• Please log in to reply
97 replies to this topic

#21 Awewenu

Awewenu

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 28 March 2015 - 08:27 PM

It's sad when you get your 3 choices for attack and they are 1200-12000 more stat points then you. so I used my free refresh and spend donuts and what happens I get people 2000-15000 more than me 2x's, so I try again I get 1200-15000 more stat points then me. So all I can do is lose which is very screwed up. You would think that if someone spent donuts on something that they would be able to have a chance. Why would you folks even have someone that much higher than the other person showing up against them. 

#22 Cannonman

Cannonman

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 69 posts
  • Team:The Pooh Tang Clan
  • World:US1

Posted 28 March 2015 - 11:47 PM

Perhaps for every class you are above the opponent you receive x% reduction in the points.

E.g if a Silver I fights as Bronze III the received points will be 20% less for each class above; in this case 60% less. 

However if the aim is to take from the weak and give to the strong then if you are fighting outside of a +1 -1 range there should no 0 points loss for those players.

#23 LittleOne

LittleOne

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 481 posts
  • World:US3
  • Character:Priscilla

Posted 29 March 2015 - 03:26 AM

I like the dialogue that is happening.  So we can really see what is going on out there.

I am a donut person.  I use donuts.  And the donut prices for the leagues are too steep.  Mainly because of that 1 hour wait.  Twenty hours to spend on a game a day is not user or time friendly.  The refreshing of your opponent is a major issue.  With so many little problems with it, the price should be dropped to 1 donut.  And if you are having issues like I did, I was not even getting a free refresh like most people---support recommended refreshing flash player.  I'm getting ready to try that.

Different leagues----I agree that fighting people in your own league is probably the best way to go.  If you are stuck by yourself as the first one in a league.  Well you can just enjoy your huge stat increase for a bit. There will be another player there soon.  Or maybe there can be something written into the program to cause you to fight in the previous league until there are 10 players in your league. But also, let's say 10 people are in gold league.  If nine people can all go at 1 person for all 20 attacks----then that person has no chance to fight back either.  I am all for higher levels and stats reaping the benefits of their hard work, but I am against not giving the weaker guy a chance to fight back.  Limit the amount of attacks you can do on one person just like in the duels. 

So this is what has happened on us3.  We have two top teams that are holding 4 and 5 training trophies each.  Each day they come and use donuts to find the highest yield for a fight, and they do some farming.  This pushes them into the next league.  Where they get even stronger.  The training trophies give them an advantage---which they should have.  But now the game is no longer competitive.  It's just two teams farming the rest of the server.  And no offense to those teams---but they have to get points some where. So this is not just a league problem.  The trophies affect the leagues and team fights.  The leagues affect everything else.  The leagues and the trophy situation has to be addressed please.  They both work together.  You can't fix one and leave the other one broken too.

Yeah---there needs to be some thought put into making the game more fair or newer people will not enjoy the game and leave.  The truth is, even those who have been playing for a while are losing interest.  Because it is no longer user friendly, time friendly, and the donut situation has gone over the top. 

• King of Thieves likes this

#24 leapinglizard

leapinglizard

Bested the bandit

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 309 posts
  • Team:Dark mayhem
  • World:US2
  • Character:leapinglizard

Posted 29 March 2015 - 04:39 AM

Ok I'm going to weigh in on the topic.

I don't like the league at all it turned a fun game where hard work, teamwork and dedication paid off. Now if you have the donuts and want to spend the money you can get a huge advantage. I don't have the money for donuts. So now I have to play 18 hours a day to keep up and that's only possible because I was a top 10 level player before the league. Now many of the top heroes are discussing leaving the game.

It's a game killer, before if you had donuts you could speed through the training but guess what I could also complete the training without donuts so fair. The first problem started with adding the additional energy and training for the villain. It's great in theory and now they don't flee but it gave a advantage to the donut hurlers attack the villain 100 times with 50 percent booster on missions and you get loads of energy and training vs me but AT LEAST THERE'S A CAP and I can get close enough to be competitive.

But the league are crazy,

first the it's individuals not team rules. Okay maybe that would be okay if the league didn't affect the regular game in such a huge way. I'm sure I am going to hit a friend and teammate, making him mad and hurting my very own team. Not. Change it. The only reason people keep playing after level 250 are friends after all there's no real reason for continuing all items are negative, the missiles use donuts (with no option like with melons to use in fights or not, really? ) , the game play is repetitive and boring. So why stay? friendship.

Second I have worked hard playing 18 hours a day used 8 donuts and reached gold 3. Great Stat boost but my current selections are all from the bronze division for 1 or 2 points over a hundred levels below me. I have used my free refresh and don't have extra donuts so I have to attack one of them . How frustrating it must be to be a lower level hero and a bully comes a whoops him in two hits. But I have no option?

Third 20 hits equal 20 hours to keep level playing field with donut users. Really? I can't keep doing what I have been 10 hits, 10 hours is really still too much. How about 5 free like duels one more after 30 minutes until you reach 5 more hits for 10 a day. Including a extra hit for 15 attacks on the villain wouldn't bother me at all.

I got word tonight from some longtime players that they are leaving and all though they stopped short of saying that the league is the reason they all said it played a huge part.

Developers look at the numbers how many us2 players were here 1 year ago and how many are there today? Growing? If that answer is yes then by all means keep on doing what you are doing but if it's not growing it's time for changes and quick. It's a hard balance I understand helping new players and rewarding longtime players but it must be done in order to survive.

I am on one of the top teams, I have been here a long time so I already had high stats and yes my team wins training trophies so I kept up but if I didn't have all of that I would have already quit the game.

#25 Excrucio

Excrucio

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 56 posts
  • LocationFukuoka, Japan
  • Team:Dark Wing
  • World:US1
  • Character:Excrucio

Posted 29 March 2015 - 09:28 AM

I like the new league.  This game has been starving for new content anyways so any added feature is a welcome addition imo.  

#26 Rakib

Rakib

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts
  • LocationDhaka,Bangladesh
  • Team:Against All Odds
  • Character:Rakib

Posted 30 March 2015 - 11:04 AM

well This League battle system I don't what are these for

but don't like it at all

often I find 3 players are stronger then me , then I refresh using donuts but still the same

on the other hand some weak heroes then me getting more and more stats by beating lower lvl and getting League points

Instead of shuffling random challengers plz I would like to c they make it balance

most heroes are now focusing on LB then duels and honor points

balance this LB system like only heroes of Bronze rank gonna face only Bronze ranks 

cause if a Gold rank member wins against a bronze he loses huge amount of points on the other hand if wins he gets barely some League points

if this how it goes most player will lose hope in LB

Don't know about most players but I already lost hope on it

i m level 256 and when I c I lost to a player he's around level 280+

in duels I would never duel a player who is way more stronger then me ( ya it's fine if we're matched or skill is little diffrence )  

and even if I get attacked by high level heroes in duel I lose only few amounts of honour

#27 patootie

patootie

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 12 posts
  • LocationYe Olde Worlde England

Posted 04 April 2015 - 09:32 AM

Okay ... now I am really ANGRY with this stupid league business ...

I am a level 327 hero with skills in the mid 8.5k range ...(not bragging just being factual) 

On my selections this morning (and similar selections for most of this week)  a level 14 (yes FOURTEEN) hero and worse still a level 6 (SIX!!) ...

I will NOT hit such low level heroes ... it is cruel and far too brutal a thing to do ... I am 300+ levels above them .. their skills were in the low 100's .. if I were to duel with them in 'normal' play it would flash up a screen saying your are too strong to hit this hero ... 

So why ... WHY ... are they in my selections .. not once ... or twice ... but THREE times each just this morning and I have only made 7 league hits so far ... I am burning donuts like mad just trying to find someone ... anyone who I can gain even ONE point from who isn't a team mate or newbie ...

Seriously ... if I were a low level newcomer to the game ... and was bashed to smithereens by a hero from the top 10 ranking ... I would instantly delete my hero and go and find a fairer game to play ..................

In fact I am seriously thinking the time has come to stop playing HeroZero .. the makers have made a huge mistake with this league ... it is unfair .. totally biased towards the higher levels ...as in the stronger level you started out from the more strong you will become exponentially .... and really .... you really think setting a level 327 onto a level 6 is good for the game ..... you are off your heads ... !!

• CrossBones and King of Thieves like this

#28 Relentless

Relentless

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 36 posts
  • Team:Villian's Inc.
  • Character:Strykz

Posted 05 April 2015 - 02:17 PM

That's how they get ya. Donuts.

Strykz

Relentless SHC

#29 LittleOne

LittleOne

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 481 posts

Posted 08 April 2015 - 11:58 PM

I had a conversation with some lower level players today.  They asked how can they get stronger in the leagues when every point they gain today is taken away by tomorrow.  I think the leagues would be great if it didn't give you incentives----then snatch them right back out of your hands.  No one likes to put in a lot of hard work and have nothing to show for it.

Or dangle a carrot in front of you that you will never ever have the ability to obtain.   Got to find a way to give lower level players the ability to work hard and obtain the carrot.

Want to hear me say some naughty words-----make me refresh 12 times to find someone that I am stronger than to fight.  That is what is happening to me on us2 where I am considered a lower level at about 220. 

On us3, I am being offered 1 and 2 pt battles.  But when someone in my same league hits me---they take 10-12 pts from me.  Someone has to explain that one to me.

#30 LittleOne

LittleOne

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 481 posts

Posted 11 April 2015 - 05:23 PM

Sometimes it can get kind of insulting the way people talk about donuts in this game.  There are people who play the game who can't purchase donuts.  And there are people who can purchase donuts.  Either way, the donuts cost money.  And if you purchase donuts on a regular basis, you understand the amounts of cash that go into this game in just one day.

Hero Zero will have to  make a compromise in order to keep it's players.  Especially the donut buying players.  No one can tell me that the amount of donuts required to be competitive in the leagues is not excessive.  The donuts needed for the leagues is overkill.  And you have to participate in the leagues if you want to stay competitive in the rest of the game.  Treat your players well.  We treat you well by giving you our money. 

As far as setting a baseline, I haven't seen that written out any where, so it is an assumption.  I'm not saying it is a wrong assumption,  But it is still an assumption.  And even if it is true, there are still major issues in setting up the attacks.  I had to send in a support ticket already because I can 't get anyone in the positive to fight.  I still can't figure out the refreshes.  Are they 1 a day or 1 an hour?  And they should just give us refreshes for free until we can get the attack list issues taken care of.  I spent 20 donuts ONCE to try and find a person to fight.  It won't happen again. 

• Jagan likes this

#31 BruceARee

BruceARee

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 39 posts
  • Team:Chaos RuleZ
  • Character:BruceARee

Posted 11 April 2015 - 08:01 PM

How does an opponent that you have all 4 stats better than, still win? It has been happening a greater number of times in the league battles. Can someone help me understand this? By the numbers you are assured a win, then boom!...you lost.

• LittleOne likes this

#32 AngelicaSynn

AngelicaSynn

"Femme Fatale"-in training

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 354 posts
  • Team:Heroes Anonymous
  • World:US4
  • Character:QuTiPy

Posted 11 April 2015 - 08:21 PM

If your stats are only a small amount higher on each, then the random elements of an attack may outweigh the small advantage in stats

Similarly, if your chosen opponent happens to be in a higher league, the boost he receives may overcome a small relative advantage in base stats.

Hope this information allows you to choose your prospective opponents wisely.

AS

My new character....
 IROLnBu.png

#33 leapinglizard

leapinglizard

Bested the bandit

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 309 posts

Posted 11 April 2015 - 09:15 PM

Or if you are looking at the stats on the league screen not going to the actual hero's page that can be a problem because the stats on league page are often incorrect. They seem to not update. It takes the picture and stats once because I have seen geared down heroes that weren't geared down.

#34 BruceARee

BruceARee

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 39 posts
  • Team:Chaos RuleZ
  • Character:BruceARee

Posted 11 April 2015 - 10:22 PM

I guess the first definition of small amount would be needed, my total stats amount was more than 2500 overall give or take and that was after I clicked my opponent's image to see their profile page. Always double check for suit changes and such. I was in a higher league with all 4 stats higher and with the same pets skills. I wish I could save the battles in which I started to screenshot the numbers but the game only saves the attacks on myself. 

The league boost is already reflected in the numbers as shown in the opponents profile correct? If not then its misleading and not a welcome surprise. 

OR are a certain stat or stats given more weight that what is normally given in duels?

This is happened like 4 or 5 times in the last week.

• Relentless likes this

#35 King of Thieves

King of Thieves

Bested the bandit

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 492 posts
  • LocationThe Space Galleon S.S. Nemesis
  • Team:Villains Inc.
  • Character:I may be a villain, but at least I'm honest.

Posted 11 April 2015 - 11:42 PM

There's no way it's just due to a "small amount". I have players I normally crush and yet it's been happening to me all day. I had an opponent whom I beat in Duels and still have 50,000 life left over, just to lose to him in League. This guy hasn't beaten me in duels for almost half a year. Three of my stats are better than 1,500 points over his and the 4th, strength, is still better than his. I'm also of higher level, higher duels rank and League rank; and this is but one example of many today. In one day I have lost more points than I gained all week and against much weaker opponents. I'm also in gold 1 division. There aren't a lot of people above me. I keep losing to people who are in a lower division and who are much weaker than me in stats. I'm also using my best gear and sidekick. It makes absolutely no sense. I belong to and help a large community of players and discussed this with others both on and off my team and many people are reporting this same issue back to me.

• Relentless likes this

I'm bringing sexy back!

#36 Relentless

Relentless

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 36 posts
  • Team:Villian's Inc.
  • Character:Strykz

Posted 11 April 2015 - 11:42 PM

I'm pretty much done with this League business. I refreshed 40 times yesterday, that's 80 donuts, to find an opponent I could beat twice. Log on 4 hours later, lost 4 times what I gained. So I expect to be down a couple divisions by the end of the week. If I get someone I can beat on the free refresh, great, if not I guess I lose a ton of points. Anything I invest in this game is going directly into my toon, not a refresh button.

Strykz

Relentless SHC

#37 King of Thieves

King of Thieves

Bested the bandit

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 492 posts

Posted 12 April 2015 - 12:10 AM

One other thing I want to know is how are reward and deficit points figured? I honestly can't see a rhyme or reason to them. Just when I think I see the system, something comes along to throw my theory out the window. 

I'm bringing sexy back!

#38 leapinglizard

leapinglizard

Bested the bandit

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 309 posts

Posted 12 April 2015 - 12:53 AM

Yes king. I have a example I'm in the champion I have like 975 points and level 336 I have another champion with over 1100 points level 328ish if I fight and win I gain 5 points ok. I lose? I lose 17. Why? Then on the same screen I have a gold 2 around a level 275 I win I gain 5 points and I lose I lose 15? The other is a above 250 silver 1 for 3 points win or 15 point loss.

So the person above me in the league is worth the same as some one beneath me but I lose more I risk fighting the higher hero?

Explain

#39 AngelicaSynn

AngelicaSynn

"Femme Fatale"-in training

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 354 posts
  • Team:Heroes Anonymous
  • World:US4
  • Character:QuTiPy

Posted 12 April 2015 - 01:24 AM

I assure everyone that we will look into this issue.

As for 'on -the-fly' screen captures, the best program I personally have knowledge of is Lightshot.

Please be patient, and our findings and any recommendations will be forthcoming as soon as possible.  

AS

• leapinglizard and BruceARee like this

My new character....
 IROLnBu.png

#40 King of Thieves

King of Thieves

Bested the bandit

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 492 posts

Posted 12 April 2015 - 02:41 PM

So the long line of inconceivable losses continues today. Players I beat hands down normally, often w/ half or better of my life leftover, continue to beat me in the most unbelievable upsets. I've lost more points to attacking others I have never had a problem beating than I am to those who attack me and win, as rightfully they should. I'm starting to think it's rigged against me. This comes on the heels of a complaint I lobbied to support over not being able to buy donuts on the main site, even though I can through facebook, back during the Easter event. After giving them information they needed they would ask me for the same information I already provided. After complaining that I don't think they are even reading my replies, it took several days for them to finally admit the problem was on their end and not on any of the things they tried to attribute it to on my end. Since their last reply, I can't seem to win any league fights against anyone who gives me more than 2 points. Again, players I should have no problem beating are beating me regularly in league, even though they still lose hands down in duels. Again, usually I beat these players with half or better of my life left, but can't seem to get a break against them in league, while they seem to get impossibly lucky against me. I don't know if the two things are connected, but it sure seems that way since this all began right after my last reply from game support. I didn't want to believe it at first and tossed it up as a fluke. But as it continues to happen on a very regular basis at this point, I can't help but think league has suddenly been rigged against me for daring to complain. And now, whereas I was halfway between gold 1 and champion division at the start of yesterday, I am now bumped down to gold 2 during the course of writing this (I had lost so many points during my attacks that another player was able to knock me down to the next tier below when she attacked me, while I was writing this).

I will say at this point there is NO WAY I am spending any more donuts on league. I am questioning buying donuts at all from this point on as it seems HZ would rather not have mine and makes their use absolutely pointless in league battles. At this point even trying in league seems to make no sense. Again, it honestly seems rigged suddenly.

I'm a semi-professional poker player and know odds very well. If this were poker, the results I am seeing based on the odds would mean either I'm the most unlucky person to play the game whilst my opponents are the luckiest, or else it would mean someone would be getting patted down for gaffs.

I'm bringing sexy back!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users