Photo

Reactions and responses (Garage Interviews)

• Please log in to reply
36 replies to this topic

#21 AngelicaSynn

AngelicaSynn

"Femme Fatale"-in training

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 354 posts
  • Team:Heroes Anonymous
  • World:US4
  • Character:QuTiPy

Posted 08 April 2015 - 08:31 PM

Thank you both for your support...

A little controversy is healthy, as long as it stays within the ToS, but sometimes a moderator has to step in when / if it starts getting personal...

Again, my thanks.

AS 

• leapinglizard likes this

My new character....
 IROLnBu.png

#22 LittleOne

LittleOne

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 481 posts
  • World:US3
  • Character:Priscilla

Posted 08 April 2015 - 09:25 PM

Ouch.  No one is coming at you man.  Just trying to look at it from a mindset of having peace and friendliness on the server.  I am friendly to everyone. 

The point is that calling someone out during an interview like you did---is an aggressive act.  Which these interviews are not about.  You should post that kind of things in a different area of the forum.  These interviews should be light hearted and enjoyable.  And unfortunately your posts are trying to ruin to that.  If an interview was done on you, and someone posted something against you like was done here, I would stand up for you too.  Because an injustice is an injustice, doesn't matter whether I know the person or not. 

Saying you don't know me and don't care who I am ---is just an example of you trying to hurt people.  There is no honor in that either.  And you made this interview about YOU---the moment you posted what you did.  You TRIED to jab me, but I am a kind person and I forgive you.  That is how friendliness works.

Let me explain to you how it works at the top.  Everyone is weaker than you.  So you will always have to be fighting the weaker just to keep playing the game.  So are you asking VV to stop playing the game now since they are number 1?  That doesn't seem fair.  Do the top teams do things sometimes that they don't really need to be doing?  Yes.  Do they need an assassination attempt during a light hearted interview--No.  You would not want to be treated that way---so you shouldn't do it to others. 

Now for the hard truth. If you want people to listen to you and take you seriously, you have  to come at them in a better way.  No one is going to listen to what you say here, because it has an aggressive tone to it.  No one wants to be talked to that way.  Even you.  If you want to voice a complaint, do it in a way that is productive and not destructive. 

I have no issues with you personally.  I just saw something done that was wrong--tearing up someone during their interview.  Wrong place--wrong time---and wrong attitude.  I would say the same thing if it had been done to you.  As far as being friends and over looking bad decisions----VV can vouch that when I see them doing stupid stuff---they get an email from me.  Be nice to people.  They will listen if you are nice.

#23 Ouch

Ouch

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 44 posts
  • LocationSt Louis - USA
  • Team:Riff Raff
  • Character:Ouch

Posted 09 April 2015 - 11:50 PM

Your persistence on this matter reminds me alot of my interaction with Operationredwings.  As I have told you, your opinions are duly noted, just not shared.  Do not take it personal that I do not know you nor am I concerned with knowing you - it is just ambivlaence...honestly.

I have said what I have come to say and no amount of replying to me changes one fact about our (me and ORW) encounter.

#24 LittleOne

LittleOne

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 481 posts

Posted 10 April 2015 - 03:07 AM

Ouch,

First, I am in no way offended by the fact that you don't know me.  I singled that statement out, because it highlights your attitude.  It was an obvious and unnecessary dig.  We can have an intelligent and constructive conversation without having to go that route.

Second, you are entitled to your opinions.  And it is ok if people don't agree with your opinions.  I voiced mine on some of the issues you brought up.  But it is fine if you don't agree with them.

Finally, I would just like to offer you a suggestion for an alternative way to speak out about the issues you discussed in this thread.

There are other areas in the forum where these things can be voiced.  There is an opinions and suggestions area.  There is a problems area.  For example, you can go to the opinions area and start a thread that discusses the honor or lack there of in losing fights on purpose.  This is just my opinion, but I think the major issue people had with your posts, is placing it in this particular thread turned something positive into something negative.  Maybe it would have been more constructive making a thread in one of those other areas.  Operationredwings has the right to enjoy the piece done on her.  Just like if one is ever written on you, you have the right to be able to enjoy it.   

Friends are better than enemies is my motto.

Enjoy playing!

And I hope your team does well!

#25 Ouch

Ouch

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 44 posts
  • LocationSt Louis - USA

Posted 10 April 2015 - 09:02 PM

Let me see if I get what you are saying...

If I read an article on, say, Lance Armstrong, and that article went on letting Armstrong say what he wanted UNCHALLENGED (like this article) and gave glowing praise of the man, YOU THINK  I should not then, in the comments section provided, add my two cents about what a dirty, cheating, foul person he is and give the evidence I have to prove it?  I should then let him have that moment?

You think I should take that somewhere else - a place where the reader of that same article might not get the benefit of that other side of the story?  A place where both pro AND con can be weighed against one another?

Priscilla...honestly...do you READ what you post?  Not only is it pandering and condescending, but it is also NOT how things work anywhere.  It is wholly self-serving and reflects your intention to not see this matter objectively.

The right place and the right time coincided.  But it hurt you and your friend's feelings that I would have the audacity to say such a thing on her big day. You cannot see through YOUR OWN AGENDA with enough honesty to realize that everything I did and everything I said were in the right place at the right time on the right subject.

You don't like that?

Tough.

If you (or your "friend" Operationredwings) want a glowing piece written about them with no one coming behind to tell the other side of the story, then act in accordance with that.

Stop preying on lower levels

Stop throwing fights so that you stand a chance against better teams

And stop offering advice that you, yourself, do not follow in order to gain a competitive advantage

And if you DON'T stand a chance with the trophies you have, then GET BETTER  or face the fact that you just aren't good enough at that time and WORK AT IT.

...or continue to take the lazy way out and call it strategy.  Either way works for now in this game.

PS - as I am unclear on some of the arbitrary rules in the TOS, please understand it is not my intention to violate any of the protocols.  My only goal is to be as forthright and honest as possible while, at the same time, telling the honest truth of the situations recalled and my perceptions of how things have unfolded.  I will be more than happy to edit anything out that causes an issue regarding TOS if given the opportunity.

#26 leapinglizard

leapinglizard

Bested the bandit

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 309 posts
  • Team:Dark mayhem
  • World:US2
  • Character:leapinglizard

Posted 10 April 2015 - 09:13 PM

Man I hope you can find help.
  • Ouch likes this

#27 Ouch

Ouch

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 44 posts
  • LocationSt Louis - USA

Posted 10 April 2015 - 09:33 PM

Your only response is THAT?

HA! 

8^D

me too, pumpkin...me too!

#28 AngelicaSynn

AngelicaSynn

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 354 posts

Posted 10 April 2015 - 09:48 PM

PS - as I am unclear on some of the arbitrary rules in the TOS, please understand it is not my intention to violate any of the protocols.  My only goal is to be as forthright and honest as possible while, at the same time, telling the honest truth of the situations recalled and my perceptions of how things have unfolded.  I will be more than happy to edit anything out that causes an issue regarding TOS if given the opportunity.

I think we can all agree that your tone thus far seems a little confrontational.

Perhaps you might consider that in future posts.

The ToS were set by the company to help make sure that all forum users have an informative, enjoyable, forum experience.

Please keep this in mind.

AS

My new character....
 IROLnBu.png

#29 Ouch

Ouch

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 44 posts
  • LocationSt Louis - USA

Posted 10 April 2015 - 10:07 PM

When you say "all" that would include myself and I do not see any more confrontation than I do in the responses to my posts.

With all due respect, any time there is a disagreement between parties, the tone between the two sides is always confrontational if they are trying to get at the heart of the disagreement.  You confront those you disagree with.

Let's take this for example.  I do not necessarily agree with you, so am I being confrontational with you because of that?  Or is it that we just do not see eye to eye and you (as a Mod)  have the authority to deem my opinion as confrontational ? - not implying you would or are going to do that, just giving a hypothetical.

Besides, is confronting another on the message board a violation of TOS?  It wasn't listed as a reason in the warning I received.

#30 LittleOne

LittleOne

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 481 posts

Posted 11 April 2015 - 01:28 AM

I think AngelicSynn was being nice and holding her tongue with the use of the word confrontational....just sayin'...........

Weaker levels.  Don't prey on the weak.  I get it.  But when you are number 1 everyone below you is weak.  So Ouch, that means you should never schedule a fight with a weaker team.  You're mad because Operationredwings sent you too many emails.  Well off with her head I say!  That is exactly how you are acting.  If you don't want to win a bunch of honor and gain a trophy---then don't.  Nuff said.  Plus, I think weaker teams do have a voice.  They can choose to say yes or no.  I have seen weaker teams get preyed on---but in other ways.  This one isn't as big of a deal.  At least they get good things for their team out of it.  And if you don't think 1000 honor points isn't good---well what game are you playing?  Psst, and you aren't a prey if you say yes to it.  AND it isn't against the rules.  Dishonor comes from breaking the rules.  AND AND AND----VV didn't even have to ask you to win and take a trophy.  They could have just taken off their items and went ahead and did it.  You should have thanked her for at least asking, that was nice.

Should you have posted all of this else where---ABSOLUTELY.  That is if you are going after a wrong practice instead of person. You give the impression that you are going after a person.  Doesn't look good man.

Ouch, I held all top spots on this server without full expansions from the first week up thru November when I took a 2 and half month break.  Now I am just chillin.   So you can get off your high horse with me.  It is all hot air to me really.  I know what it takes to get there, I know what it takes to keep it, and I know the issues that come up from being there.  And you are making the first and biggest mistake that will keep you out of the top spots.  You are attacking people and not trying to make friends.  THAT is the worst thing you could do if you want to be number 1. Just ask the top 3.......  Let me give you an example of what I mean.  When you need to add high levels to your team---because you will---which team do you think they will prefer?  After reading all of this, do you think it is attracting players to you?  High levels want a competitive team, with a fun and drama free environment.  Just saying, many people have left teams and gone some where else because they were being treated like you are treating Operationredwings.  VERY bad for team growth.

If you should by chance gain all courage trophies, feel free to keep them.  We won't force you to lose on purpose to get rid of them.  Enjoy them!

Two Issues I see:

One---Stop accusing people of things they don't do.

Two---Stop treating people badly.

It isn't even about game honor anymore.  Some of your  statements have been far from honorable so far.

And if a team is number one, you should give credit where it is due.   Whether you like it or not, VV is  number one and they worked hard to get there.  And I can promise you---VV and SR fight each other.  You keep calling us buddy buddies.  Well I am friendly to everyone.  But don't think I am standing up for Operationredwings for that reason.  I am standing up for her because you did her wrong.  End of story.  Actually, if I had done what you did, my conscience wouldn't let me get away with it.  I would actually have to go and apologize because it is wrong to treat people that way. 

The interview wasn't an "expose'".....just in case you didn't know that.  It is get to know your players.

My hopes for you ----is that you can get some of the bitterness, or angst, or whatever it is----I hope you can get that a little bit under control.  No one wishes any ill will to your team.  We hope you guys do well.  On us3 we enjoy a friendly environment.  We try to help each other out when we can.  We strategize heavily against each other---makes it fun.  And believe it or not---some of us have been playing a while with each other and we care how each other are doing.  That is a much more fun approach to take. 

I've said what needed to be said.  You can  have the last word.  I will leave it at this because I can tell that you are even beginning to irritate me and I'm the nice person on the server. 

• operationredwings and King of Thieves like this

#31 xoxo

xoxo

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts
  • LocationJordan
  • Team:Elite Team
  • Character:xoxo

Posted 17 April 2015 - 07:03 PM

Maybe in the future we could have interviews from some of the Heroes that are manning some of these up and coming teams - Heroes like Garnet or Sophina from Elite Team

I thank you ouch for the mention of Elite Team and it's players but I want to add one more player to that list snuffleburger

• operationredwings likes this

#32 Jagan

Jagan

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 277 posts
  • LocationOn the other side of imagination
  • Team:Dark Mayhem
  • Character:Jagan

Posted 18 April 2015 - 03:12 AM

Why not start a thread and mention the Toons you would like to see interviewed? I can not make any promises, but I would love to know who you all would like to see featured in the Garage Interviews. By the way, May's interview is already in the can and you may be surprised to see who it is.  ;) 

“What would your good be doing if there were no evil, and what would the earth look like if shadows disappeared from it? After all, shadows are cast by objects and people. There is the shadow of my sword. But there are also shadows of trees and living creatures. Would you like to denude the earth of all the trees and all the living beings in order to satisfy your fantasy of rejoicing in the naked light?”

― Mikhail Bulgakov, The Master and Margarita

#33 Keetje

Keetje

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 29 posts
  • LocationNetherlands
  • Team:Team Awesome
  • World:US1
  • Character:Keetje

Posted 18 April 2015 - 11:13 AM

Why not start a thread and mention the Toons you would like to see interviewed? I can not make any promises, but I would love to know who you all would like to see featured in the Garage Interviews. By the way, May's interview is already in the can and you may be surprised to see who it is.  ;) 

Hiurkl (highest level), bxvamp (strongest) & ellax (ex highest level). (US1) :)

#34 Cannonman

Cannonman

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 69 posts
  • Team:The Pooh Tang Clan

Posted 18 April 2015 - 11:31 AM

Hiurkl (highest level), bxvamp (strongest) & ellax (ex highest level). (US1) :)

Excrucio is the strongest.

#35 AngelicaSynn

AngelicaSynn

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 354 posts

Posted 18 April 2015 - 03:50 PM

here's a link to the GI suggestion thread... 

http://forum.us.hero...er-suggestions/

My new character....
 IROLnBu.png

#36 Keetje

Keetje

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 29 posts
  • LocationNetherlands
  • Team:Team Awesome
  • Character:Keetje

Posted 20 April 2015 - 10:49 AM

Excrucio is the strongest.

strongest in honor  :D

+ excrucio had already an interview once if i were right

#37 King of Thieves

King of Thieves

Bested the bandit

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 492 posts
  • LocationThe Space Galleon S.S. Nemesis
  • Team:Villains Inc.
  • Character:I may be a villain, but at least I'm honest.

Posted 22 April 2015 - 09:43 PM

Just my 2 cents. 

Dropping honor is a part of strategy to win an honor tourney. As you rise in honor, gaining honor gets tougher and tougher. The tournament isn't about how high you can climb, but instead how much honor you can acquire in a given time. 

Dropping trophies is also strategy. Nothing wrong with it. Imagine if you were in a top team and you had 5 courage trophies. Your team would gain very little and lose 50% of their sp during team fights. Let's say they had 2 courage and 3 training. Dropping a trophy has a 60% chance of leaving you weaker than before by risking losing a valuable training trophy just to try and rid yourself of the nigh useless courage anchors. Gaining and dropping trophies to collect a good set is really very much a chess game.

As far as these pieces being "fluff" goes,............ well yeah! They're supposed to be. They're here to create fun not controversy. Enjoy them for what they are. 

• Jagan and leapinglizard like this

I'm bringing sexy back!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users