• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 77 posts
  • LocationCroatia
  • Team:Chaos
  • World:US1
  • Character:lucyliu

Posted 22 April 2015 - 01:21 PM

So I've been having difficulties with the opponents in the league being way stronger than me. For the first couple of times I thought it was a coincidence but I'm annoyed that I had to lose the last 6 or 7 (!) fights in order to get a refresh (free one already used), and the trend continues to this date. If anyone wants to suggest donuting the refreshes, I'm most definitely opposed to that 'cause I like to spend my donuts on better things.

That being said, please readjust the 3 choices in the league fights according to the stats of a particular hero(ine). I don't think it's fair that every choice sucks, there should ALWAYS be at least one opponent among the 3 you can win against.

• leapinglizard likes this

#2 Jagan

Jagan

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 277 posts
  • LocationOn the other side of imagination
  • Team:Dark Mayhem
  • World:US2
  • Character:Jagan

Posted 22 April 2015 - 02:52 PM

I am going to play the devil's advocate and wonder if perhaps you have not reached your level of Super-herodom? It seems this League business is basically a King of the Hill thing and everyone will more or less land at their level of strength. Yeah, yeah I know. The same few elite who are already the strongest will remain on top, as will their team making it twice as hard for the others to follow. On the other hand, Heroes should not be getting Championship status because the game is finding weaker players for them to fight. Ideally, the game should be finding opponents at about your level (strength or standing i.e. bronze, silver, gold etc.) until you rise to your level of strength.

Please feel free to argue the point and enlighten especially if you are a good interpreter of game mechanics which I am not.

“What would your good be doing if there were no evil, and what would the earth look like if shadows disappeared from it? After all, shadows are cast by objects and people. There is the shadow of my sword. But there are also shadows of trees and living creatures. Would you like to denude the earth of all the trees and all the living beings in order to satisfy your fantasy of rejoicing in the naked light?”

― Mikhail Bulgakov, The Master and Margarita

#3 LittleOne

LittleOne

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 481 posts
  • World:US3
  • Character:Priscilla

Posted 22 April 2015 - 07:06 PM

I've played on two different servers now.  I've also played in all the leagues by now as well.  What I am finding is that the battles are not necessarily matched up to your stats.  They are league based for some part.  I actually got someone below level 10 on Monday.  So it's definitely not based on level or stats.  When I was in the Champion league, my attack possibilities were quite limited.  However, it did include people from the previous league.  But only my teammates from the previous league.  To me, I have seen some improvements since the last patch.  But they attack picks still need improving.  Also, there are people that I am much stronger than, who are beating me, who could never beat me in a duel or a team fight.  Some of the randomness is screwy.

Finally, I will say it again.  TRAINING TROPHIES.  To keep people playing the game---because people are leaving---there needs to be a change in the trophies part of the game.  Once again, I recommend giving each trophy a Letter and Number.  Training trophies for example T1, T2, T3, etc.  Let a team hold the trophy for a week.  The next week they are not able to hold that particular trophy again.  The following week, they can gain that trophy back.  It will bring healthy competition back into the game without one team monopolizing the training trophies for long periods of time.  This will help with any strength problems in the leagues.

#4 lucy

lucy

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 77 posts
  • LocationCroatia
  • Team:Chaos
  • World:US1
  • Character:lucyliu

Posted 22 April 2015 - 10:14 PM

I am going to play the devil's advocate and wonder if perhaps you have not reached your level of Super-herodom? It seems this League business is basically a King of the Hill thing and everyone will more or less land at their level of strength. Yeah, yeah I know. The same few elite who are already the strongest will remain on top, as will their team making it twice as hard for the others to follow. On the other hand, Heroes should not be getting Championship status because the game is finding weaker players for them to fight. Ideally, the game should be finding opponents at about your level (strength or standing i.e. bronze, silver, gold etc.) until you rise to your level of strength.

Please feel free to argue the point and enlighten especially if you are a good interpreter of game mechanics which I am not.

I'm not sure if I'm such a good interpreter but I think it's clear as day that the creators of the game changed their focus from pleasing new players to keeping the old customers happy. It makes sense 'cause it keeps most long term players from quitting the game and they buy more donuts just to be a bit higher on the list . And I'm okay with that, don't have the need to be in the top league category nor be able to beat everyone I want. That's not what I'm after and not the reason why I still play.

On the other hand, I feel like I'm getting the short end of the stick here. Just to clarify, I didn't have this problem when the league first began. IMHO, I believe when ppl complained about getting 15lvls and such, the devs probably tried to overcompensate in the coming update so it would be more "fair" and now it's been 11 fights for me that I had to lose. In a row. All 3 choices always considerably stronger. In response to "rising my lvl of strength" I think even if I did that the game would automatically give me even stronger opponents. Also, why should I buff up? I feel like I should be given other heroes around my skillset and perhaps a bit weaker like I see most other ppl getting. I'm just trying to win and get those coins, not necessarily gain loads of points and be some champion.

Not everyone has this problem, but I'm trying to speak up for those who do. I tried to contact the support but they told me to rather post here since they're flooded with requests & suggestions.

I've played on two different servers now.  I've also played in all the leagues by now as well.  What I am finding is that the battles are not necessarily matched up to your stats.  They are league based for some part.  I actually got someone below level 10 on Monday.  So it's definitely not based on level or stats.  When I was in the Champion league, my attack possibilities were quite limited.  However, it did include people from the previous league.  But only my teammates from the previous league.  To me, I have seen some improvements since the last patch.  But they attack picks still need improving.  Also, there are people that I am much stronger than, who are beating me, who could never beat me in a duel or a team fight.  Some of the randomness is screwy.

Finally, I will say it again.  TRAINING TROPHIES.  To keep people playing the game---because people are leaving---there needs to be a change in the trophies part of the game.  Once again, I recommend giving each trophy a Letter and Number.  Training trophies for example T1, T2, T3, etc.  Let a team hold the trophy for a week.  The next week they are not able to hold that particular trophy again.  The following week, they can gain that trophy back.  It will bring healthy competition back into the game without one team monopolizing the training trophies for long periods of time.  This will help with any strength problems in the leagues.

I'm quite active on us server so far but I also play another one, not really active there that much but I don't have that league problem there. Also, just to clarify, I'm not in a really high league lvl. If I were, I'd get that the opponents would be stronger than me, though I still don't know how they're chosen. Category, stats, lvl? The formula ain't working for me. Didn't have the problem of ppl beating me in league that in a normal duel I'd win but again duels can be tricky.

I usually like the extra training trophy or two we have (more would be too much honestly, esp if a villain comes), though it often changes and doesn't have hoarding tendencies. Some distribution of it during a certain period of time would be nice to see, give other teams and heroes a chance to grow. I know this issue is the long as the game itself so really doubt it will happen if it hasn't already.

Sorry y'all for the long post, here's an invisible potato        .

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: league

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users