#1 CuteKitten

CuteKitten

Advanced Member

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 40 posts
  • World:US2

Posted 20 May 2015 - 04:36 PM

I thought we werent suppose to double post?

#2 PostmodernPugilist

PostmodernPugilist

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 79 posts
  • World:US1

Posted 20 May 2015 - 09:35 PM

I thought we werent suppose to double post?

With a whole week between posts this does not constitute "double posting". The new post contains extra information and lets players know that the team is still looking. 

Thanks for your vigilance. I'd encourage players to report "double posts" (and other forum breaches) using the "Report" button, this means your moderating team will see it sooner (we get messages!) and makes the forum environment more pleasant. 

Good luck Chaos Rulez - hope you find the players you're looking for

Pinken Stein: The Postmodern Pugilist, Ex-Moderator

Proud leader of Turbulence (till I can find some other mug to take the job off my hands)

Ask Aunty Pink: Hero Zero's PREMIER Agony Advice Column. http://forum.us.hero...pink/#entry3602

In Memoriam: Russ Smith, Gone but never forgotten 

#3 CuteKitten

CuteKitten

Advanced Member

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 40 posts

Posted 21 May 2015 - 02:15 AM

With a whole week between posts this does not constitute "double posting". The new post contains extra information and lets players know that the team is still looking. 

Thanks for your vigilance. I'd encourage players to report "double posts" (and other forum breaches) using the "Report" button, this means your moderating team will see it sooner (we get messages!) and makes the forum environment more pleasant. 

Good luck Chaos Rulez - hope you find the players you're looking for

I'd rather stay away from the reporting button I've caused enough problems

#4 Jagan

Jagan

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 277 posts
  • LocationOn the other side of imagination
  • Team:Dark Mayhem
  • Character:Jagan

Posted 21 May 2015 - 03:19 AM

Hi, have separated this off from Chaos' clan post. The two posts in question were actually 3 months apart. Double posting is posting the same information in quick succession either on the same thread but more typically  across several threads. If you have extra information to add, you have the ability to edit your own original post or if some quirk of internet caused you to double post, you can request from a mod that  one post be deleted.   

Cross posting is double posting, in that someone starts a whole new thread  or adds to other threads the exact same thing that is already currently being discussed. 

"On online forum double posting is when a user posts the same message or slightly edited versions of the message more than once, in more than on discussion thread. Double-post is also called cross-post." - Webopedia

• PostmodernPugilist, unnie and King of Thieves like this
“What would your good be doing if there were no evil, and what would the earth look like if shadows disappeared from it? After all, shadows are cast by objects and people. There is the shadow of my sword. But there are also shadows of trees and living creatures. Would you like to denude the earth of all the trees and all the living beings in order to satisfy your fantasy of rejoicing in the naked light?”

― Mikhail Bulgakov, The Master and Margarita

#5 CuteKitten

CuteKitten

Advanced Member

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 40 posts

Posted 21 May 2015 - 10:40 AM

oh ok then sorry to have bothered you guys

#6 Jagan

Jagan

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 277 posts
  • LocationOn the other side of imagination
  • Team:Dark Mayhem
  • Character:Jagan

Posted 21 May 2015 - 02:45 PM

No worries.

• unnie likes this
“What would your good be doing if there were no evil, and what would the earth look like if shadows disappeared from it? After all, shadows are cast by objects and people. There is the shadow of my sword. But there are also shadows of trees and living creatures. Would you like to denude the earth of all the trees and all the living beings in order to satisfy your fantasy of rejoicing in the naked light?”

― Mikhail Bulgakov, The Master and Margarita

#7 unnie

unnie

Team member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 206 posts
  • LocationThe Polar Circle
  • Character:unnie (retired)

Posted 21 May 2015 - 02:48 PM

oh ok then sorry to have bothered you guys

Absolutely no need to apologise. The Mod team and us supervisors and admins are here for you, the community.

Besides, I can understand why you asked this particular question, since 30-60 minutes in the same thread already

fills the limit - so to speak -  for double-posting

Yours,Tomas L.

• King of Thieves likes this

Team Supervisor - Hero Zero U.S.

Having trouble with your Flash player - or plagued by the Sweating sickness?

Contact Game Support here!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users