 inch, older, Brazillian woman was in the young woman's car.  She jumped on the back of the man, thus saving her daughter's life.   NEVER MESS WITH A MOTHER'S CHILD WHEN SHE IS AROUND.

This is dedicated to my Mommy!  Mom's are the worlds ultimate Super Hero's!

I turned out just fine.  Guy got life in prison.  Was overturned on a techicality.  Will be in court next week for two weeks putting him back in!

• King of Thieves likes this

#5 King of Thieves

King of Thieves

Bested the bandit

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 492 posts

Posted 11 June 2015 - 09:12 PM

Good luck. I hope you get him.

I'm bringing sexy back!

#6 grothos

grothos

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 35 posts
  • Team:The Lawn Chair Gang
  • Character:grothos

Posted 17 June 2015 - 08:57 AM

Some late drinking summer night, more like the early hours of the next morning, after a dozen or so of beers and shots, a Greek guy walks out of the bar to stare at the sunrise and the morning sky..
He notices 3 people, 2 Greek women and a black man(nationality unknown) walking up the alley and arguing a bit. The Greek doesn't bother with it since its an early Sunday morning, a lot of people are drunk, and a lot of groups of friends tend to argue after a drinking night. He gets his fresh air and heads back to finish his last beer with his group of friends...
Not even 5 minutes later, that group of 3, are walking past the bar front. The Greek sees a desperate and scared look on one girls face and seconds later the second girl stealthy nods him for help.
Rushing out, appears that our 6 foot 5 friend was harassing or aggressively flirting with the girls..they tried to talk him out of it, he kept doing what he was doing, seems like she started dishing at them and they must have used the N word. Bad choice of words, but that doesn't justify repeatedly slapping 2 girls that didn't even want to talk to you big guy.
The Greek hears their side of the story, but the BigMan seems pissed to the Greek as well because he told him that what he is doing is not right, and there is no reason for doing it. BigMan lands a five finger rage punch to the Greek without reason. That was a bad move. The Greek had to weight the situation since the Bigman was 2 heads taller than him and fairly wider in mass.Also due to a fairly recent bike accident, he couldnt risk his 2 times surgeoned hand. But if he didn't react both him and the two girls would be probably be in trouble.
In a matter of seconds, and with the weak but intact arm, the Greek helped the Bigman's head land on his knee. After a good 20minutes of the Bigman falling and getting up again(He probably was getting courage and energy from some drug he had done earlier) he finally got a final foot on the chest and lied there quiet until the police came in..
The Greek find out later from the police, that the Bigman is a known menace and was frequently in and out jail for beatings. So much could go wrong. 
But a man has to do what a man has to do, protect the women. The Greek received a bottle of tequila from the girls, a bottle of tequila from one of the girls boyfriend/fiance alot of free beers at the bar that the fiance was working and was happily drinking his victory.

• LittleOne and King of Thieves like this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users