• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 74 posts
  • LocationNew England
  • Team:Double Zero
  • World:US3
  • Character:grub

Posted 28 February 2015 - 02:39 AM

My friend plays during the week and takes off for the weekends.

Problem is, on her return on Monday, pets are let loose, gear is sold and donuts missing. Support can't do much because you can access your account anywhere.

We would like any ideas on how to stop this from recurring. Yes, e-mail has been changed, password changed. Both several times. She plays on all three us servers and only us3 has this problem. 

Thanks for your time and suggestions.

grub

#2 AngelicaSynn

AngelicaSynn

"Femme Fatale"-in training

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 354 posts
  • Team:Heroes Anonymous
  • World:US4
  • Character:QuTiPy

Posted 28 February 2015 - 03:07 AM

My best advice is for your friend to contact their Internet Provider and have them check for log-in information during the days in question...

They are likely the only ones who could determine where, and therefor who, is likely to have done this...

If the hacker(s) are using a keyboard repeater hack, changing the password or email would be useless... they may have been infected by a virus to set this type of thing up... a boot-time scan with a good virus protection program probably wouldn't be out of order, either...

• grub, Ansane, PostmodernPugilist and 1 other like this

My new character....
 IROLnBu.png

#3 unnie

unnie

Team member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 206 posts
  • LocationThe Polar Circle
  • World:US2
  • Character:unnie (retired)

Posted 02 March 2015 - 10:51 AM

My best advice is for your friend to contact their Internet Provider and have them check for log-in information during the days in question...

They are likely the only ones who could determine where, and therefor who, is likely to have done this...

If the hacker(s) are using a keyboard repeater hack, changing the password or email would be useless... they may have been infected by a virus to set this type of thing up... a boot-time scan with a good virus protection program probably wouldn't be out of order, either...

Do the email and pwd-change from another completely "fresh" PC or mobile phone/tablet. That way no keylogger or anything else should be able to disturb the process(es). Furthermore - clean all spyware/malware and viruses before even attempting to log in even once, that being a big mistake and also sending "the victim" to square one, as it were.

• grub and AngelicaSynn like this

Team Supervisor - Hero Zero U.S.

Having trouble with your Flash player - or plagued by the Sweating sickness?

Contact Game Support here!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users