#1 PostmodernPugilist

PostmodernPugilist

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 79 posts
  • World:US1

Posted 24 March 2015 - 02:18 PM

The new league system is here! What do you all think?

Pinken Stein: The Postmodern Pugilist, Ex-Moderator

Proud leader of Turbulence (till I can find some other mug to take the job off my hands)

Ask Aunty Pink: Hero Zero's PREMIER Agony Advice Column. http://forum.us.hero...pink/#entry3602

In Memoriam: Russ Smith, Gone but never forgotten 

#2 Maniac

Maniac

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 108 posts
  • LocationCaribou, Maine, USA
  • Team:Dysfunctional Family
  • World:US3
  • Character:Maniac

Posted 24 March 2015 - 02:59 PM

How many league fights are allowed per day?

#3 BruceARee

BruceARee

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 39 posts
  • Team:Chaos RuleZ
  • World:US2
  • Character:BruceARee

Posted 24 March 2015 - 03:21 PM

uhm..questions, it says:

1) After a player has earned at least 500 honor points, they gain access to the Hero Leagues.....so at the start it is not the actual league, what exactly happens after you achieve 500 honor points?

2) 1 play per hour without spending donuts? really?

3) some folks are finding they have no chance to win on any of the 3 choices they have even with spending a lot of donuts, there needs to be more free changes

4) the 3% increase to base stats..is that 3% added to all 4 stats and do you gt the increase for playing the league or do you need to finish in 1st place? Clarify please.

I'm sure more questions and requests to come...will be looking and listening.

#4 Maniac

Maniac

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 108 posts
  • LocationCaribou, Maine, USA
  • Team:Dysfunctional Family
  • Character:Maniac

Posted 24 March 2015 - 04:05 PM

Are league rankings reset each week?

#5 grothos

grothos

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 35 posts
  • Team:The Lawn Chair Gang
  • Character:grothos

Posted 24 March 2015 - 04:11 PM

uhm..questions, it says:

1) After a player has earned at least 500 honor points, they gain access to the Hero Leagues.....so at the start it is not the actual league, what exactly happens after you achieve 500 honor points?

2) 1 play per hour without spending donuts? really?

3) some folks are finding they have no chance to win on any of the 3 choices they have even with spending a lot of donuts, there needs to be more free changes

4) the 3% increase to base stats..is that 3% added to all 4 stats and do you gt the increase for playing the league or do you need to finish in 1st place? Clarify please.

I'm sure more questions and requests to come...will be looking and listening.

1) 500 HONOR points. not league points. so that means all players that fought a couple of duels after they finished the tutorial.

2)  -.-

3) Improve your character :)

4) you get a 3% to all your stats, but only effective INSIDE the League. You dont get a general 3% boost for all uses(teamfights,boss fights, duels etc.) just inside the league.

#6 Ansane

Ansane

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 159 posts
  • LocationEurope

Posted 24 March 2015 - 04:35 PM

How many league fights are allowed per day?

20. You will have to wait one hour after each attack, unless you attack the player immediately (4 donuts). 

#7 LittleOne

LittleOne

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 481 posts
  • Character:Priscilla

Posted 24 March 2015 - 08:58 PM

I think there needs to be a clarification here.  I have not read that the stat percentage increases are only applicable in the league.  When I look at my character's base stats, it shows the amount of points I am receiving from the league.  I don't see how they would subtract that each time we have a team fight or fight in the duel. 

So could you guys clarify that part.  The stat percentage increase --is it just for in the leagues or does it apply for all of the game play?

Waiting one hour to fight again is too long.  In duels we don't have to wait that long for a fight.  Either shorten that wait time, or give us a set amount we get for free---like 5 for free. Then wait an hour for next free one.  Like we do the duels.  But either way---1 hour is way too long.

I see the prizes we get for advancement.  The stat points and the increase in coins.  Is there a different prize for the champion at the end of the week?

It would be nice to be able to access a league rank list that you don't belong to.  That's good for teams to easily see where their other teammates are ranked and who is in which league.  I know you can see their league by looking directly at the character.  But it would be nice to have one look at a particular league to see who is ranked where without having to go look at each individual person.

So far I am enjoying the leagues.  We'll see if I still like it next week! :P

• ManOnFire likes this

#8 Ansane

Ansane

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 159 posts
  • LocationEurope

Posted 24 March 2015 - 09:14 PM

I think the stat percentage increase apply for other gameplay than solely the league. I just looked at the team fight history from today's fights, and I had the exact same stats as to when duelling in the league. 

• LittleOne likes this

#9 kkjn

kkjn

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 25 March 2015 - 07:31 AM

Myself, I think you just killed the game for some people.. I play on 2 servers.. Enjoy the friends I have on teams in each and others met on other teams..   The change to the villains earlier I am sure boosted donut sales.. This may for a short time, but compared to how many drop playing on multiple servers because of it.. I don't think worth it..       Hate to say game I really enjoy just got to time and money intensive...

KKJN on US2

and TEXASRED on US3...

• Relentless and patootie like this

#10 WhiteSmoke

WhiteSmoke

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 25 March 2015 - 02:41 PM

The rewards are nice, though if these are 'League Attacks' it would be nice if members of your own league were excluded from the potential opponents (or at least highlight them differently like in the duels list)

#11 LittleOne

LittleOne

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 481 posts

Posted 26 March 2015 - 04:28 AM

I have to agree with KKJN/Texasred.  I know a lot of people have poured major cash into this game.  When I first started on us3, I played the villains like crazy.  I would use donuts to help gain a win.  Helped me to get to number one, but I refuse to put out that kind of dollar anymore just for a few prizes.  Prizes that require more of my time as well.  That's what happens with the game.  People enjoy it for a while, then they begin to say it isn't worth it anymore, and usually stay for the friends they have made.

The leagues are by far the worst part of the game for eating donuts that I have ever encountered.  And I was a donut maniac.  I know Texasred was too, so you should pay attention to the people putting high dollars in the game.

The hour wait time ---no one likes.  And I haven't heard one person agree with it yet.  Two donuts for a refresh and four donuts for a fight before your free one, it is too much. 

I still think handling the league like you do the duels would make it a more enjoyable playing environment.    Maybe 5 free plays, then a wait time for the additional plays.  Then offering a 30 minute wait time instead of the hour.  I would like even less, but beggars can't be choosers.  

Also, weaker players are losing interest VERY fast.  On us2 the complaint is getting hit by people who are 100-150 levels higher than you.  They are just farming the weaker ones for points.  But the weaker players are saying they don't want to spend their donuts in the leagues if they build up they points to let's say 200 and are dropped down to 50.

On us3, I am seeing a lot of lower levels not very interested in the leagues.  It had it's moment.  But it is just too difficult for them to want to pursue anything from it.

I have to commend you for the heroic deeds and the stat percentage awards and the increase in coins.  It is a great incentive.

But if it isn't adjusted for the  weaker players some how, a huge amount of players won't get those rewards and won't be interested. 

I've put my all into the leagues the last couple of days.  This is just my personal opinion, and some of the comments I have been hearing from other players.

Thanks for listening

Priscilla us2 & us3

• ManOnFire and patootie like this

#12 LittleOne

LittleOne

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 481 posts

Posted 26 March 2015 - 06:56 PM

Another issue:

Training trophies--teams with 5 of these will dominate the leagues.  With the strength that the leagues bring now, there is no way to compete with a 5 trophy team.  Teams should be commended for being able to gain 5 trophies, but locking them down for 6 months, makes it a one or two team game.   This will carry over into the leagues.  It will make game play not be enjoyable for lower levels.  I sure wouldn't want to spend donuts on gaining leagues points when I have them all taken away from me in one day. 

On us3 I am one of the higher levels, and am keeping up with the top 10 in the leagues right now.  On us2, I am closer to a 200 level, and am fighting against many more in the 300 level range.  So I am seeing the point of view from two different vantage points.

Now if I was at level 100, I don't know if I would even try to play the leagues.  I would definitely play with ZERO donuts and just keep trying to strengthen my character. 

• CHINAAL likes this

#13 stevetheone

stevetheone

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
  • Team:Turbulence
  • Character:stevetheone

Posted 27 March 2015 - 11:36 AM

Can't say I'm paying much attention to the leagues. One hit/hr is very low and some of the match ups are strange(from walk overs to no wins). Know some people are burning donut's to gain levels but I'm more interested in other sides of the game. If I go up a league, good. If not, not worried. I just hope they do not cause an imbalance in the rest of the game. If the paying players gain too much of an advantage it will hurt us free players and cause many to quit. 

#14 LittleOne

LittleOne

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 481 posts

Posted 27 March 2015 - 03:16 PM

So this is how the leagues work---in a nutshell.

The lower levels/lower stats  work hard to gain league points.  Then they funnel the majority of their points to the higher level/higher stats players so they can climb up the leagues ladder.  Then the next day, they do it all over again.

It's like Disneyland---so much fun. 

I recommend two things

1---Set some kind of scale.  Like you do for honor in the duels.  I'm not sure if that is how it is set already.  But a 300 level player should only be able to get 1 point from a 200 level player.  Or set a level range.  Maybe you can only fight within 30 levels above and below your level.

2--Highlight in blue our team members.  The same way the duel list has it. 

• patootie likes this

#15 Cannonman

Cannonman

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 69 posts
  • Team:The Pooh Tang Clan

Posted 28 March 2015 - 08:34 AM

The system doesn't work at all; simply put that everything flows up stream; meaning the strong attack the weak and the weak attack the weaker...

You should only be able to fight within your own league; not only does it make sense, but it will force those in the top to fight amongst themselves.

Sure there will be those who get targeted within a certain league, but that's a hell of alot better than fighting someone who is significantly weaker (In my case players with -22,000 skill points; they don't stand a chance and 9/10 have less than half the league points I have). Also since the selection of those who you can fight are random it will hopefully start some "friendly" fighting within certain teams to reach the top of the list.

Even myself I see it strange that in the random opponents I get there are those with 40 points or less. I'd rather fight those within my league... not only will the league points I receive increase, (because I'm not fighting those in beginner leagues) it will stop attacks on weaker players and ultimately it will encourage those in the leagues below to use the system and work their way into new leagues.

Also perhaps it should tell you in the list which team they belong to; not just so members can avoid attacking their own, but for those who like to attack certain teams players they can do as they please.

• patootie likes this

#16 CrossBones

CrossBones

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 15 posts

Posted 28 March 2015 - 12:45 PM

the only issue with fighting in your own league is gold currently has 4 people in it and the others are limited as well.....the idea is cool ...but this is a failed execution as far as I am concerned it comes across as a blatant money grab by the developer....2 donuts to refresh and 4 to hit earlier that the one hour refresh seems a little steep. the issue I have run in to is that all my choices are either teammates at 10 points or low levels at 2 points. the only way I see  to help fix it is to include all players to help increase the odds your opponent will give you better point rewards. I understand  that the concept was teams don't matter...but the cold hard facts are is there is a social aspect to the game so if you start hurting teammates in league fights you weaken your own team by stats and internal fighting.. I think a " Evil Developers" Villian running off with sacks of donuts should be added to the villains in the game...LMAO .......thats my thoughts not yours

• patootie likes this

#17 patootie

patootie

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 12 posts
  • LocationYe Olde Worlde England

Posted 28 March 2015 - 12:50 PM

Hate it!

This is not definitely not good for the longevity of Hero Zero ...

I have been thinking through how the times zones work ...there is a marginal benefit to being the last time zone to start Hero Zero each day ... heroes in the earlier zones will already have done most of their 20 fights ... those coming in later will see heroes with the extra points from their daily 20 ...
so the whole league thing is totally biased towards those who fight last each day!

And I felt so bad yesterday ... nearly all my opponents were in the sub 150 level group of heroes ... what chance did they have against me (not bragging, just being factual) ... no way were they ever going to beat me! How would I feel as a mid level hero if a high level hero came and smashed me down .. I'd think stuff this, may as well delete my hero ....  yet ... if we do not play the league with all the huge booster percentages from the league levels it would be like having a chunk of skills taken away ... because everyone else around me at my level is playing the league ... so it's play or drop far behind your previous peers 

The selection of heroes has to change ... I am getting too many team mates in my selections ... sometimes three at a time ... and it's rubbish the league doesn't affect normal play ... or course it does ... as all those % booster are there for both 'normal' play and league play ... general team rules are ... do not hit team mates ... 

Seems to me this is a last ditch effort by the developers to grab a huge chunk of cash from all the donuts you need to use the league to it's full advantage ...

The us2 server Hero Zero is already running low on how many heroes are playing ... because only 1 year ago ... we had 17K+ active heroes weekly ... this week there are just 2k active heroes ...

Seriously folks ... this league should NEVER have impacted on 'normal' play .. it should ONLY have EVER been an additional side tournament ... that had no effect on usual play ... 

It needs a total rethink before relatively new folks give up and delete their heroes ... sad to say but this is the very worst idea the devs could have come up with ... !!

Hate it!

• leapinglizard likes this

#18 CrossBones

CrossBones

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 15 posts

Posted 28 March 2015 - 01:13 PM

I did a little more searching and scrolled through the first thousand players and it looks like most are signed up..the points given out seem to be where the problem lies. Something has to be done to give new players a shot at advancing or this game is doomed. There are only 4 gold players 14 silver one players and if you scroll through the honor list by level it is pretty clear that all the higher rewards go to the upper levels... I would love to see level 5's with gold but your points structure and choices of opponents prevents this. 

#19 Cannonman

Cannonman

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 69 posts
  • Team:The Pooh Tang Clan

Posted 28 March 2015 - 01:13 PM

No CrossBones you're wrong; however let me elaborate for you as to why.

The system is new and appropriately to open the system there is free range of attacking to set a baseline for each class. It wont take long before each class has a set quantity of players to which those in the each class will be able to attack respectively. Perhaps an oversight might be that a -1 and +1 range should be added; meaning you are able to attack 1 less than your class or 1 above. This will help those moving into new classes and knock down those who are in a class they prematurely got into.

As for fighting your own team mates? I don't really see any resolution to this other than click refresh or get it over and done with.

I see alot of people also complaining about the quantity of donuts it costs to attack early or to refresh... If you think its too much then simply don't pay for it? It's an added option meaning you don't have to do it as you are able to wait it out (even if you have no patients what so ever) and make an attack every hour or refresh for free once daily.

This game always has and always will have one ultimate flaw; in that those who are stronger will always get increasingly stronger. Ultimately one day this will be its downfall because it will be impossible for new players to even get close to those most strongest or who have played for significantly longer; i.e US2 and US3 servers opening because US1 is doomed.

#20 CrossBones

CrossBones

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 15 posts

Posted 28 March 2015 - 01:55 PM

I love your arrogance / self confidence... if the plan is to only be able to attack players in your own league then this is doomed from the start.... 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users