Photo

Is Honour Dropping Really So Honourable?

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Jagan

Jagan

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 277 posts
  • LocationOn the other side of imagination
  • Team:Dark Mayhem
  • World:US2
  • Character:Jagan

Posted 18 February 2015 - 03:07 PM

Many Players do it. But is it really an honourable way to play? Seems like a way for the players to exploit the system and take advantage to me.

Are you too big to have any opponents? Well, then, with the help of your friends and by provoking smaller Toons, strip nakey and lose a ton of honour. Then rise back up through the ranks by hitting much smaller Toons then yourself.  Not really fair that a level 175 Toon for instance loses 125+ honour to a level 300 just because the level 300 has so little honour. Perhaps at this point in the game the developers should look at a formula that takes into account a player's relative power or level as well as honour?

• Agrimm likes this
“What would your good be doing if there were no evil, and what would the earth look like if shadows disappeared from it? After all, shadows are cast by objects and people. There is the shadow of my sword. But there are also shadows of trees and living creatures. Would you like to denude the earth of all the trees and all the living beings in order to satisfy your fantasy of rejoicing in the naked light?”

― Mikhail Bulgakov, The Master and Margarita

#2 LittleOne

LittleOne

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 481 posts
  • World:US3
  • Character:Priscilla

Posted 18 February 2015 - 06:00 PM

The Honor Race.  Thanks for bringing it up Jagan.  It is a very worthy topic.  I think I may have some unpopular opinions about the honor race.  Unpopular, but I think valid none the less.

The individual honor race, in regards to the weekly tournament, is for personal gain, not team gain.  If you need donuts, you will probably end up playing the individual honor race.  And hey---we all want donuts.  There are times however, when playing the race can actually harm your team.

Case in point.  There was a time a couple of months ago (before my two month break), that my team (Sugar Rush us3) and I held all the top spots except expansion.  During that time I had to make the choice---for my team---to not participate in the individual honor race.  The reason I didn't participate in that race is because I would have to go weak for a week.  If it is a close race in the top spots, this will prove bad for your team.  It could put you in a position to lose your top spots.  So it is a decision you have to make---personal donuts---or team standings. 

Next, I remember being in the top spot and searching for honor to duel for---for the total honor ranking.  It is very, very slim pickin's.  I never gained more than 20 honor points.  Ten pts and less was very common.  I literally had to go after every person on the server in order to get enough honor to hold on to number one.  It was just a fact of life. 

Now, I am more of a coin girl than an honor girl.  AND I truly don't have time like I used to.  I used to go to the ranking list and search out people to duel.  Now I just have to use the computer generated duel list and go for the people I can beat who give the highest coin.

So yeah, it isn't fair fighting someone who is way lower rank than you.  And I was the one who would call people out for doing that to me on other servers.  But the truth is, the higher up you go, if you hold any top ranking, you will have to hit as many people as possible to keep that rank.

I think that if the game took away the ability to get donuts in this fashion, but added other ways to get more donuts---that might be more fair.  Maybe giving donuts for fighting the villain.  Increase the donuts you gain in missions.  There are ways to do it if you look closely.

#3 CrossBones

CrossBones

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 15 posts

Posted 30 March 2015 - 11:57 AM

I have done this once and by using tools available in the game I was able to lose to level 5's the one big thing that benefits the low levels is when you drop honor. I was giving 2500 plus coins to each low level I lost to. so to a level 5 2500 coins is a huge benefit and I was able to get whole low level leagues involved by messaging their league leaders I lost 70k honor in about 12 hours.the other thing that no one is looking at is that when you beat a low level they get more gold coins for losing than they will ever get by beating someone. i verified this by testing my theory on my low level on US3. What I thought was disturbing the game allows you to battle back and forth indefinitely so I happened across a very low level hero that I gave a crazy amount of honor and coins to by battling back and forth only to find out they had been deleted the next day. it is my Opinion that these type of games take no skill at all to play just point the mouse and click. I enjoy figuring out the best way to increase honor or gain skill points ect. The challenge is in finding and using all the tools available, the idea of "it was never intended to be used that way" is silly to me. If I can figure out a way to use a tool to my advantage that is also available to everyone else that is not a glitch or a cheat then why not? 

• patootie likes this

#4 patootie

patootie

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 12 posts
  • LocationYe Olde Worlde England
  • World:US2

Posted 04 April 2015 - 09:18 AM

Some good info there crossbones ...

When I was coming up through the levels ... my daily 'bread and butter' duels were those with high level heroes geared down to lose honor ... I trawled the bottom of the weekly honors list looking for such heroes ... made lists of them ... and hit them daily ... a) they were glad to be losing big chunks of honor ... B) I was pretty sure they wouldn't turn on me and hit back ... c) I always wrote a message to thank the hero for letting me have such a lot of honor in one hit ...

Often those high level heroes would choose to hit me back and thus dump even more of their honor on me ... I remember once pingponging with Lacatus ... a Legend in the game ... it was fantastic ... my skills soared (spent the huge bonus coin income on my skills) .. my honor was huge ... and Lacatus went on to be No 1 the next week in the weekly honors ... 

There are no rules about how to lose honor or gain honor ... even though heroes from other teams are technically 'enemies' .. by working together real achievements can be made ... I would definitely say to use all the options open to us as heroes ... look and see who is losing ... who is gaining ... trawl the bottom of the weekly honors list ... find those heroes losing ... they will generally be glad to be 'donating' honor to you ... 

• CrossBones likes this

#5 LittleOne

LittleOne

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 481 posts
  • World:US3
  • Character:Priscilla

Posted 11 April 2015 - 05:07 PM

I have to agree with that too.  Starting out, I developed relationships with higher levels who were losing honor.  I appreciated the coins A LOT.  Got to be friends with a lot of those people too.

There are times when you don't want to lose honor.  Like when you hold the top spot for overall honor.

I actually think having a strategic mind is very honorable.  And losing honor doesn't hurt anyone and isn't against any rules.  It also helps those who need donuts in order to play the game.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users